Port Neches-Groves v PA Memorial

RoschonsBigBro

5 minutes ago, NDNmom91 said:

I am most likely one of the "Moms" being referred to and the intended purpose of the article from what I understand is simply to hear stories from PNG and Memorial fans who are friends, co-workers, relatives...etc about their feelings on the game and how they've been interacting with each other this week, like if there's been any "smack talk", pranks, friendly wagers...etc!    That's IT...actually the reporter didn't bring up anything about the "past" , but it did come up in conversation so I am confident there will be some mention of the past history between PNG, TJ, and Lincoln...nothing wrong with that!  But, I feel, along with many others that the main focus should be on the HERE and NOW,  the PNG/PAM Showdown...INDIAN vs TITANS Ep 1, and not be overshadowed by all us "old schoolers" relishing the past!  I work with a lot of people from PA, a couple of them have sons that play on the team, and they are all really excited to have the MC schools vs PA "rivalry" back and we've enjoyed bantering back and forth this week!  One of the PA "Moms" said the kids are loving all the attention and publicity this game has brought to their school and community cause they've all grown up around MCM/ PNG vs Ned/Bum Phillips Bowl and all the local and statewide attention it gets, and now they get their chance to be a part of SETX HS football history and create their OWN story they will tell their kids, grandkids, great-grandkids!  I just hope it goes something like this after Fri night...."I was in HS the first time PNG played PAM and boy was it EXCITING, our Titans fought hard, but those Indians gave us a scalpin'!" Haha!  

I will leave you with this...my husband and I travel quite often, and have been all over  the U.S...football usually always comes up in convo at some point cause we LOVE IT, and anytime we are asked where we're from, I usually say Port Neches TX...and I almost always get the "I got no idea where that is" look, but he quickly follows with, Pt Arthur TX (TJ '92 grad) and the reaction is pretty much always...depending on their age of course...oh yeah, that's where Jamaal Charles/Jimmy Johnson/Babineaux bros/Kevin Everett/Danny Gorer...etc is from!! MCM may hold the title of biggest HS football rivalry in TX, but that just doesn't hold a candle to the 8 golden footballs recently given to PAISD for each alumni that has played/coached in the Super Bowl....most in the NATION!  Now, THAT'S what I call HISTORY and TRADITION!  Heck, most outsiders think Wade Phillips is from PA too...lol!  All that, to say...you are the MIGHTY PAM TITANS and we are INDIAN NATION...the first chapter of the story will be written Friday Night!!  

From one mom to another, GREAT POST!

again, who PAM has played that was a "good" game??? a team from florida the size and talent of Ozen, that didn't want to come to texas due to lack of talent??? wait westwise...a big ol 6a that gets slapped by everyone and xbox didn't have a clue and would have lost,but turned the lights out. Ol Toby and the Jags that is cut from the same cloth as xbox??? wait wait...the dumpster fire that's Ozen....no?? okay a broken sad Nederland team. there we have it...huh??? not yet...okay...ahhhh that big L-Train that held you to 27 points...that has to be it...gots to be...again...THEY PLAYED NOBODY MAN!!!!

7 hours ago, class-99 Indians said:

From what i heard today that Pam didn't sent us alot of tickets to fill our side up which we would with ease,don't know how true it is but the word is they don't want us to pack our side if true they must be worried that it might be too loud and pressure will be too high for the big ole Kh to take,idk but if it's true thats chicken s

I am sure they didn't have many tickets to send bcs of all the tickets purchased with season tickets.  I know I have had mine since this summer. 

There is a rumor going around Coach K was inspired by the recent Bo Jackson commercials to run a new play. Hines takes the handoff at the 50, proceeds to run back the wrong way zigging and zagging. Once he reaches the goal line he reverses field and goes Tecmo Bowl on the PN-G defense scoring a TD in what is recorded as the first 150 yard TD run. This is his vision at least. I am not sure if it will play out like that on Friday night although the Beaumont flag team did almost pull it off against PN-G Gray if not for the ref calling it a safety. Anyways, none of this is true except for the flag portion. 

If Memorial wins big - They were supposed to, they have all the talent and a big school.

If Memorial wins by 10 - They're not as good as everyone says they are, I thought they were supposed to blow out the Indians by 30.

If Memorial wins by 1 to 3 pts - We should have won the game.  The score doesn't matter, Its a moral victory.  Winning isn't everything.

If PNG wins - We always knew PNG was a better team, PAM was overrated.  Talent isn't everything.  Our coach is better.  The intimidation tactics didn't work. We played with more class and discipline.  You need to teach the PA kids respect for the game and sportsmanship, not shaking hands got the Indians fired up.

Yea, that about covers the comments on threads and posts after Friday's games from the Injun fans.

2 minutes ago, PA4Real said:

If Memorial wins big - They were supposed to, they have all the talent and a big school.

If Memorial wins by 10 - They're not as good as everyone says they are, I thought they were supposed to blow out the Indians by 30.

If Memorial wins by 1 to 3 pts - We should have won the game.  The score doesn't matter, Its a moral victory.  Winning isn't everything.

If PNG wins - We always knew PNG was a better team, PAM was overrated.  Talent isn't everything.  Our coach is better.  The intimidation tactics didn't work. We played with more class and discipline.  You need to teach the PA kids respect for the game and sportsmanship, not shaking hands got the Indians fired up.

Yea, that about covers the comments on threads and posts after Friday's games from the Injun fans.

LOL

2 minutes ago, PA4Real said:

Nope. Most of us will get on here and congratulate the Titans and probably oooh and ahhhhh over what a great team they are. Then we talk smack to 21 5A over the butt whippin they have coming.:)

3 minutes ago, Cheermom4 said:

I for one won't make any excuses if the INDIANS lose but I also won't be on her bragging about it either.  Because whomever wins will be the better team Friday night. 

Hope for a injury free awesome game Friday night 7PM at Memorial Stadium.  Can't wait until game time. 

I'm looking forward to a good game win,lose,or draw.  Hasn't been this much hype about a game in a LONG TIME.