West Orange-Stark 32 Liberty 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

18 minutes ago, robanadana said:

There wasn't. liltex sat with me tonight and said the Wing T is their normal offense. I thought they ran it well. They just needed to score when they got past the 30 and get a couple of stops against WOS offense. Neither happened...WOS offense was just too powerful. Liberty is a good team but WOS is the top tier. C'mon man, they're the defending state champs.

I know how good WOS is.  Just saw the statement that the radio guys said it was a totally different offense.  We ran into BC running there's last week. Several times I didn't know who had the ball.  Surprised it worked that well against WOS defense at east for a half.

Liberty coached a GENIUS game plan! They did everything possible to utilize their forte which was size! The offense they ran tonight was not their normal offense to begin the game! They ran their Wing T as usual later in the contest but I would say that 80 percent of the game was an offense called the Double Wing which is comparable to the SlotT on steroids! I have seen this offense in lil league programs for years but never in high school! It was efficient, it ran tons of time off the clock and they would wait till the play clock reached 3 seconds every time before they ran a play! So it was ball control and good old fashioned ground and pound! It was not much fun to watch but it gave WOS a chance to prepare for whatever someone may throw at them! I promise you that others will try this on the Stangs but the result will be the same! The Double Wing is very hard to defend and to be honest if they continue to run it they will go deep in the playoffs! The craziest thing about that game is that they only scored 7! If this was any other defense having to face what we saw tonight they would have scored 40 easily! Great job by both teams and no injuries! It was FNF at its best

7 hours ago, Hupernikomen said:

What a bunch of baloney to think Liberty played not to get blowed out.  Those kids played their hearts out to win this game.  The played the same running offense they have played all year with a wrinkle or two.  Just like most teams do from week to week to give the opponents a new look.  They played the only offense that gave the even a remote chance to win the game..ground and pound.  Use your strengths (size) and keep the ball out of the explosive hands of WO-S.  Was a great game plan by the coaches and they deserve credit not criticism for playing not too lose too bad.  

As far as the RB he was ganged talked by all 11 players.  He head the ground pretty hard as he went under the horde.  Was a good play by WO-S, but honestly the other back was having a better night anyways.

I agree with most of this, but several Liberty posters and the Liberty radio broadcasters said this was an offense they had never seen them run. If you watch their Hudl, it's not there. Definitely not just a small wrinkle. 

Props to Liberty on a hard fought game. I think fans from the two sides have very different perspectives on that first half. Liberty sees being down only 6 at the half. WOS sees only having the ball for 3 minutes in the first half but scoring twice.

I hope the Brown kid is ok. I was a little miffed to hear Liberty's broadcast team say there was "probably some dirty play under that pile." Just really dumb. The KOGT feed kept cutting out, so I flipped over. I think we take what Gary Stelly gives us for granted.

8 hours ago, CMurder75 said:

20 mins of letting the other team having the ball in one half isnt good defense? I'm not saying WOS didn't beat them soundly but give the kids from liberty a little credit. holding onto the ball for such a long time is hard enough, let alone punching one in on WOS. 

I guess it's a defensive strategy, ut I'm referring to when WO-S had the ball and Liberty's actual defense was on the field. 

7 hours ago, Hupernikomen said:

Why do you comment on things you have no knowledge of?  Liberty did not sacrifice one game for the next.  HJ caught Liberty playing out of their normal routine, which is what they did tonight..pound the ball down the field.  Instead, Liberty tried to air it out and paid for it.  This was a return to what they do best.  And it was a decent showing against a superior team.  How about just giving a little props and stop trying to over-analyze things?

This offense is different from your standard wing T. All 11 guys in a match box and get the big guys push the running back downfield. It was a boring game to watch. I will say it was the only chance they had and it didn't work either. 

