Crosby v. Vidor (Stallworth 7pm 11/10)

Cougtalk

8 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

So one of you Crosby peeps give me a quick run down of who to watch for tonight: name, number, what college they will be going to, etc.. 

16 Mannie Netherly QB - Senior commit to LSU 

24 Carlos Grace RB - Senior commit to UH

21 Craig Williams RB- Junior uncommitted multiple D1 offers  

88 Rooney WR- Junior top receiver this year. 

11 Cedric Patterson WR - Junior Rising Star excellent hands very very fast 

19 Trey Edwards WR - Senior super athletic and will make people miss in the open field 

Defense 

30 Barnabay - ILB just a monster had 4 Sacks versus New Caney last week

46 Henson - DL big boy makes a lot of solid leverage plays gets Barnabay and other LB's space to make tackles. 

1 Perry - Safety this guy has bad intentions when he comes to the ball you can guarantee he will make some huge hits in this and every game. 

#4 Shammah Grey-Brooks  incredible cover corner (won't matter that much maybe.) 

#17 Palmer other solid cover corner again question how important in this game. 

#90 Jemarr Hamilton - Soph will play a big role as a huge stopper in the middle. 

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

This is starting to remind me of the Titanic.... Vidor boards what they think is an un sinkable ship tonight only to hit a big, fast , athletic , red iceberg in Baytown :)

PS : Vidor be sure to have enough escape boats, so that you can get back home after the ship sinks!!

GO Get'em Crosby!!!

Dadgum BHFan, you got me worrying about your sanity :) .  You got to know that last Friday we played a big, fast, athletic, red iceberg, and won.  Ye of little faith.  Let me quote you a poem from Longfellow (I think, but some famous poet).

In came the Pirates from Orange County

And their TD's were hard to keep counted

The Coogs couldn't tell at all

Which Pirate RB had the ball

And thus the Coog was stuffed and mounted

7 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

19 Trey Edwards WR - Senior super athletic and will make people miss in the open field 

Defense 

46 Henson - DL big boy makes a lot of solid leverage plays gets Barnabay and other LB's space to make tackles. 

1 Perry - Safety this guy has bad intentions when he comes to the ball you can guarantee he will make some huge hits in this and every game. 

#90 Jemarr Hamilton - Soph will play a big role as a huge stopper in the middle. 

That's nice...but leads me to an obvious question.  How did you possibly lose two games?  I mean you present your team like one that could have rolled Manvel or something.

13 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Dadgum BHFan, you got me worrying about your sanity :) .  You got to know that last Friday we played a big, fast, athletic, red iceberg, and won.  Ye of little faith.  Let me quote you a poem from Longfellow (I think, but some famous poet).

Sorry REB quoted wrong person fixing post...

7 minutes ago, REBgp said:

PAM scored 21 points on basically 32 plays that they got to run when they didn't turn the ball over. Between four lost fumbles and an onside kick they lost 5 possessions, if all they run is 3-4 plays on four of those possessions they probably score at least 14 more points. Everything came together for Vidor that night like it came together for Porter earlier in the year against Crosby. What you'll most notice between PAM and Crosby is that there's a drastic difference in coaching.

7 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

That's nice...but leads me to an obvious question.  How did you possibly lose two games?  I mean you present your team like one that could have rolled Manvel or something.

Manvel is the best team in the State and we put more points on them than any other team this year. We lost to Porter and didn't have Mannie or Craig. Also Manvel has 9 D1 players on their roster we are not comparable to Manvel. 

For Instance we beat BH without Craig and with Mannie leaving in the 2nd quarter. 

We have had Craig 2 Games this season but he is back from Injury hopefully. 

Porter we didn't have either Craig nor Mannie and that game we lost in OT, we got our butts kicked. 

8 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

Same way PAM lost to y'all. Everything just went right for you, you didn't actually win because you're the better team. Just had a night like Porter did against us, things eventually line themselves out though.

22 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Defense 

Perry is committed to UTSA but also has a Big10 offer. Forgot about the other receiver, 6-3 Jordan Hill, who is also sitting on 9 offers currently.  

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

HUDL videos are so funny. Sorry just noticing this but Vidors videos are great the PNG one which its recap is Vidor 18-0 made my day. I just wanted to see that offense. It's very clear you must stay home versus the offense and you need defensive linemen in the middle to get leverage and clog holes should be a fun side of the ball to watch as Crosby's Defense loves contact and it seems so does Vidors offense. 

Looking at Crosby offense vs. Vidors Defense. The matchup excites me a bit Vidor has shown an inability to cover the deep ball. Especially against teams that run the ball well out of the gun. 

Vs. PNG they beat y'all like 3-4 times deep, also y'all had  a bit of an issue with their athletic quarterback. (LOL Netherley.) 

