Port Neches-Groves v PA Memorial

RoschonsBigBro

37 minutes ago, Bigcam2903 said:

I've said it once & I'll say it again. No Team in 22-5A should be within 30 pts of Memorial. That being said; that should be expected. Just as Memorial wouldn't be within 30 pts of the Teams in the District with WB. It is what it is. There is one clear cut favorite in 22-5A, that doesn't mean you don't compete & try to win the game. If you get Blasted, it's not the end of the world, you still have other important games to focus on. A lopsided loss shouldn't define your Season, but it can send you into a tailspin if your Team's mental psyche isn't kept in perspective. I Love the freshness PA has brought to the District. Taking nothing away from the Nederland Dominance, besides that our District hasn't had much Buzz. This environment Friday should be 2nd to MCM matchup. Good Luck to both.

I dunno BigC.  TW and Lufkin yes, But WB, Montgomery and the other Conroe schools, PAM would be right there with them.  126A is very top heavy.....

gonna go off topic for a min. all these "new" PA fans crawling out the wood work is hilarious...let me be clear...I don't like MC county schools. I been on these boards for YEARS 15 of them. this board have changed names atleast 3 times. my screen name has changed many times with patitan being the most infamous one. I HAVE BEEN HERE WIN OR LOSE. that's the difference between PA and MC. Being real now so stop reading....those "folks" as we put it, SUPPORT  those boys win or lose. I bet my life if PAM was 1-4,  that stadium would look like a pop warner team was playing Friday. xbox and bambi boy blows it, how many will be back next week on here??? but to really prove my point...lets wait to next year...I know other teams will lose players to, but when there is no wr's, DEFENSE...will you still show all this new found pride??? you don't have the fortitude to come back here and admit what you say about Kenny or bambi in the stands, but I do. I call it like I see it. they mess up I will say it. the do good, I applaud. I want the boys to succeed. unfortunately when the mentor picks a fight with a fan, the good have to suffer for the bad. so scalp'em....who knows...maybe Kenny will turn off the lights again...

PAM is smoke and mirrors....who have we played???? here is something interesting....the one team that was about to take it to PAM, Kenny turned the lights off, pretty much like playing xbox and hitting the reset button....no pun intended. PAM was up 34-27 with Westside on our 30 or close to it. it was 3min roughly left in the game. the qb was doing draws up the gut with ease...NO ADJUSTMENTS, well turning those switches off....I want people to look at the body of work of westside and the district they play in. they might be the second best team in the district, haven't looked yet. other teams with PAMS caliber was laying this team out!! png isn't as "fast" overall as westside, but more disciplined. another thing, these slow second qtrs. and mediocre second halves not gonna cut it this week. you have an offense that's gonna score. so coach cline gonna need that note book back.

13 minutes ago, pakronos said:

gonna go off topic for a min. all these "new" PA fans crawling out the wood work is hilarious...let me be clear...I don't like MC county schools. I been on these boards for YEARS 15 of them. this board have changed names atleast 3 times. my screen name has changed many times with patitan being the most infamous one. I HAVE BEEN HERE WIN OR LOSE. that's the difference between PA and MC. Being real now so stop reading....those "folks" as we put it, SUPPORT  those boys win or lose. I bet my life if PAM was 1-4,  that stadium would look like a pop warner team was playing Friday. xbox and bambi boy blows it, how many will be back next week on here??? but to really prove my point...lets wait to next year...I know other teams will lose players to, but when there is no wr's, DEFENSE...will you still show all this new found pride??? you don't have the fortitude to come back here and admit what you say about Kenny or bambi in the stands, but I do. I call it like I see it. they mess up I will say it. the do good, I applaud. I want the boys to succeed. unfortunately when the mentor picks a fight with a fan, the good have to suffer for the bad. so scalp'em....who knows...maybe Kenny will turn off the lights again...

Wrong. This site has always been SETXsports.com. Started in Dec. '05, this is our 11th year.

If you are thinking about FNE or the other sites, we had no affiliation.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Wrong. This site has always been SETXsports.com. Started in Dec. '05, this is our 11th year.

If you are thinking about FNE or the other sites, we had no affiliation.

he meant he changed his user name 3 times his time here. Indicating how long he has been on here

6 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Your logic is some stupid. Most of what you say revolves around games you saw years ago. Dude 4-5 years ago in 2011-2012 the New York Giants were football champions. So were San Francisco Giants.  Kobe Bryant was still good and Kevin Durant actually took a team to the finals. That's essentially saying oh yeah years ago yalls defense sucked so it must suck now. One year can make all the difference in sports. Those same kids arent even on the team. I can take a legitimate argument but this has no basis, validity and was a waste of everyone's time including my own who read it.

