Port Neches-Groves v PA Memorial

RoschonsBigBro

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:09 PM, jake94 said:

I still predict that Vincent shadows McZeal.

doesn't matter who he covers, its all about out Offensive line Giving RJ time to find them, he will put it where he needs to. If he doesn't get enough time I look for screen passes out of the backfield or just running straight at them. Im ready for this work day to be over, leaving work early to make sure im there on time!

12 hours ago, YellowJacket Indian said:

I think it's awesome that PAM is in our district now. If we can just get LCM back in place of Livingston and WOS instead of Baytown we would all benefit. PAM benefits the most because WB was the only local team. Less travel for the students and parents/fans. And if you're afraid of having to face tough teams in your district, then you shouldn't be in the playoffs because it only gets tougher. I graduated from TJ and my kids are in PNG so it's exciting for us. The only thing I wish I would see more of are fans from other schools follow and support their kids and local schools more. When PNG went to Baytown we showed up with 3000-5000 fans with an hour drive. They had maybe 300-500 fans and they live there. I thought that was pathetic. I'm always proud to be part of a packed visitors side because it makes it like a home game for the students. And a little secret for all the local schools, your fans are the 12th man in the team. Imagine what it must feel like for our kids to look up and see their side packed and cheering them on. I think that makes them play just a little bit harder. Beaumont schools should take 

1 hour ago, Tj yellow jacket said:

Watch out PAM don't you play Vidor next week? You will find out PNG and Vidor isn't like Nederland and lumberton. You will see plays you have never seen before! Get your popcorn ready it's going to be a exciting night tonight!

Livingston next week, Lee, then Vidor. I'm still with png, but PAM have seen all of that already. Trust me.

This will be my first game in the Golden Triangle. When I coached at Westbury in Houston most of our games had not so great crowds. Back in my hometown of Brenham, we could pack em in pretty good, but from what I hear tonight should be nuts. I'm having a hard time picking Memorial to win seeing how they went life or death with Houston Westside. Westside beat us last year over at Westbury, but we weren't very good, and well, they weren't either (I think they lost 84-0 to Katy in round one of the playoffs). Brenham manhandled Westside in Week 1 this year, and Brenham isn't all that great this year either. I tend to think that PNG will manage the game better and keep the ball away from that standout corner PAM has and will win by 14.

Remember it is more important to be focused on playing the game to win, not all of the hype as to "how your team will

dominate" the game.  If you dream about the effort you are going to have, and not concentrate on the effort you have to put

into the game, the crowds will not matter.  I am hoping for effort/concentration & an exceptional football game.

10 minutes ago, pakronos said:

finally!!!! Thank you Coach Frey!!! i'm a lunatic when I preach this and a hater smh...PAM has not faced adversity this year. personally, I think they gonna get stage fright with the huge crowd. meaning they will force things and try to do too much.

It's not that Memorial doesn't have the talent to win, I think they do, but I think Faircloth will be smart enough to scheme away from Vincent and will pick on the rest of the secondary. If I were coaching PNG, I would also try to establish the run early and eat the clock. The best way to beat a team with a lot of explosive players is to keep the offense off the field. I've seen PNG over the years (Brenham beat them in the playoffs on the way to state one year) and they are always very fundamentally sound.

2 minutes ago, Coach Frey said:

It's not that Memorial doesn't have the talent to win, I think they do, but I think Faircloth will be smart enough to scheme away from Vincent and will pick on the rest of the secondary. If I were coaching PNG, I would also try to establish the run early and eat the clock. The best way to beat a team with a lot of explosive players is to keep the offense off the field. I've seen PNG over the years (Brenham beat them in the playoffs on the way to state one year) and they are always very fundamentally sound.

From what I hear Vincent will have his opportunities. Now attacking him may not be the game plan, but avoiding him definitely is not either. The receivers will have to make the most of the opportunities  and of course as you said, they have to establish the run.

25 minutes ago, pakronos said:

finally!!!! Thank you Coach Frey!!! i'm a lunatic when I preach this and a hater smh...PAM has not faced adversity this year. personally, I think they gonna get stage fright with the huge crowd. meaning they will force things and try to do too much.

Wasn't there a large crowd with Nederland?