Strong close to losing Job??

D3zii

I feel like there is a lot of truth in that article, it is hard to win with freshman and sophomore rosters....A lot of teams are in the same place with Texas this year. They have to mature into four quarter athletes. Give Charlie another year and I feel the difference will be very noticeable. Be patient, Horn fans, I know that's asking a lot, but they will be o.k. with a little more seasoning. Understand how bad ya'll hate to lose......

1 hour ago, LB76 said:

I feel like there is a lot of truth in that article, it is hard to win with freshman and sophomore rosters....A lot of teams are in the same place with Texas this year. They have to mature into four quarter athletes. Give Charlie another year and I feel the difference will be very noticeable. Be patient, Horn fans, I know that's asking a lot, but they will be o.k. with a little more seasoning. Understand how bad ya'll hate to lose......

Ohio State has one of the youngest rosters.

1 hour ago, LB76 said:

The youth argument can be made I guess.  It didn't help that charlie kicked off most of the upperclassmen. 

If you actually pay attention to the games, you can't help but see how bad the in-game coaching is. The team looks unprepared and Charlie looks lost on the sidelines.  There are so many little things that Charlie misses that leads me to believe he's in over his head.  That's my honest assessment, but I hope y'all keep buying into the youth/bare cupboard excuse.  

1 hour ago, LB76 said:

If you have the right people in place, they run the game. He has been awful on hiring assistants. Pretty sure Bedford is one of the only original assistants still on staff.

It is also an issue with youth. Those same people lauding the win against ND with the youngest team in the Big XII need to realize that they are still the youngest team in the Big XII. Young players make mistakes. It is up to the coaches to fix those mistakes. We will see how that goes.

The problem with keeping Charlie is they better be sure he's the one. I think Herman would take the job if offered, but he lost to UConn last year for heavens sake.He did take over a UH team that was terrible under Levine and made them better (It also does not hurt to have Greg Ward playing QB). So damn, I'm just not sure.

I like Strong. He seems like a good man in general. However, it comes down to wins and losses. He's piling up the losses.

6 minutes ago, GCMPats / Free BG said:

If you have the right people in place, they run the game. He has been awful on hiring assistants. Pretty sure Bedford is one of the only original assistants still on staff.

It is also an issue with youth. Those same people lauding the win against ND with the youngest team in the Big XII need to realize that they are still the youngest team in the Big XII. Young players make mistakes. It is up to the coaches to fix those mistakes. We will see how that goes.

The problem with keeping Charlie is they better be sure he's the one. I think Herman would take the job if offered, but he lost to UConn last year for heavens sake.He did take over a UH team that was terrible under Levine and made them better (It also does not hurt to have Greg Ward playing QB). So damn, I'm just not sure.

I like Strong. He seems like a good man in general. However, it comes down to wins and losses. He's piling up the losses.

All I'm saying is, we better make the right move,   Remember last time we thought we could get a coach "Saban" we didn't get him and no I'm not saying Bama is Houston but we didn't get a lot of coaches we wanted simply cause Texas can 'rub' ppl the wrong way..

cause we'll end up with a revolving door of coaches and that'll set us back big time 

37 minutes ago, D3zii said:

All I'm saying is, we better make the right move,   Remember last time we thought we could get a coach "Saban" we didn't get him and no I'm not saying Bama is Houston but we didn't get a lot of coaches we wanted simply cause Texas can 'rub' ppl the wrong way..

cause we'll end up with a revolving door of coaches and that'll set us back big time 

Saban?

I liked David Shaw!

But when we hired Mack Brown, he wasn't my first choice. Bob Stoops was.

If we go coach hunting, we MUST get the right one. 

I like Herman and he has got Texas ties.

What about that BIG coach in Arkansas?

smh

lmao

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

Before they pull the plug, they better have a replacement in the fold. That's all I'm saying.

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

The youth argument can be made I guess.  It didn't help that charlie kicked off most of the upperclassmen. 

If you actually pay attention to the games, you can't help but see how bad the in-game coaching is. The team looks unprepared and Charlie looks lost on the sidelines.  There are so many little things that Charlie misses that leads me to believe he's in over his head.  That's my honest assessment, but I hope y'all keep buying into the youth/bare cupboard excuse.  

4 minutes ago, GCMPats / Free BG said:

Before they pull the plug, they better have a replacement in the fold. That's all I'm saying.

The nail...you guys hit right on the head.  I expected that from Mack, but didn't know GCMPats was a carpenter like Jesus!

5 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Why tweet this?

Subterfuge.  Bruce Feldman reports today on the Herd that there was a 7-5 benchmark going into the season that has now been raised to 9-3.  I honestly don't see, barring a miraculous recovery, how he survives.  I think the U of H success again, coupled with the Miles firing, has no small bearing on this.  Hermann is the hot commodity and they don't want to lose him to LSU by hoping against hope with Strong for another year.  

6 hours ago, D3zii said:

Hermann hasn't exactly made it a secret where his dream job would be.  It's not in Baton Rouge.  Not going to rehash the Saban debacle but suffice it to say, that was a nice parting gift from Coach Brown. 

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I, for one, am very thankful for the Prairie View A&M, New Mexico St., Texas State schedules.  We love Sumblin and hope he has a long career with many more extensions in College Station with 6th-8th place conference finishes.  I like the buying into the "well the conference games are just so tough excuse." ;)

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I, for one, am very thankful for the Prairie View A&M, New Mexico St., Texas State schedules.  We love Sumblin and hope he has a long career with many more extensions in College Station with 6th-8th place conference finishes.  I like the buying into the "well the conference games are just so tough excuse." ;)

Just being in the SEC is better than competing for a title in the Big XII, according to aggy.  The Manziel team may have competed for a NC if they had been in the Big XII.  You may count that victory over 'Bama as their mythical NC.

45 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Hermann hasn't exactly made it a secret where his dream job would be.  It's not in Baton Rouge.  Not going to rehash the Saban debacle but suffice it to say, that was a nice parting gift from Coach Brown. 

Well one things for sure, whoever gets the team next year rather it be Strong or Herman or anyone,  they will have talent unlike when Brown left 

57 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

3-0 in the SEC and ranked 8th in the country isn't too terrible.  I guess it could be worse. 

10 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

3-0 in the SEC and ranked 8th in the country isn't too terrible.  I guess it could be worse. 

Yes, he usually doesn't get off to fast starts and then fall off the rails so I am sure the Ags are in for another flawless October.  And even if they aren't, please keep the guy.  He's aces in our book!

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

This is an annual aggy posting boast.

Then the varsity schedule kicks in.

Who knows. Maybe "next year" is finally here. I mean the SEC is in a down year. LSU is in turmoil. Ole Miss has 2 losses.  If you play hard you guys might just finish 2nd in your division. That is SEC good.

Keep hope alive!