Dallardsville Big Sandy 73 Evadale 77/FINAL

10 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

They caught the second half then.  Definitely the best part...

Anyway.  Give me some info regarding these teams if you don't mind.  I know Big Sandy is hurting from the seniors they lost.  Are they "down"?  Is Evadale "better"?  Is it a combination of the 2?  I'll be honest, I haven't really been keeping up much.

Combination though Evadale lost one of it's best players (Mackey) to an ACL tear a month ago. Had surgery last week.

5 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

How long does an ACL injury last these days?  It was 6 months in my day...I know times have changed

From my understanding, 6 months. He is out for the remainder of the school year. No more basketball, baseball or track. Unfortunately, his high school sports career is over.

14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

From my understanding, 6 months. He is out for the remainder of the school year. No more basketball, baseball or track. Unfortunately, his high school sports career is over.

Hate that for any kid.  Any prospects of maybe getting to play after high school?  I remember from football season seeing his name quite a bit.

2 hours ago, yeadatway said:

That's a good quality win for Evadale. No matter how much turnover at Big Sandy, to beat that program, you have to be on your game. Evadale's stock is certainly on the rise.

Congratulations. 

You hit the nail on the head.  They don't do football, so while most teams are banging pads, the Wildcats are in the gym.  And they are as polished as always.  They were certainly impressive moving the ball around.  Glad we don't have a rematch in their gym.  Not the caliber of the last two years, but they can still play with most 2A teams. 

On 1/11/2017 at 6:42 PM, REBgp said:

You hit the nail on the head.  They don't do football, so while most teams are banging pads, the Wildcats are in the gym.  And they are as polished as always.  They were certainly impressive moving the ball around.  Glad we don't have a rematch in their gym.  Not the caliber of the last two years, but they can still play with most 2A teams. 

Evadale's district would catch West Sabine's district in the bi district round right?