Heard from a Liberty fan that the game plan was to keep the WOS offense off the field as much as they could, they (Liberty) just did not score. Most of the fans in the stand were not disappointed with the loss to WOS. They just did not want to blowout and try to keep the game close. Good game plan by Liberty. I have noticed teams seem to change up there offense when playing WOS. They will try things they may normally do not run knowing there original game plan will not work. Good coaching but I agree with what others have said, stick with what you do best. Play the system you have ran all season long. Win or not you bring what you do best and see what happens. Good luck to the Stangs and Liberty the rest of the way.

8 hours ago, robanadana said:

Word I got from a reliable source sitting next to me in the stands who is the biggest Dayton fan in the Liberty county is that the Panthers had the week off due to the fair and only practiced once prior to the HJ game.

I wish I knew how you guys look. I always wonder if I'm looking at guys on setx...smh

Liberty did try several things to surprise the Mustang defense by, changing their offensive plays per the KOGT broadcasters. I would give the Coaches and players at WO-S the most props for adjusting, and stopping all of Liberty’s efforts in the second half. Here is my piss poor analogy, Liberty’s defense was too beefy and got worn down as the football game went on.  Sometimes being too big on defense is a weakness. Liberty’s defense was the weak link last night IMO.

1 hour ago, td said:

This offense is different from your standard wing T. All 11 guys in a match box and get the big guys push the running back downfield. It was a boring game to watch. I will say it was the only chance they had and it didn't work either. 

This

That big line just pushed our smaller line backwards negating our speed on defense no  big deal.Anyone with a big line could do the same.Our first meeting with Giddings they did the same thing but they were able to score some points.Our offense was not as good as this one we have now but good enough to out score these types of teams.Bottom line is these types of teams are going to move the ball on the Stangs but they will be unable to score enough points.We will probably see this again next week against OF.

Some act like they are mad WOS only scored 32. I find that comical, but I also see similarities to Gilmer in 2014. We had the second highest point total in a season that year, and everyone complained when we didn't win by 50+. It almost caught up with us in the last game against y'all. Sometimes it's good to get hit in the mouth just a little. Makes you better in the long run. 

See this is y I hate this 4 teams get in crap  and 2 division because if it was still 2 teams out of each district goes then liberty would have had to do something totally different than just sit on the ball  for 4 quarters and try to open it up and really would have gotten their heads bashed in but they knew they didn't have to because they going to the playoffs regardless of  what happen last night but if we see them again they will half to play to win then and trying to run the clock won't work 

12 hours ago, robanadana said:

There wasn't. liltex sat with me tonight and said the Wing T is their normal offense. I thought they ran it well. They just needed to score when they got past the 30 and get a couple of stops against WOS offense. Neither happened...WOS offense was just too powerful. Liberty is a good team but WOS is the top tier. C'mon man, they're the defending state champs.

Didn't realize y'all were there. I would come and said hello. Y'all sit on our side?

3 hours ago, losteraussie said:

Some act like they are mad WOS only scored 32. I find that comical, but I also see similarities to Gilmer in 2014. We had the second highest point total in a season that year, and everyone complained when we didn't win by 50+. It almost caught up with us in the last game against y'all. Sometimes it's good to get hit in the mouth just a little. Makes you better in the long run. 

Very, very good point Aussie! After the ranting I did about the "Not to lose too bad" offense, Liberty is a great team. I'll also say if they had a passing game, they would be deadly with their size. When I saw their line and backs size, it was like seeing a 90's LaMarque or a Richmond Foster team. Bottom line is they played to our only weakness, size. Of course you can't keep an offense like WOS off the field for all 48 minutes. We literally take seconds to score and Liberty found that out first hand. Some of Jacks throws were amazing. And whomever said our kicker isn't that good or whatnot is wrong. They were getting reps in with a different holder. Timing was off, easy fix. That's why Coach T didn't go for 2, he was trying to get the snapper, holder and kicker in sync.  And yes, I might be a little defensive when someone blames everything on the kicker in a miss. Lol! It's a 3 person job. Most don't realize it. CD does need to speed it up though. Starting approach on snap and trusting your holder to have the ball there.