Silsbee 65 The Woodlands 64/FINAL

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The '6"9 kid did not play. Not sure if he is their best player. #22 is pretty dang good from what I was told.

He is former Rockets player Matt Bullards son and yes he is the best player on the team. I don't keep with it too much but a co-workers son is on the team. He told me today that a lot of people weren't going tonight because they thought they would get smoked. They gave my tigers a good game.  

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

here is the goaltending call.  Not the best video but if you can slow it down with pause button, you can get a look at it.  Pretty bad call imo.  Kid got glassed, you don't call GT there.  It was simultaneous at best for Silsbee which is a clean block.  But I've unfortunately seen worse lately at end of games.  

I cant tell anything really from that video.  Just too close for me to call.  Do think there was a lot of contact that could have been called instead but I definitely saw lots of contact that wasn't called tonight.  Those went both ways saw several push offs on them not called and done I thought would be called on us.  Tough way for The Woodlands to lose but with better play by the Tigers this one wouldn't have been in debate.  As is often our story we had too many missed layups and some sloppy turnovers.

Hmmm after watching the highlights on Kfdm and slowing them down it does appear that Kaylon put the ball off the glass and then you see the hand of the Woodlands player slap it away.  So from that look it was a good call.  Awful fast to see in Regular speed but appears to me to be correct.

59 minutes ago, TW Tiger said:

He is former Rockets player Matt Bullards son and yes he is the best player on the team. I don't keep with it too much but a co-workers son is on the team. He told me today that a lot of people weren't going tonight because they thought they would get smoked. They gave my tigers a good game.  

Dang...  Bull's boy, huh?  I wish he would've played...

5 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Not according to the uil alignment page.  I thought so too but they are in Carthage's district which is in region 2 for basketball.

You are correct. Center will have to deal with Dallas Lincoln and the other DISD schools.

The other significant change is District 22 (Silsbee's district) will play District 21(Jasper, Hudson, Huntington, Shepherd and Diboll) in 1st round. Not District 23 (Cleveland, HJ, Huffman, etc..)

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You are correct. Center will have to deal with Dallas Lincoln and the other DISD schools.

The other significant change is District 22 (Silsbee's district) will play District 21(Jasper, Hudson, Huntington, Shepherd and Diboll) in 1st round. Not District 23 (Cleveland, HJ, Huffman, etc..)

Yes I was looking at the brackets and if the ranked teams in our region, which unless I missed someone are Silsbee, Navasota, Yates and North forest. If the favored teams win their district,  Nav. and Yates will be in the same half of the region which will also have the winner of the HJ/Huffman district.  The only currently ranked team in our half would be North Forest if they end up 2nd.  This year there is an advantage to winning district.

Just watched the video... It was the correct call after seeing the ball had already contacted the backboard and then the opposing player hits the ball. Opposing player did make contact so at most you call a foul and put the player at the line. Hate to see a game decided on a goal-tending call though. (S/n - I've crossed over into the wide world of officiating. Lol)