When the same coach runs the same system and uses the same in-game theories you get very similar results with the only usual delta from season to season being talent. That's why Kevin Flannigan can take 5A Crosby to the playoffs seven years in a row and still get basically fired after a first round loss to Vidor, even though two years prior he was undefeated district champ and lost by 7 in the third round. He goes to 6A WB and has them undefeated before he gets beat 72-7 which along with stuff like that first round loss explains why he was let go st Crosby. Same coach, basically the same system and same result relative to his team's talent level in the district.

Look at Fairclothe's record at PNG, which I'm sure you don't know, and you'll see exactly what I mean. I probably think he's a better coach than some PNG fans even do but if you look at his squads yearly they're pass happy with defenses that are proven soft against good teams. I saw PNG play twice last year and give up a combined 90 points after they had a supposedly decent defense.

As far as who's on the team and different players you sound like a BH fan. How many letterman did PNG bring back? Half those same kids are on the team. It's stupid logic to compare pro teams with yearly draft picks and free agents to ones with set enrollment caps and very little variation in talent level too. Unless you have a rapidly climbing enrollment, which PNG doesn't, you look the same with the exception of a kid here or there. You probably haven't been watching high school football much before your brother got here so you don't realize you've played an extremely weak schedule which is why Nederland is in the hunt after losing to 2-5 Dayton. 

Dude , you talking about all these "new" P.A fans on this board , we'll I just joined so I took that as a slug , homie I graduated from Memorial , started at Lincoln in the 9th grade , been in P A made a decent life and been here all my life bro lol , so you talking about people showing support , it don't necessarily have to be on "This" board to show love , you , and yeah my nephew on the squad , my baby cousin on the JV team and my son on the freshman team , so at times I am biased , what point you trying to make by stating you been on here ? Or stating if they were 1-4 yada yada , well they aint 1-4 ,You more loyal than the rest , you trippin bro , you then flippeda the script  , because you messed up about some bullcrap that aint got nothing to do with anybody else , especially these kids , check this out , we need volunteers to help out with the little titans pop Warner team , helping kids with discipline , integrity , competitiveness , helping them "grow" instead of "criticizing" and name calling , that's a start , that's what "those" people do✔

8 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

When the same coach runs the same system and uses the same in-game theories you get very similar results with the only usual delta from season to season being talent. That's why Kevin Flannigan can take 5A Crosby to the playoffs seven years in a row and still get basically fired after a first round loss to Vidor, even though two years prior he was undefeated district champ and lost by 7 in the third round. He goes to 6A WB and has them undefeated before he gets beat 72-7 which along with stuff like that first round loss explains why he was let go st Crosby. Same coach, basically the same system and same result relative to his team's talent level in the district.

Look at Fairclothe's record at PNG, which I'm sure you don't know, and you'll see exactly what I mean. I probably think he's a better coach than some PNG fans even do but if you look at his squads yearly they're pass happy with defenses that are proven soft against good teams. I saw PNG play twice last year and give up a combined 90 points after they had a supposedly decent defense.

As far as who's on the team and different players you sound like a BH fan. How many letterman did PNG bring back? Half those same kids are on the team. It's stupid logic to compare pro teams with yearly draft picks and free agents to ones with set enrollment caps and very little variation in talent level too. Unless you have a rapidly climbing enrollment, which PNG doesn't, you look the same with the exception of a kid here or there. You probably haven't been watching high school football much before your brother got here so you don't realize you've played an extremely weak schedule which is why Nederland is in the hunt after losing to 2-5 Dayton. 

PNG isn't pass happy this season. Heading into the Vidor game they averaged 230 rushing yards compared to 202 passing yards per game. Against Vidor they did take advantage of the matchup to throw for 241, while running for 190. (Stats according to PA News). I didn't know the exact stats until looking up, I just knew from watching them a few times that they look different. Unlike the past seasons under BF the offense can chew up clock with the run and let the defense rest up. 

I don't live in PA...what I said was truth...bro. not saying that makes u less of a person...I seen this many times...PAM fans are fair weather plain and simple. when you win everybody is a titan....when they lose, kenny ray head on a stick time.i want his head on a stick for other reasons. all that stuff you listed, it's call being a parent. I got 3. don't recall homecoming being nearly sold out last year...hmmm...how about we look at that attendance last year...don't care who u play, support should be the same win or lose, right???

