Porter 37 Crosby 34/FINAL (OT)

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, indianforever said:

when will netherly and Williams be expected to be back playing?

Could be 14 days from now when we play KP, could be a month from now after KP and Caney Creek when we play Dayton. If the game was perceived to mean more all the starters might have played or at least gave it a shot last night. As long as we respect them I think we can beat KP and Caney Creek as we were constructed last night and focus on being our healthiest starting with Dayton. 

42 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

I am a big believer in catapult games. In 1999 we lost to WOS the only loss the whole season all the way until the SC game. This may well be what Crosby needed to renew its focus and knock off the boredom.Best of luck.

I think it will cause the players as well as some in the community to prioritize. Other than the Dayton game and the Summer Creek/CE King games, boredom is exactly the way I would describe the regular season the last four years. Now there can be a focus on improving rather than starting out gangbusters like the last few years and trying to maintain that high level of play throughout the season. Good luck to you guys too. 

1 hour ago, Coug88 said:

Reading comprehension is hard. 

sorry sir there isn't  nothing wrong with my reading comprehension, I read the cougs lost in overtime, correct me if im wrong, that is what happened right, Crosby lost to a cellar dweller. $^&* happens, seem like a lot of crow to be swallowed. lol stirring the pot!!!

2 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

sorry sir there isn't  nothing wrong with my reading comprehension, I read the cougs lost in overtime, correct me if im wrong, that is what happened right, Crosby lost to a cellar dweller. $^&* happens, seem like a lot of crow to be swallowed. lol stirring the pot!!!

Not a sir...she's a Mam. Be nice! lol

2 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

Porter's going to surprise a bunch of people if they continue to think that. 

Cougar 14.2, in your opinion, which one of these do you feel like was the bigger upset?

Porter over Crosby or

Buster Douglas over Mike Tyson

I watched the Tyson fight with some friends and remember the feeling like it was yesterday.  I'm sure you felt the same gut-punch last night.

Wait, was this the same Porter that Lumberton played in Week 1?  Before our game, I recall you saying something to the effect of, and I'll paraphrase: If Lumberton beats Porter you will have beat probably the worst team in 21-5A.  Is that pretty close to what you said?  I'm getting old and can't quite remember.

1 hour ago, Coug88 said:

Still suffering with reading comprehension  problems, sweetie.

Go Dayton JV!

Hold on champ my son plays on the JV leave those kids out of it.  They are a good group of kids.  Who would start on Varsity at other schools.  If you don't believe me I will be happy to post the text messages on here from your hometown

34 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think it will cause the players as well as some in the community to prioritize. Other than the Dayton game and the Summer Creek/CE King games, boredom is exactly the way I would describe the regular season the last four years. Now there can be a focus on improving rather than starting out gangbusters like the last few years and trying to maintain that high level of play throughout the season. Good luck to you guys too. 

When we lost to WOS our kids were the same way that season. We had high hopes having one of the best QB's in Texas that season. After that game it sent our team on a winnig streak. I believe it will for Crosby as wel. Its sucks loosing but it was done woth key players out. Great game to learn from better to be vulnerable now than after week 10. 

5 minutes ago, Bronco1983 said:

Hold on champ my son plays on the JV leave those kids out of it.  They are a good group of kids.  Who would start on Varsity at other schools.  If you don't believe me I will be happy to post the text messages on here from your hometown

I never comment on the kids.   Period.   I consider every kid on every team a good kid until they prove otherwise.  Don't get my comment twisted into something it isn't.  Champ.

20 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

You are a piece of work.  Note to the rest of the posters...biaplayer called porter a cellar dweller not crosby.   I had my helping of crow last night.   Not doing this all over again because you are late to get with the program

56 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Could be 14 days from now when we play KP, could be a month from now after KP and Caney Creek when we play Dayton. If the game was perceived to mean more all the starters might have played or at least gave it a shot last night. As long as we respect them I think we can beat KP and Caney Creek as we were constructed last night and focus on being our healthiest starting with Dayton. 

I think you should rest them against Dayton and concentrate on the post season ! ( just looking out for Crosby's best interest) -

5 minutes ago, Bronco1983 said:

Coug88 im not threatening anything champ.  You guys from Crosby sure get sensitive real easy.  Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.  Try not to get to upset gal

Hmmm....me saying I don't care = feathers getting ruffled and me saying go dayton JV to a different poster makes you reply with i have text messages and know how to copy and paste....but that isn't some veiled threat.  Ummmmmm ok that is clear, got it.

21 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Cougar 14.2, in your opinion, which one of these do you feel like was the bigger upset?

Porter over Crosby or

Buster Douglas over Mike Tyson

I watched the Tyson fight with some friends and remember the feeling like it was yesterday.  I'm sure you felt the same gut-punch last night.

Wait, was this the same Porter that Lumberton played in Week 1?  Before our game, I recall you saying something to the effect of, and I'll paraphrase: If Lumberton beats Porter you will have beat probably the worst team in 21-5A.  Is that pretty close to what you said?  I'm getting old and can't quite remember.

ouch tell us again what that score was lol

10 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

ouch tell us again what that score was lol

Again, I don't think it's the same Porter team.  The Porter team Lumberton played had trouble moving the ball on our defense.  In fact, at the end of 1 quarter of play, Porter may have had negative yards on offense.  Score was 0-0 and game was called. Couldn't be the same team Crosby just lost to.  Couldn't be.

1 hour ago, Gurulyfe4football said:

I'm surprised we didn't see Trey carry the ball last night.

Trey is also nursing an injury, that is why he didn't get much playing time.

1 hour ago, indianforever said:

I watched the game online....if he was the wide receiver who scored a few times that boy can fly

No, that kid is # 6, he was referring to #19. 

44 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Again, I don't think it's the same Porter team.  The Porter team Lumberton played had trouble moving the ball on our defense.  In fact, at the end of 1 quarter of play, Porter may have had negative yards on offense.  Score was 0-0 and game was called. Couldn't be the same team Crosby just lost to.  Couldn't be.

I was telling liltex just that a few days before this game, seems weird now lol.