Port Neches-Groves v PA Memorial

RoschonsBigBro

22 minutes ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

My point was that if they want to take there best Player and put him on our 3rd best receiver, because he has a offer to ATM.... Then go ahead. I love the fact that X Box might have that idea in his head... I never stated McZeal was going to put up big numbers... But the difference he could make would be to take Vincent out of the game on the other side of the field for the other guys.. So yes he can be a difference maker... I agree on the 40 points.. I have said it all along, PAM should win every district game by at least 3 scores... But once again, if X Box goes with some crazy strategy, I am all for it... That might actually give us a chance... As for the Crosby vs PNG games, I honestly do not remember. Crosby seems to remember the few times we have lost to yall... I semi remember a kid named Mirka, and the twins, thats about it....

Vincent is the big name in  secondary  but believe me  brothers Kameron and  Kolby Nixon  will  be  roaming  around  and flying to the  ball please don't sleep on them, they make  plays cause fumbles. They're bringing the wood! We'll be able to cover  any receiver  anywhere on the field.

19 minutes ago, Finesser said:

NDNation lol , we have too , anything else would be a lie , except '12 , but my point is the competition you face in district prepares you for the playoffs , so what I'm saying is the Titans winning this district albeit is good it's not a MONUMENTAL feat , IMO

You're preaching to the choir.

It's been an up hill battle just getting past the 1st round and 21 5A (que Coug14), which PAM should have no problems with.

13 minutes ago, PA4Real said:

True, its a team game.  But you need that special QB or RB on offense. Period.  You guys have the QB for 5he present and future.  Without him you cannot say PNG would be where they are.  Right???

And your point? We love RJ.... Don't hate...... You have Jr. at the helm, a 3 year starter.... Hell, we wouldnt trade RJ for any QB in the state............. Period....................

Mic Drop............................................

6 minutes ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

And your point? We love RJ.... Don't hate...... You have Jr. at the helm, a 3 year starter.... Hell, we wouldnt trade RJ for any QB in the state............. Period....................

You deserve some water!

1 hour ago, Finesser said:

Roschon has given these Indian fans a new lease on PNG football life , YOU guys haven't won THIS district in how long ? We all know this district is WEAK ,and has always been , NOW you have the Titans to bring UP the competition , everybody on the board has said it , if they won cool , if they don't cool too , there's NOTHING to hip hip hoooray about , Now the playoffs is the biggest test , playing teams like PNG , Nederland , Lumberton , WON'T prepare a team for the likes of Manvel , Temple , so for the Titans it's really bittersweet in the end

I've mentioned the same about Manvel and Temple

Loads of 5A teams at the top with recent 6A experience: Highland Park, Denton Ryan, Manvel and Temple to name a few... Still have teams like Aledo, Frisco Lone Star and Cedar Park to deal with.

1 hour ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

Hate?  lol Read the threads bro.  An indian downplayed the importance of having RJ on the team and the team is the reason for the success, not just one player.  I stated that you have to have a really good QB or RB on offense to do what PNG is doing this yr.  You guys have that special QB.  Now.... YOUR point is for the comment is what exactly???  

I was acknowledging that you guys have that special player.  Every city in the area has a TEAM, some don't have THAT player that can push them over the top.  Makes sense?  Read, my friend. lol  Read...

NOW PICK UP THE MIC AND PUT IT AWAY........LMBO

8 minutes ago, PortArthur33 said:

Hate?  lol Read the threads bro.  An indian downplayed the importance of having RJ on the team is the reason for the success.  I stated that you have to have a really good QB or RB on offense to do what PNG is doing this yr.  You guys have that special QB.  And your point is???  

I was acknowledging that you guys have that special player.  Every city in the area has a TEAM, some don't have THAT player.  Makes sense?  Read, my friend. lol

No one down played his importance I stated it's ALL the Indians  who have give us a new lease on honor pride and tradition don't mix my words bro 

3 minutes ago, PNG2720 said:

No one down played his importance I stated its ALL the Indians don't mix my words bro 

PNG has a TEAM (ALL PLAYERS) every year.  They don't always have that top notch QB or RB.  My statement was to say that you guys are in the situation this year because of a special Sophmore talent at the QB position.  I don't downplay the TEAM aspect of any competitive sport, but certain players make the difference between a contender and a pretender.  

Didn't mean to say you downplayed anything, but I just meant you have a beast at quarterback for the next few years.  They don't come around that often.

2 hours ago, Finesser said:

Roschon has given these Indian fans a new lease on PNG football life , YOU guys haven't won THIS district in how long ? We all know this district is WEAK ,and has always been , NOW you have the Titans to bring UP the competition , everybody on the board has said it , if they won cool , if they don't cool too , there's NOTHING to hip hip hoooray about , Now the playoffs is the biggest test , playing teams like PNG , Nederland , Lumberton , WON'T prepare a team for the likes of Manvel , Temple , so for the Titans it's really bittersweet in the end

Havent won it out right since 2010 but we have co shared in a couple of the last years

Barry Switzer actually downplayed the talent of Marcus Dupree as freshman at OU and didn't start him from the jump because it didn't look right starting a freshman and these guys have been on the TEAM all of these years, and he comes to his first practice and makes them look bad because he was a once in a lifetime athlete.  