Vs. Nederland both scoring plays were big passes deep. 

vs. PAM big passes and Athletic Quarterback was how they got back in that game. (granted you won with a big lead in the first, good job!) 

So it seems we have a very interesting Matchup when it comes to strengths vs weaknesses. That puts a lot of pressure on Vidors offense to score early and often. 

Because Netherly is otherworldly athletic and he's finally getting to 100% which means watch out. 

Williams and Grace might have difficulty running the ball as it looks like y'all will play a very aggressive defense. we will still get our yards but the big pass is going to be key. Also i've not seen any film on y'all versus the screen game that should be an interesting area to watch

I also think Vidor kids should watch what they say on Twitter the Crosby Boys are a bit fired up for this one and it's not just because it's a playoff game. 

If we get the screen game AND the read option going tonight I think all we would need to make at that point is make two or three stops defensively or maybe just turn Vidor over a couple of times. Can't have the personal fouls and drive killing penalties we've been having this year though, especially with the Vidor kids getting them amped up on Twitter. After watching more of Vidor's film I came to pretty much the same conclusion you did. With this being the healthiest we've been since the Heights game I feel excellent about how our personnel matches up on both sides of the ball.   

15 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

PAM scored 21 points on basically 32 plays that they got to run when they didn't turn the ball over. Between four lost fumbles and an onside kick they lost 5 possessions, if all they run is 3-4 plays on four of those possessions they probably score at least 14 more points. Everything came together for Vidor that night like it came together for Porter earlier in the year against Crosby. What you'll most notice between PAM and Crosby is that there's a drastic difference in coaching.

Based on the PAM fans postings, yep, a drastic difference in coaching.  I think I've seen where Vidor is ahead in the turnover ratios, and yes, they'll need to be ahead tonight.  As I remember that's what helped Vidor beat Crosby and Magnolia in 2011.  Then we got fumblitis against Angleton.  Just wonder if opposing offenses get out of sync sitting on the sideline while Vidor has a 10 minute drive?  Might account for it, but I'm just wondering.  Anyway, hoping for a good game tonight, and may the winner go all the way.

2 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Based on the PAM fans postings, yep, a drastic difference in coaching.  I think I've seen where Vidor is ahead in the turnover ratios, and yes, they'll need to be ahead tonight.  As I remember that's what helped Vidor beat Crosby and Magnolia in 2011.  Then we got fumblitis against Angleton.  Just wonder if opposing offenses get out of sync sitting on the sideline while Vidor has a 10 minute drive?  Might account for it, but I'm just wondering.  Anyway, hoping for a good game tonight, and may the winner go all the way.

Listen y'all definitely throw off the Vibe. Patience is needed Versus Vidor. But I also wonder how many 6-8 minute drives y'all will actually have I'm not sure that offense is gonna move the ball like they did against some other teams. Should be a good game to watch from a coaching angle for sure. 

The key to beating vidor is bringing your corners up and getting penetration on the outside forcing runners to cut back inside back to the meat of the defense if you let one of those speedy backs get around the edge you are introuble. You have to be alert at all times and mostly key on QB.  Problem is they hit you for 3-4 yards a play and eat up clock like a buffet. You can have all the D1 talent and speed on defense but if they are out there for 10 minute drives you can bet they will get tired. It is a interesting matchup no doubt, luckily I work in Baytown and it is on my way home, guess I will have to make that stop and enjoy me some playoff football, hell to the yeah!

9 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Listen y'all definitely throw off the Vibe. Patience is needed Versus Vidor. But I also wonder how many 6-8 minute drives y'all will actually have I'm not sure that offense is gonna move the ball like they did against some other teams. Should be a good game to watch from a coaching angle for sure. 

I wonder how many long drives Vidor will have to.  The Pirates will need to score on most possessions.  And honestly Vidor has probably punted less than 90% of 5A schools.  Doubt Crosby punts a lot either.  If either team does a lot of punting tonight, they're in a lot of trouble.  I'll put the over and under for punts at 2.  Call 1-800-Caesars Palace to place your bets :) 

Vidor will win this game tonight.

Having seen both teams play, I believe Vidor is the stronger of the two. Netherly is terribly out of position at QB and hinders Crosby's offense. Crosby plays with too much swagger, and it leads to overconfidence and gets them beat from time to time. Tonight will be one of those times. I truly believe the kids at Crosby are comparing the common opponent, Barbers Hill, and it is causing them to overlook Vidor. Look no further than this game being on a Thursday. If you are Vidor, you agree to this immediately because Crosby won't have as long to prepare for your unique offense. If you are Crosby, you agree to this because you want more time to prepare for the second round.

Pirates by 7