Texas at Kansas

UTfanatic

Okay, i'll say this. I'm not going to boo hoo about a holding call, false start, or even pass interference. But what could have been a game ending play and a win for Texas was the interception in the end zone that they called incomplete. Texas' defender caught the ball, fell on the turf, thenthe Kansas player pulled it from his grasp. Wasn't even reviewed.

18 minutes ago, baddog said:

Okay, i'll say this. I'm not going to boo hoo about a holding call, false start, or even pass interference. But what could have been a game ending play and a win for Texas was the interception in the end zone that they called incomplete. Texas' defender caught the ball, fell on the turf, thenthe Kansas player pulled it from his grasp. Wasn't even reviewed.

Even with that catch Strong would still be out - that close a game to Kansas when they were "turning it around" - nail in the coffin man.

2 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

Even with that catch Strong would still be out - that close a game to Kansas when they were "turning it around" - nail in the coffin man.

Agree OT.....and I hate to bellyache about a call, but when the game actually hangs on a call, it's tough not to say something. 

21 minutes ago, baddog said:

I thought the same thing.  Are we missing something?  How is that not even reviewed?? Going to have to get the officiating expert John Kimbrough to explain that one to me. 

6 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

I agree with you.  But for me, that would have been the best case scenario.  Bowl eligible and he's gone.  Not for the bowl but for the month of extra practice, and quite possibly with the new coach.  But when it came down to the wire with a 1-9 team, you're right about his fate being sealed. 

11 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Why did the head coach not throw a fit? 

Good question. I think he was out of timeouts but I didn't see what he was doing if anything on the sidelines. They were already in field goal range and lining up for one. I would have been at midfield raising hell and let them flag me for half the distance. 

7 hours ago, OldTimer said:

My opinion:

Strong is very likely a better coach than he has shown - just think that when you coach at Texas you have to be prepared to be EVERY teams big game and be ready to face every teams best.

I think he is also a good man but likely will be out of a job - perhaps as early as Monday.

OT agrees with what I have always believed and said. 

Every opponents big game is when they play Texas.

Horns up and Hookem 

1 hour ago, UTfanatic said:

Yea 

#btbb.........and lsu reportedly waiting on Strong!

Hookem 

I've been playing craps with a bunch of LSU fans all night in Marksville.  They all seem to think Jimbo is headed to Baton Rouge. I don't see why he would make a lateral move at this point unless he doesn't get along with the admin.  

23 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Charlie needs more time.  The team is still young and at least they didn't give up 50.

I understand the fear when Aggy is unable to out recruit a losing Texas. 

Imagine trying to out recruit a winner. 

Either Fedora, Fleck, or Herman, will be reason for the "eternal dumpster fire" in Collie Station. 

2 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

OT agrees with what I have always believed and said. 

Every opponents big game is when they play Texas.

Horns up and Hookem 

OT is one of the most reasonable, and honestly insightful posters on this or most any board, especially for an Aggie.  But of course, he's just a "t shirt" Aggie (which is a vile, dirty word among the ring wearing Gomers), so according to them he's not really an Aggie.  So maybe that explains it?