West Orange-Stark 32 Liberty 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

10 minutes ago, skipper said:

about every game this year the kids at wo-s run into BIG OLs

The only thing Liberty had success with was running straight up the gut by bunching as many of their 11 players together as possible, especially in the first half. It was like watching rugby. But they could do nothing on the edges and could not pass when attempted. It was a smart game plan by the Liberty coaches to try this "power wedge" along with chewing every second on the game clock, but this was as one-dimentional as it gets and you gotta try more than that for four quarters against WO-S. Also, just because a team has a big OL doesn't mean it's a good OL. The better ground and pound teams have linemen that have decent lateral footwork and backs who can do more than run up the middle. For all of that Liberty O-Line beef, it was still limited in it's success and not a recipe for defeating WO-S. Nice effort, though.  

I think Liberty absolutely played to win.  Perhaps he should of jumped into the spread in the 4th quarter and see what happened.   They have moved the ball well out of the spread, but it was mostly by running.  Sorry, but trying to run draws out of the spread against WO-S is stupidity.  Smart coach, good game plan.  Outmatched, but the Panthers played well on both sides of the ball.   WO-S speed was very impressive, and I am so glad I finally got to see Jack Dallas in person.     He made some beautifult passes, and his athleticism is top notch. 

The pass to Shaw was about as pretty as you will see at the high school level.  

Also, I think that freshman scatback from Liberty was impressive.  Good little motor.  

Question:.  Why doesn't WO-S just go for 2 everytime?    Shutting people out it doesn't but the likelihood of a shooting in the semis or finals is very possible.  Those points matter.  

21 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

I think Liberty absolutely played to win.  Perhaps he should of jumped into the spread in the 4th quarter and see what happened.   They have moved the ball well out of the spread, but it was mostly by running.  Sorry, but trying to run draws out of the spread against WO-S is stupidity.  Smart coach, good game plan.  Outmatched, but the Panthers played well on both sides of the ball.   WO-S speed was very impressive, and I am so glad I finally got to see Jack Dallas in person.     He made some beautifult passes, and his athleticism is top notch. 

The pass to Shaw was about as pretty as you will see at the high school level.  

Also, I think that freshman scatback from Liberty was impressive.  Good little motor.  

Question:.  Why doesn't WO-S just go for 2 everytime?    Shutting people out it doesn't but the likelihood of a shooting in the semis or finals is very possible.  Those points matter.  

We have a very good kicker. Some of his mechanics were a little off last night which is easily fixed. The issue was timing. Like I said earlier, it takes 3 people to kick a field goal. Of one of the three are out of sync, it won't work. I applaud coach T for sticking with kicking to get the timing down. When your normal holder scores a butt load of touchdowns, it's only normal to give the kid a rest after said touchdown. The kicking game will be fine.