Now later on, the same coach complained when he went out of a game with cramps rushing for over 200 yds in the first half and had the AUDACITY to say we lost because Dupree was out of shape and couldn't rush for 400 yards that game.  Not the TEAM could have played better, but 1 player didn't rush for 400 yds.   

8 minutes ago, PortArthur33 said:

PNG has a TEAM (ALL PLAYERS) every year.  They don't always have that top notch QB or RB.  My statement was to say that you guys are in the situation this year because of a special Sophmore talent at the QB position.  I don't downplay the TEAM aspect of any competitive sport, but certain players make the difference between a contender and a pretender.  

Didn't mean to say you downplayed anything, but I just meant you have a beast at quarterback for the next few years.  They don't come around that often.

I understand your point now because at first I took it like they did as it was written. I just didnt feel the need to respond. I hope bro goes out and wins this one. I for one have tired of all the excuses laid out before him. In the beginning of the season the excuse was he was too young, then it was he didn't beat anyone good yet, and now some people say (not you specifically) he is a one man team and question  how can they beat top competition like what lies ahead on Friday while relying so much on him. Let the kids play and find out. He has proven people wrong at every point and even if they do lose, I guarantee if he doesn't look like the best player on the field, he will be top 2-3 from the eye test.

Do not underestimate the other play makers and role players. When a team has GOOD coaching and play makers that make plays CONSISTENTLY, the kids start to believe in themselves and that maybe the most powerful thing. 

5 minutes ago, PNG2720 said:

Yes we do and a  great Rb right by his side  great WR who can catch  great OL who can block center who is great at what he does a great defense and also a great kicker all that goes into factor also win or lose proud of this team 

I agree, but no word was mentioned about the greatness of this team until everyone saw their qb.  Many had PNG not even making the playoffs.  You gotta have that QB or RB is all I'm saying.  Many college and NFL teams are trash because they don't have a decent QB.  They get the praise when things are going right along with the coach, and they get the blame if they play sub par.  Just facts.  Lebron can make EVERY team in the NBA a playoff team and Most a championship contender.  1 great player can do that.  Not taking nothing away from the TEAM, but who wants to watch a boring hard working TEAM other than family and friends that don't have that or those exciting and talented players.  

5 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I understand your point now because at first I took it like they did as it was written. I just didnt feel the need to respond. I hope bro goes out and wins this one. I for one have tired of all the excuses laid out before him. In the beginning of the season the excuse was he was too young, then it was he didn't beat anyone good yet, and now some people say (not you specifically) he is a one man team and question  how can they beat top competition like what lies ahead on Friday while relying so much on him. Let the kids play and find out. He has proven people wrong at every point and even if they do lose, I guarantee if he doesn't look like the best player on the field, he will be top 2-3 from the eye test.

Do not underestimate the other play makers and role players. When a team has GOOD coaching and play makers that make plays CONSISTENTLY, the kids start to believe in themselves and that maybe the most powerful thing. 

That's why everyone has to read before getting ahead of themselves.  We all know if you have a all time great receiver and a avg qb at the helm, its not gon work out too good.  PNG has an excellent team, but they have the special qb for the next 2 1/2 yrs.  I never said he was a 1 man team, but he does play the most important position on the team.  Without Vincent, the Titans D isn't that strong in the secondary.  Not saying the Titan D isn't good, but who has a top DB in the nation on their team. Vincent is a special player.  Roschon is a special player.  GAMECHANGERS.  Vincent will be scored on and Johnson won't always have a stellar game.  They are players we don't see all the time.

I have a hard time believing PNG will stop PAM. We know PNG will line the defensive back's about 10 yard's off of the WR. PAM likes to throw the quick short passes and let their athlete's make plays. I have never seen PNG put their DB's up close to the line of scrimmage so PAM can get those easy yards whenever they want to. This will definitely be a shootout and PNG will have to score 40 or more to win this game. PNG will score some points but to win this game they will have to get some turnover's. PNG can expect Memorial to try intimidation tactics before the game and it won't be too classy. And for any of the kid's on PNG that lived in PA before, expect PAM to be after your arse and out for blood!

Yes I like to see my team win. I drive 100 miles every Friday to support them, but I'm real. PAM o-line, qb, and coach will lose this game. Blitz, blitz blitz.. On offense screen them to death. They not very smart on the sideline to make in game adjustments. Special teams is highly suspect. When they don't trust the original special teams starters, they put all the starting wr and db on special teams.