Strong close to losing Job??

D3zii

47 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Interesting comparison between the records of Strong and Herman:

This is the hidden content, please

Coach A
Won 14 of his last 15 games with a powerhouse of a team that he spent four years building up himself.
The one loss came to a team led by an NFL franchise-building block quarterback that finished the year 12-1 with a BCS-level bowl win.
During the stretch, the two-time conference coach of the year's team won a BCS-level bowl game over a tremendous team from Florida that came really, really close to playing for the national title, and it won another big bowl game against another good team from Florida. Both bowl wins were by double digits.
Along the way were three wins over Power 5 conference teams. In his final season, his team was No. 1 in the nation in total defense, No. 1 in rushing defense, No. 3 in passing efficiency, and No. 2 in turnover margin.

Coach B
Won 18 of his first 19 games as a head coach with, mostly, someone else's players.
The one loss came to a mediocre team that finished with a losing record.
During the stretch, Coach B's bowl win came against a team from Florida that was very good, but not quite the killer it was supposed to be. However, this year it came up with a dominant performance over a preseason top five team.
Along the way there were four wins over Power 5 conference teams. In his breakthrough year, his team finished 53rd in the nation in total defense, 115th in pass defense, and 29th in the nation in total offense.

So, really, based on resume, why is Coach B Tom Herman seen as a slam-dunk, superstar genius, next-level head coach, while Coach A Charlie Strong didn't get the same love when he was brought on?

Why do you care?

Strong got lots of love when he was hired by all Longhorns who were ready for change.

Aggys we the only ones in Texas not ready for change!

Why do you spend more than 1/2 of your posts on Texas?

35 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

Why do you care?

Strong got lots of love when he was hired by all Longhorns who were ready for change.

I don't, I post about everyone.  The delusion with your fan base is just too great for me not to post facts to knock you down a level.  It's entertaining   

51 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

Why do you care?

Aggys we the only ones in Texas not ready for change!

Aren't you the one that created a couple of Aggie threads? One of which 90% of the posts are yours?

8 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

These types of post are getting ridiculous, but I can't say we don't deserve it, lol...I still feel if he can somehow win 7 and get this team to a bowl we should let him finish out these 4years...

i mean why not??? 9x outta 10 he will hire a good D coordinator at the end of the season and next year we will have A QB that's a year older with a team full of Sophmores and Juniors...

Strong is out of Scape Goats. Last year it was the offense, so he changed offensive coordinators. This year it is the defense. He demoted the defensive coordinator and took it over himself. Result-  670+ yards given up by the defense in one game against your rivals.  There are no more excuses. Opps forgot, Special Teams coach. He might be the next fall guy. Three blocked extra point kicks and blocked field goal. Maybe he is the problem. It all is the responsibility of the HEAD COACH. Time to go Charlie

22 minutes ago, 78Stang said:

Strong is out of Scape Goats. Last year it was the offense, so he changed offensive coordinators. This year it is the defense. He demoted the defensive coordinator and took it over himself. Result-  670+ yards given up by the defense in one game against your rivals.  There are no more excuses. Opps forgot, Special Teams coach. He might be the next fall guy. Three FOUR blocked extra point kicks and blocked field goal. Maybe he is the problem. It all is the responsibility of the HEAD COACH. Time to go Charlie

FIFY

6 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

You can read about the meeting here.  I'm not sure how so much info gets out about a closed door meeting but whatever.  Looks like Foreman directly called out Malik for sucking.  Malik's mom is going going to be pissed!

7 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

You can read about the meeting here.  I'm not sure how so much info gets out about a closed door meeting but whatever.  Looks like Foreman directly called out Malik for sucking.  Malik's mom is going going to be pissed!

Let it go.  You can add Marvin Wilson to your hit list next year. 

21 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

Talking to someone on the inside, I heard the meeting happen and people were called out, but not like the media is making it out to be....it was basically just a meeting and people called out for not giving effort, or just going through the motions,,.

this can either go one or two ways..Players take up the call and ball or they get mad for getting called out and fold