Port Arthur Memorial vs Vidor

Seadog

The only shot for Vidor is if the PAM coaching staff forgets #25 in Port Arthur.  If #25 gets on the bus and makes the trip to Vidor, PAM will roll to the W, collect the district championship trophy, and a perfect regular season.  The PAM defense will shut down the Vidor misdirection running game.  Too much speed on the PAM defense to be fooled by the Slot-T.  And, #25... he is dynamite in open space, he knows where the end zone is located, and he can get there in a hurry.

PAM 35

VHS 7

Go Indians.  Peace.

4 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

The only shot for Vidor is if the PAM coaching staff forgets #25 in Port Arthur.  If #25 gets on the bus and makes the trip to Vidor, PAM will roll to the W, collect the district championship trophy, and a perfect regular season.  The PAM defense will shut down the Vidor misdirection running game.  Too much speed on the PAM defense to be fooled by the Slot-T.  And, #25... he is dynamite in open space, he knows where the end zone is located, and he can get there in a hurry.

PAM 35

VHS 7

I could not have stated that any better...

13 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

Vidor has to have ground control the whole game. If Quirante breaks one, it may not go the distance like other games just because of thee speed of PAM on defense. 4 yards and a cloud of dust per carry to keep #25 off the field. He can change things in a hurry...

Agreed, They have to stay on schedule and equal ball distribution among the four options at running back on each play.

59 minutes ago, Pirate fan 85 said:

I'm going to go with the pirates on this one Vidor 42.  Pam 21.   As I said before all teams and coaches in our district play Vidors offense every year this will be a first for Pam..a couple of three and outs for Pam as I predict and it will be Vidors game...all night 

I just can't see Vidor scoring that many on that PAM defense. They are too good and too fast. It will come down to a slow and methodical scoring by Vidor to win. Big runs may happen for Vidor, but with Vincent in the Defensive backfield that is probably unlikely. They will catch you. If PAm runs the same bubble screen, Vidor can key on it and stop it, to a degree. The problem comes with #25. If he gets pass the line watch out. 

Since it's all in fun, I'll say Vidor 36 PAM 35.  And understand, I've seen neither of these teams play.

Based on the above post, #25 will score 3 or 4 times, and I doubt he's the only bullet in the gun.  That accounts for PAM's 35.  Now to Vidor's 36.  Since I did see Vidor play Crosby and Angleton in 2011, it became apparent that teams that aren't familiar with the Slot T have all kinds of problems with it.  Imo, PAM's defensive speed will work against them.  I'm no coach, but it appears the way to defend it is for your defense to stay home.  An aggressive (fast) defense will bite on the first or second fake.  So Vidor scores as time runs out, down 35-34.  Goes for two, and makes it, winning 36-35.  Another storybook ending.  Kevin Costner is so inspired, he makes a movie about it.  The movie makes a ton of money, so they put in artificial turf at the Boneyard. That enables Barbers Hill to come back some day, and everyone lives happily ever after.  The End

1 hour ago, FrodoNDN said:

I just can't see Vidor scoring that many on that PAM defense. They are too good and too fast. It will come down to a slow and methodical scoring by Vidor to win. Big runs may happen for Vidor, but with Vincent in the Defensive backfield that is probably unlikely. They will catch you. If PAm runs the same bubble screen, Vidor can key on it and stop it, to a degree. The problem comes with #25. If he gets pass the line watch out. 

Vidors slow scoring has produced 21 plus points by halftime on all teams except Barbers Hill.. 

1 hour ago, Pirate fan 85 said:

Vidors slow scoring has produced 21 plus points by halftime on all teams except Barbers Hill.. 

You missed my point. I am not saying that Vidor is slow scoring. What I am saying is that Vidor may not have the break away score like they have had with many teams. PAM defense is too good and too fast. They need to score slowly and eat up the clock to keep PAM off the field.