Katy vs Manvel 

Austin Westlake vs Southlake Carroll

Lave Travis vs Southlake Carroll 

The list is neverending lol

Guest Aledoalumni
3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby vs #1 Cedar Park

Third round game this year 

I dont know if I'm just looking for some chink in the Cedar Park armor but I am not blown away with their offense. They dont seem as explosive as in the past. Could be wrong. We all know they have a top 10 defense in the state regardless of classification. But I think if you have a decent defense and really good offense I think they could lose. 

31 minutes ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

I dont know if I'm just looking for some chink in the Cedar Park armor but I am not blown away with their offense. They dont seem as explosive as in the past. Could be wrong. We all know they have a top 10 defense in the state regardless of classification. But I think if you have a decent defense and really good offense I think they could lose. 

Man I promise, I stopped by and talked to CCRed today at work and told him the exact same thing.

If it was ever a year they were beatable this might be it. The offense isn't overly dominant and while I agree they have a top ten defense, when you look at their personnel on the d-line and in the secondary it's not as impressive as years past. I think the Guidry boys leaving may be a bigger loss than it looked like on paper. 

Of course we still have to get there but I would like our chances a lot. 

PNG should play Plano and Permian every year.  Those games were unreal in the 70's and the Plano game held the state attendance record for close to 30 years.

PNG is also the only SE Tx team to notch a win on the scoreboard against Permian back in '75. French tied them. TJ came close.

14 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Is this year's WOS better than the 86 or 87 team?

I know Dan Ray himself has said he believes this may be their best team.  As others have stated, the mid to late 80s teams were bigger (both in size and numbers).  I will say two things about this team: although Cornel has coached some outstanding Chain Gangs over the years (including a couple of All Pros), I don't think I've seen a more tenacious D from the Mustangs.  This group takes it personal when you get a first down.  And secondly, the Mustangs have had some excellent QBs over the years (Roderick Robertson and Tremaine Lewis among others come to mind), Dallas is maybe the best I have seen and almost from a pure heart and leadership standpoint.  Kid is just a gamer and a winner.  

So although I don't think this is the most talented team WOS has fielded by any stretch, I personally would put them at or near the top.  And along those lines, in SETX this year, the two best teams in my opinion are Memorial and WOS.  Memorial is without question the most talented team I have seen and that is by a good margin (if you grade talent as how many D1 type players are on the field).  And if I were handicapping that game, WOS would be favored well into double digits.  Read into that what you will.