Strong close to losing Job??

D3zii

15 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

I really believe that the overwhelming majority of Longhorns want Charlie to succeed!

I am not in the administration, so I can't speak for them! I think they do. 

Everyone looks and feels better when Texas wins. 

When I was younger, If Texas lost, best leave me alone until Monday or Tuesday. 

And look at me now!

horns up and Hookem 

Yea, It'll look bad before it looks good, Don't forget Strong was in a similar situation in Florida....In. 07 had one of the worst defenses probably not in the country but they were pretty bad with A young defense but in 08 you couldn't sniff the end zone against Florida 

UF went 9-4 in '07, after winning the MNC in '06 then did it again in '08.  Also, I'm tired of the youth excuses.  Tom Herman didn't need that excuse...Harbaugh didn't need it at UM...I could go on and on and on.  One of two things are going on here...either they recruited idiotic players (which I doubt our guys are that dumb), or they are continuously being out coached by the other sideline.  Me thinks the latter is more the fault than the former.  I just think at this point, he's so overwhelmed, he can't think straight.  That's leading to telegraphed defenses, which are being chewed up and spit out by the other teams.  At this point, I'm really starting to question the overall intelligence level at multiple facets of our coaching staff.

I don't think Strong taking over for Bedford is going to be the answer.  I sure hope I'm wrong...

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

lol I sware I was the same way, except it was a few yrs ago like when we lost to K-State in 06 I saw purple spots, and then in 08 when we lost to Tech I didn't know what to do with myself 

I was born in 1959.

The first time I ever perceived that TEXAS WAS going to lose, was in 2011 with Case at QB. Game was KSU and I just knew there no way to win. It took 52 yrs for this to happen the first time. 

Now it almost happens weekly.

Enough about fanatic 

Hookem

1 hour ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

UF went 9-4 in '07, after winning the MNC in '06 then did it again in '08.  Also, I'm tired of the youth excuses.  Tom Herman didn't need that excuse...Harbaugh didn't need it at UM...I could go on and on and on.  One of two things are going on here...either they recruited idiotic players (which I doubt our guys are that dumb), or they are continuously being out coached by the other sideline.  Me thinks the latter is more the fault than the former.  I just think at this point, he's so overwhelmed, he can't think straight.  That's leading to telegraphed defenses, which are being chewed up and spit out by the other teams.  At this point, I'm really starting to question the overall intelligence level at multiple facets of our coaching staff.

I don't think Strong taking over for Bedford is going to be the answer.  I sure hope I'm wrong...

People really haven't been making excuses about youth, to be honest most have been saying this is no excuse, but your right , hopefully it isn't that we are getting out coached, an more so we just are having brain farts and aren't tackling worth a darn..(at least those can be fixed) 

Funny, just a month ago it was Sumlin on the proverbial "hot seat" and the program looked to be in turmoil with 5star qb's leaving almost daily. Strong and horns appeared to be "back" with a win over what appeared to be a good ND team. All was good on the 40 acres. 30 days later, game day is in College Station and folks want Charlie gone. Someone said earlier they see tu getting 8 wins. Where? That means they need to go 7-1! Baylor, TCU, West Va, OU, Hell even Iowa St. looks decent. The ONLY guarantee is Kansas. Tu is more likely to go 1-7 than 7-1. Go Ahead and back the brinks truck up to the Herman household and hire him before LSU or USC does and don't dare let cougar high in the conference, because that is one more loss. Poor Texas. 

7 hours ago, Lukethadrifter said:

Funny, just a month ago it was Sumlin on the proverbial "hot seat" and the program looked to be in turmoil with 5star qb's leaving almost daily. Strong and horns appeared to be "back" with a win over what appeared to be a good ND team. All was good on the 40 acres. 30 days later, game day is in College Station and folks want Charlie gone. Someone said earlier they see tu getting 8 wins. Where? That means they need to go 7-1! Baylor, TCU, West Va, OU, Hell even Iowa St. looks decent. The ONLY guarantee is Kansas. Tu is more likely to go 1-7 than 7-1. Go Ahead and back the brinks truck up to the Herman household and hire him before LSU or USC does and don't dare let cougar high in the conference, because that is one more loss. Poor Texas. 

