West Brook's Flanigan Placed on Administrative Leave

WOSgrad

6 minutes ago, Vpirate02 said:

Did any of those districts have hostil take overs? No I didn't think so.

But this situation had nothing to do with anything faulty the district did.  And also, there is a whole new regime in place from back then.  educate yourself.  There are sources available to help you with that.

4 minutes ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

Could someone tell me the law that was broken? It is only illegal to video if the intent is to invade privacy or sexual. These were clearly not the case. The Texas penal code allows you to record to stop thieves. 

I would assume videoing in an area where people of any age, but especially minors, are getting undressed would be illegal for obvious reasons.  Just like a department store can't put video cameras in their dressing rooms to stop shoplifters 

12 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I would assume videoing in an area where people of any age, but especially minors, are getting undressed would be illegal for obvious reasons.  Just like a department store can't put video cameras in their dressing rooms to stop shoplifters 

True.. However here is what I heard..

The camera was not turned on until all players were done dressing and at practice.. And was turned off when they returned.. So it was only on when nobody was supposed to be in the locker room.. So no intent to video "naked minors"... Just a thief!!

A report was filed about numerous theifts in their field house and BISD did not respond accordingly. They hire BPD to supply security however, as you have seen lately with the parking lot insadent, security is a problem. In fact there has been several reports of people coming on campus and threatening students. Complaints were made about BPD.

Flanigan is a great man. Filed with integrity. He was only looking out for the interests of his players. Sad that it has come to this..

Wow this thread sounds like a bunch of lawyers LOL.  Well not even being a paralegal, I think you can put cameras up outside dressing rooms (in department stores) in order to show the folks who go in and come out, but I sure don't think you can video people undressing, I guess I need to see that law.

4 minutes ago, hitman009 said:

True.. However here is what I heard..

The camera was not turned on until all players were done dressing and at practice.. And was turned off when they returned.. So it was only on when nobody was supposed to be in the locker room.. So no intent to video "naked minors"... Just a thief!!

A report was filed about numerous theifts in their field house and BISD did not respond accordingly. They hire BPD to supply security however, as you have seen lately with the parking lot insadent, security is a problem. In fact there has been several reports of people coming on campus and threatening students. Complaints were made about BPD.

Flanigan is a great man. Filed with integrity. He was only looking out for the interests of his players. Sad that it has come to this..

Black and white, he wasn't supposed to do it, there's NO gray area...  You don't install cameras, then you're coaching your team in the playoffs...

10 minutes ago, CCRed said:

On the other side of the story, I hope they prosecute the little turd that was stealing from the other kids. Someone mentioned "talking" to his parents or him. How about jail time. People work hard to earn what they have, and for some punk to steal from a teammate is inexcusable. 

+10000000000

31 minutes ago, jbarrett said:

BMTSoulja1... you need Jesus! There are churches all around you...just pick one! They are open every Sunday morning. The people there will help you.

No thanks.  I have a church home that I attend every Sunday...  not sure what that have to do with this debate, but whatever.  If I see BS, I call it as such.  And the BISD hate, in this case isn't warranted as explained previously, but some of you just jump at every opportunity, and it's really just silly.

32 minutes ago, CCRed said:

On the other side of the story, I hope they prosecute the little turd that was stealing from the other kids. Someone mentioned "talking" to his parents or him. How about jail time. People work hard to earn what they have, and for some punk to steal from a teammate is inexcusable. 

And I'm sure that the kid will be dealt with accordingly...

1 hour ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Ozen is, and always will be, the Golden Child of the district. It was Thomas' baby.

Sadly their football program has been punished by imo Chargois,Lambert and the defunct AD. All that could be done was done to kill the program was done. Blocking Toby from Ozen,PS-3McGee,blocking Plez Adkins,Suggs untimely departure/June-2016...The Golden child Ozen has 1070 enrollment now D1-4A  numbers. Enough said,I know this will open Pandoras box...Bring it lol...jmo...Nothing personal 82-5A State Champs...Durley has been simulated but not duplicated. Great season Beaumont Bowl Champs...