Teams I would like to see play each other

WOS36

35 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

And the Trojans are 2-2 in their district, great job I see.

And 3 State Championships since 2000 with wins over SLC among others.  But again,  pick your best 22 and subs and I got this years 2-2 in district team -35

On 10/14/2016 at 11:55 AM, Mustangs93 said:

That's hard to say...different era's...This years team is faster but much smaller than the 86 and 87 team

Everything about football now is better than it was in '86-'87; players, coaches, equipment, uniforms, everything...and I say that coming from that late 80's and early 90's era.

On 10/15/2016 at 9:58 AM, Cheermom4 said:

We're talking 30 years difference. Not sure why but some kids are smaller now than they used to be. Maybe they were corn feed back in the day. LOL  But I feel some kids today have some much speed. 

That would be comparing apples vs oranges.  The game has changed so much.  I would say that many Mustang faithful consider the '85 team one of the best ever.  I was watching a show on Fox Sports SW several years ago and they were talking about how no team gave the '85 Yates team a game....and they were in the discussion for the "best Texas team of all time".  The Stangs gave them all they wanted and dropped down the next year.

However,  I digress.....the game is much more open now versus the run first mentality (for most teams). No matter it would be hard to say that Smith, Tezeno, Lewis etc teams would lose to a school of 500+ students. They had PLENTY of speed and size.  If you are talking "pound for pound" i.e.  Sugar Ray Leonard in his class vs Ali in his class.  Then yeah....that is a great discussion.