4 minutes ago, ShlyKBMT said:

PNG isn't pass happy this season. Heading into the Vidor game they averaged 230 rushing yards compared to 202 passing yards per game. Against Vidor they did take advantage of the matchup to throw for 241, while running for 190. (Stats according to PA News). I didn't know the exact stats until looking up, I just knew from watching them a few times that they look different. Unlike the past seasons under BF the offense can chew up clock with the run and let the defense rest up. 

This is correct. I didn't bother to reply because the guy obviously hasn't seen them this year. Regardless of what they did in the past, PN-G has the tools to run and they make sure to do so early and often. They have done both equally well up to this point.

Being a parent ? My youngest don't play pop warner he's in middle school , I've volunteered my services the last 6 years , making a impact in "my" city and those kids , I know 85% of the kids on that squad since they were youngins , it's different if you in the field working than on the side barking out orders to others , feel me ? You talking about the attendance , So what ? I've missed a few games because of work last year , and it's plenty of people who WON'T be there because of that very responsibility , I don't know what you tryna prove but anybody "from" P.A ain't falling for it

9 minutes ago, Finesser said:

Being a parent ? My youngest don't play pop warner he's in middle school , I've volunteered my services the last 6 years , making a impact in "my" city and those kids , I know 85% of the kids on that squad since they were youngins , it's different if you in the field working than on the side barking out orders to others , feel me ? You talking about the attendance , So what ? I've missed a few games because of work last year , and it's plenty of people who WON'T be there because of that very responsibility , I don't know what you tryna prove but anybody "from" P.A ain't falling for it

Bro, don't get this CLOWN goin.  Since he feels it necessary to use ELEMENTARY tactics referring to kids.  Who would talk up for a team all this time, then the moment something happens that he doesn't like, casts a negative shadow over the whole program, team/kids included. Again I say that's beyond WEAK for a supposed GROWN MAN.  It is what it is bro.  If its cool with him, I hope he stays on that side and doesn't dirty the PA stands with his presence.  A disgrace.    

I will be at the 30 yard line like always Frank Neal on memorial side and listen to everybody piss and moan when PNG eating Bambi alive and your girlfriend or man crush xbox run out of plays in the 1st qtr...I ain't hard to find....anyway, everyone but you new people already know what i'm talking about. when they lose you will be gone like all the rest and I will still be here lol.

I wouldn't call dude a clown , but it gets me when others make those claims , I've shuttled Grandmas , Aunts , Uncles to games because of no transportation , half of those kids have no father figure at home , so Men that are there daily (coaches) provide something of a relief , ijs , sometimes its bigger thsn X's & O's ,I'm pulling for PAM but if PNG won , than congrats , and I'll eat my crow lol (with ketchup), but yeah , this game is the one I was most worried about , because Faircloth  can coach his arse off ,  I'm ready , I'll be there in my gear

not even talking about working people...use common sense...MC already laughing at yall as it is smh...no doubt this game is going to be the biggest home game in the history of the school...all i'm saying the fans are sore losers at time. back to back 3-7 only people was at the game was football players parents, band parents, flame and cheerleader parents. why we cant support them when we down??? all i'm saying "bro"...but time will tell.

35 minutes ago, ShlyKBMT said:

I think they're doing right now because they're blowing teams out and are able to run the ball a lot in the second half of games. You have to credit PNG for being able to run the ball on the teams they've played though, the numbers also look a little more skewed rushing wise because Johnson can pull it down and run on passing attempts. Against some of those weaker teams you can run the ball with scheme but it's going to take physicality and talent to run it against the better fronts like PAM. 

12 minutes ago, Finesser said:

I wouldn't call dude a clown , but it gets me when others make those claims , I've shuttled Grandmas , Aunts , Uncles to games because of no transportation , half of those kids have no father figure at home , so Men that are there daily (coaches) provide something of a relief , ijs , sometimes its bigger thsn X's & O's ,I'm pulling for PAM but if PNG won , than congrats , and I'll eat my crow lol (with ketchup), but yeah , this game is the one I was most worried about , because Faircloth  can coach his arse off ,  I'm ready , I'll be there in my gear

We're friends now.:)

it's a black out I hear for Friday...i'll wear white....Kenny will help with the black out when he turn off the lights lol...wait let me stop, people got feelings smh lol...PNG fans how yall looking as far as health wise?? meaning I guess yall been healthy all year...so have PAM. a factor that hasn't been talked about is the kicking game. this game will be close. beyond the 20, PAM kicker is not good...improving week by week though I give him that. I wish they ride the QB as hard as they ride the kicker. he is young and doing his best. I was  real hard on the kicker the first two games, but I hear he's a sophomore. his leg is stronger compared the first two games. fg unit is suspect for PAM. bad snaps at times or it's a jailbreak. getting better, but it happens atleast once a game.