Crosby v. Vidor (Stallworth 7pm 11/10)

Cougtalk

On 11/7/2016 at 3:49 PM, Red Dawn said:

Ready for the attack of the killer sqwirl. 

Let me add this:

i am very ready to see Craig "Sqwirl" Williams back on the field. He adds a whole different dimension to our game. 

But I also want to give credit to Carlos Grace. The kid was dynamic during the '14 semi final run his soph year and looked ready to go crazy his jr year until he blew his acl. He worked his but off to get back this year and with Williams' injury had had to shoulder almost the entire running back duties. You could tell he wasn't back to 100% early but he's getting there now and his given 100% tremendous effort every time he's on the field. 

Anyhow, with all the excitement about Sqwirl's return, I wanted to pay some respect to Carlos Grace. 

Now let's get back to some Thunder & Lightning!!!

Go Crosby!!!

Crosby will have to be hyper aware on offense and score on almost every possession, because they will be limited. IF Vidor does not turn the ball over and forces one punt in each half, then this game will go down to the end. Defending this offense is a more about discipline than talent. You have to have everybody doing their job and not chasing ghost or eye candy.   

26 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Let me add this:

i am very ready to see Craig "Sqwirl" Williams back on the field. He adds a whole different dimension to our game. 

But I also want to give credit to Carlos Grace. The kid was dynamic during the '14 semi final run his soph year and looked ready to go crazy his jr year until he blew his acl. He worked his but off to get back this year and with Williams' injury had had to shoulder almost the entire running back duties. You could tell he wasn't back to 100% early but he's getting there now and his given 100% tremendous effort every time he's on the field. 

Anyhow, with all the excitement about Sqwirl's return, I wanted to pay some respect to Carlos Grace. 

Now let's get back to some Thunder & Lightning!!!

Go Crosby!!!

We are at our best when we have multiple backs from prior years history. Looking at the rushing numbers, that has been the only difference between now and prior years. With both of them healthy it should be an exciting post season.

13 hours ago, Seadog said:

Everyone still basing things off of BH @ Vidor .
Vidor has changed things up since that game and looks like a different team.
I have know doubt that Vidor would stomp BH if they met again.

We played Crosby 2 games later and got destroyed. Ya'll didn't make enough adjustments to beat BH 10 out of 10 , much less Crosby.  I do like ya'lls positive outlook though. Crosby still sinks the ship.

15 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Big like Nederland Dline that had the Big Meats a few years back. The Def that upset Pearland Dawson the #1 team in the state of Texas. You gonna need that kinda line. 

Very doubtful they need that big of boys... WOS has small kids and Vidor can not beat them on any day. Coogs got this!

This is starting to remind me of the Titanic.... Vidor boards what they think is an un sinkable ship tonight only to hit a big, fast , athletic , red iceberg in Baytown :)

PS : Vidor be sure to have enough escape boats, so that you can get back home after the ship sinks!!

GO Get'em Crosby!!!

22 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Crosby will have to be hyper aware on offense and score on almost every possession, because they will be limited. IF Vidor does not turn the ball over and forces one punt in each half, then this game will go down to the end. Defending this offense is a more about discipline than talent. You have to have everybody doing their job and not chasing ghost or eye candy.   

Chasing eye candy is exactly what PAM did watching the film from one of Vidor's lineman and rb. Nearly every misdirection play I saw Vidor make a big run the backside guy on the line of scrimmage took false steps to the fake side and was out of position when the play came back to him, same for some of those middle runs. I still think PAM wins if they don't have four lost fumbles and give up an onside kick though. I feel excellent about Crosby being able to defend Vidor's offense, I would even go as far as saying if Vidor gets down a couple of score early it's probably checkmate because at that point I think Crosby would just revert to pounding Grace between the tackles and letting Sqwirl stretch them out.

HUDL videos are so funny. Sorry just noticing this but Vidors videos are great the PNG one which its recap is Vidor 18-0 made my day. I just wanted to see that offense. It's very clear you must stay home versus the offense and you need defensive linemen in the middle to get leverage and clog holes should be a fun side of the ball to watch as Crosby's Defense loves contact and it seems so does Vidors offense. 

Looking at Crosby offense vs. Vidors Defense. The matchup excites me a bit Vidor has shown an inability to cover the deep ball. Especially against teams that run the ball well out of the gun. 

Vs. PNG they beat y'all like 3-4 times deep, also y'all had  a bit of an issue with their athletic quarterback. (LOL Netherley.) 

Vs. Nederland both scoring plays were big passes deep. 

vs. PAM big passes and Athletic Quarterback was how they got back in that game. (granted you won with a big lead in the first, good job!) 

So it seems we have a very interesting Matchup when it comes to strengths vs weaknesses. That puts a lot of pressure on Vidors offense to score early and often. 

Because Netherly is otherworldly athletic and he's finally getting to 100% which means watch out. 

Williams and Grace might have difficulty running the ball as it looks like y'all will play a very aggressive defense. we will still get our yards but the big pass is going to be key. Also i've not seen any film on y'all versus the screen game that should be an interesting area to watch. 

I also think Vidor kids should watch what they say on Twitter the Crosby Boys are a bit fired up for this one and it's not just because it's a playoff game.