Hardin-Jefferson 79 Kountze 75/FINAL

WOSgrad

Kountze has a bigger kid playing the post that did a nice job for them last night I hadn't seen before. The long ball wasn't falling for them like it normally does and that hurt them but they will be solid again as usual. I didn't see many JV players that would be able to contribute on the varsity but Duane gets all the 7 on the varsity have to give.

Yes #4

Best player on team, IMO.

He was the best player Kountze had, he was solid last year. The kid that surprised me was the big kid that played down low. Never saw him before and he did everything he was asked. He doesn't look polished by any stretch but really played smart when he got in foul trouble. Rebounded, took charges and scored when he was called on to do so.He is going to help them.

9 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Yes #4

He was the best player Kountze had, he was solid last year. The kid that surprised me was the big kid that played down low. Never saw him before and he did everything he was asked. He doesn't look polished by any stretch but really played smart when he got in foul trouble. Rebounded, took charges and scored when he was called on to do so.He is going to help them.

He was a sophomore last year and I think it was his first year to play. I heard he has improved.

15 hours ago, whsalum said:

Yes #4

He stepped up big time in the playoffs last year for Kountze. 6'3"- 6'4" kid around 250 lbs. Last year was his first year playing basketball I believe. He still needs polishing but if he gets better as the season goes on he could cause problems inside with his size. 

coach Joubert should be called a magician this year. He has a very limited rosters and is competing with some big time programs, I know its no glory in moral victories but his kids have bought into the system and play hard for the entire game. I missed the Hj game but heard it came down to the wire and against central i was really surprised to see them play as well as they did.  glad Hj got out of the dog fight. any word on how they are doing at the Aransas pass tournament?

10 minutes ago, Barney Fife said:

coach Joubert should be called a magician this year. He has a very limited rosters and is competing with some big time programs, I know its no glory in moral victories but his kids have bought into the system and play hard for the entire game. I missed the Hj game but heard it came down to the wire and against central i was really surprised to see them play as well as they did.  glad Hj got out of the dog fight. any word on how they are doing at the Aransas pass tournament?

HJ beat 5A #21 Laredo Nixon 77 to 70.  They  play again at 4:30. Today