Texas at Kansas

UTfanatic

As disappointed UT Football has made me in the last 8 years or so, I think you gotta bring Charlie back for one more year, at least. He has the pieces on offense (QB), finally to make a run at a Big 12 title. Obviously the defense has got to play better, but there has been a progression in overall team play that they have not shown in recent memory. I'd give him one more year with this group.

2 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

As disappointed UT Football has made me in the last 8 years or so, I think you gotta bring Charlie back for one more year, at least. He has the pieces on offense (QB), finally to make a run at a Big 12 title. Obviously the defense has got to play better, but there has been a progression in overall team play that they have not shown in recent memory. I'd give him one more year with this group.

If a coaching change is not made this year, recruiting will be zero.  They have not shown a progression in my opinion.

Recruits want to play at a winner.

We have already witnessed the worst 3 year since before WWII. 

horns up and Hookem 

3 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

If a coaching change is not made this year, recruiting will be zero.  They have not shown a progression in my opinion.

Recruits want to play at a winner.

We have already witnessed the worst 3 year since before WWII. 

horns up and Hookem 

Idk, from what I've heard, A few recruits are waiting to see what happens with Strong to decide their future...that's why many recruits out of Texas have not made decisions recently ...as well as Thoes that are already committed...I think that's why administrators haven't made a decision yet cause a lot of eyes are on the university 

5 hours ago, D3zii said:

Idk, from what I've heard, A few recruits are waiting to see what happens with Strong to decide their future...that's why many recruits out of Texas have not made decisions recently ...as well as Thoes that are already committed...I think that's why administrators haven't made a decision yet cause a lot of eyes are on the university 

I believe the PTB have already made a decision, just waiting on the announcement. 

Black Friday

Texas will not be held ransom by a couple of recruits!!!

Depending on the new staff and having them on board in December, new recruits could be lining up outside of Belmont. 

Horns up and Hookem 

8 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

I believe the PTB have already made a decision, just waiting on the announcement. 

Black Friday

Texas will not be held ransom by a couple of recruits!!!

Depending on the new staff and having them on board in December, new recruits could be lining up outside of Belmont. 

Horns up and Hookem 

I doubt there will be a new staff. There is a pretty obvious progression at the QB position, which has killed Texas in the past. He can play, and there is no reason to dump a new coach on him after his freshman year. Didn't Strong hit on him? I think another year to grow from him and tighten up that defense, next year will be a more Texas-like year. I'm all for firing him, after one more year. ONE.

User Actions
 Following
This is the hidden content, please

A bunch to chew on here from

regarding Tom Herman:

It appears that UT may not be the only suitor.

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

I doubt there will be a new staff. There is a pretty obvious progression at the QB position, which has killed Texas in the past. He can play, and there is no reason to dump a new coach on him after his freshman year. Didn't Strong hit on him? I think another year to grow from him and tighten up that defense, next year will be a more Texas-like year. I'm all for firing him, after one more year. ONE.

I feel the same way 

27 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

IMO

If he beats Kansas loses badly to TCU!

We should not even be having this conversation. 

We are Texas and should not expect/accept mediocrity!

Hookem

Well, it's just what it is right now.

It has been frustrating to watch. I just try to convince myself that the team is young and will be 100% better next year.

Now, if Herman had UH playing lights out, I may have a different stance. 

41 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

IMO

If he beats Kansas loses badly to TCU!

We should not even be having this conversation. 

We are Texas and should not expect/accept mediocrity!

Hookem

I doubt very seriously Texas loses badly to TCU. If they get ran off the field in embarrassing fashion he is probably gone. They will not lose to Kansas. 

16 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

It has been frustrating to watch. I just try to convince myself that the team is young and will be 100% better next year.

Now, if Herman had UH playing lights out, I may have a different stance

My whole point. There is not a realistic candidate out there that will change the landscape of Texas Football. The team is young. I don't think you bail on Charlie with a freshman QB that could be a difference maker next year. Unless you bring in a Saban, Meyer, Fisher, Swinney, what is the point. Give it another year and go from there.

Edited by Tigers2010
grammar

3 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Now, if Herman had UH playing lights out, I may have a different stance. 

Exactly 

22 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

IMO based on what MY eyes see!

The only things that have progressed are talent and reduction on "off field incidents"

These are my Top Ten why  it's time for change!

1. Game/Stategy Decisions

2. Time management 

3. Special teams

4. Players missing assignments and lack of development. 

5. Players confused on where to line up. 

6. Offense inability to attack the middle of the field. 

7. Promises made by staff, then broken. 

8. Poor staff hiring/evaluation, this staff is being paid as among the best in CFB. It is time for them to coach like it. 

9. Players are winning, a little bit, now on ability only.

10. The "worst" three years of Texas football since 1939. 

It's kind of like listening to the weekly press conferences. 

"EXECUTION and ACCOUNTABILITY"

Horns up and Hookem 

18 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Barring a loss on Saturday, Strong will be back. 

What I hear is he has to win both of the remaining games to have a chance.  That depends on some other variables as well.  For instance, my personal belief is if U of H were to beat Louisville tonight, winning out may not even get it done for him. 

14 hours ago, TxHoops said:

What I hear is he has to win both of the remaining games to have a chance.  That depends on some other variables as well.  For instance, my personal belief is if U of H were to beat Louisville tonight, winning out may not even get it done for him. 

Ruh roh Charlie.  Big Game Tom is gunning for yo job!