It's not like UT is losing to a bunch of scrubs.

Losing sucks, but let's be real.They have lost 2 games they could have and should have won. Not time to go Full Aggy yet.

If the defense does figure things out, they could win out. If not, they could lose every game and Chuck will be out.

It is what it is. 

9 hours ago, Lukethadrifter said:

Math clearly isn't your friend...7-1 gets us to 9-3, not 8-4.

Whoopi, sorry my math was a little off, I was thinking 1-2, not 2-2. I forgot about the win over UTEP. I wasn't giving math lessons, just saying 8 is gonna be tough. The one good thing about their schedule is that they have TCU, Baylor, Iowa St, and WV at home. Tech, Kansas, K State on road and OU at Dallas this weekend. To me,Charlie has to win 6 of 8 to keep job. A win over OU would go a long way in job security. 

46 minutes ago, Lukethadrifter said:

Whoopi, sorry my math was a little off, I was thinking 1-2, not 2-2. I forgot about the win over UTEP. I wasn't giving math lessons, just saying 8 is gonna be tough. The one good thing about their schedule is that they have TCU, Baylor, Iowa St, and WV at home. Tech, Kansas, K State on road and OU at Dallas this weekend. To me,Charlie has to win 6 of 8 to keep job. A win over OU would go a long way in job security. 

Just another PROUD aggy grad!

#btbb

Hookem

47 minutes ago, Lukethadrifter said:

Total offense rankings-

Tech #1

Baylor #5

TCU #6

WV #20

OU #25

Charlie has his work cut out on defense.  

2 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Total offense rankings-

Tech #1

Baylor #5

TCU #6

WV #20

OU #25

Charlie has his work cut out on defense.  

T

OTAL YARDS LEADERS

RK TEAM
This is the hidden content, please
2842 568 1391 278.2 1451 290.2 213 42.6
2818 564 1969 393.8 849 169.8 217 43.4
2657 664 2191 547.8 466 116.5 238 59.5
2422 484 1752 350.4 670 134.0 206 41.2
2069 517 1025 256.3 1044 261.0 165 41.3
2021 505 1272 318.0 749 187.3 116 29.0
1970 493 1175 293.8 795 198.8 158 39.5
1921 384 1215 243.0 706 141.2 129 25.8
1412 353 1048 262.0 364 91.0 102 25.5
1386 347 673 168.3 713 178.3 127 31.8

2 hours ago, Lukethadrifter said:

Meh...I think the writings on the wall. Both, in regards to Charlie's employment status and your math skills! 

2 hours ago, GCMPats / Free BG said:

T

OTAL YARDS LEADERS

RK TEAM
2842 568 1391 278.2 1451 290.2 213 42.6
2818 564 1969 393.8 849 169.8 217 43.4
2657 664 2191 547.8 466 116.5 238 59.5
2422 484 1752 350.4 670 134.0 206 41.2
2069 517 1025 256.3 1044 261.0 165 41.3
2021 505 1272 318.0 749 187.3 116 29.0
1970 493 1175 293.8 795 198.8 158 39.5
1921 384 1215 243.0 706 141.2 129 25.8
1412 353 1048 262.0 364 91.0 102 25.5
1386 347 673 168.3 713 178.3 127 31.8

Yards per game is what the NCAA uses to measure total offense.  Texas is 15th in the country offensively, but the problem is their defense is 87th in total defense and 116th in scoring defense 

17 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Yards per game is what the NCAA uses to measure total offense.  Texas is 15th in the country offensively, but the problem is their defense is 87th in total defense and 116th in scoring defense Clay Jennings, Vance Bedford, and Charlie Strong trying to be too cute on defensive scheme.

FIFY

12 hours ago, Lukethadrifter said:

Only Six wins and Charlie is fired no questions, 7 wins and its up the air and he has to win the bowl game. 8 wins is the only way I see Charlie keeping his job for another year and still think the bowl game could make or break him depending the outcome of the game.