Porter 37 Crosby 34/FINAL (OT)

WOSgrad

10 minutes ago, COUCH TATER said:

I haven't made it out to see Crosby yet. The past few weeks the talk was how good Crosby's defense is (was) and that their secondary was great. Can someone explain what happened to their defense? Was it injuries or are they just not near as good as thought to be? And, I think it was 14.2 that stated the off the field problems got in the way. I'm assuming it was all the kneeling vs. standing for the National Anthem. Has this caused division on the team? Has Riordan lost the ship? Or maybe it's just that Porter is way better than thought, but I highly suspect that is not the reason. Anyone have opinions on my questions?

Crosby had some crucial kids not playing but Porter was better prepared to win the football game. I don't think you're going to get or really need an answer to those specific questions. Riordan is one of the top coaches in Texas and beloved in Crosby, I guarantee him and the staff will have Crosby back to looking like they're supposed to after the bye week. 

8 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Losing one game doesn't mean the coach doesn't have control or the players don't believe. It sounds like they were overlooking this game and it came back to bite them. I'd imagine it won't happen again  (the overlooking). 

I believe this loss with refocus and motivate Crosby just like their last district loss in 2014 did. 

22 minutes ago, COUCH TATER said:

Good to hear that the kids seem to be on the same page. Sometimes these social issues can be divisive. If the talent is there, maybe this was a good wake up call for Crosby. Every game in the district, each week, is going to be interesting and competitive. On any Friday!

Yeah, it's actually the first time Crosby has lost two regular season games since Riordan's first year so we're fine. People can have all the issues they want, you lose a football game this time of year in Crosby, TX and all that stuff will mysteriously be irrelevant. All the focus will be back on football when we play Kingwood Park in two weeks, I promise you that. 

4 minutes ago, liltex said:

It's games like this that tells a story just how hard it is to repeat a deep playoff run.When you graduate a big sr class of talent like Crosby had 2014.

I think it had more to do with the match ups and staying healthy.  They've got quite a few seniors this year.  '14 seems so long ago, they just got good match ups and the O line and D lines were very good.  Lot of games are won in the trenches.

10 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, it's actually the first time Crosby has lost two regular season games since Riordan's first year so we're fine. People can have all the issues they want, you lose a football game this time of year in Crosby, TX and all that stuff will mysteriously be irrelevant. All the focus will be back on football when we play Kingwood Park in two weeks, I promise you that. 

Yea they are 0-3 right now so, but hey, everybody called it, we knew you would have 1001 explanations to why y'all lost, but when when Dayton battled injuries in the 3rd quarter in a tied 21-21 ball game and lost 33-21, to Splendora, we suck and are out of the playoffs, well stats guy, wrong again, Go Broncos!!!!!

6 minutes ago, liltex said:

It's games like this that tells a story just how hard it is to repeat a deep playoff run.When you graduate a big sr class of talent like Crosby had 2014.

Crosby may not be as talented on the o-line but I think there's more talent and depth everywhere else. Last night we started four underclassmen on the o-line with a sophomore qb behind them. We just stayed healthy for the vast majority of 2014 so we had a lot of depth that year. 

55 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

i agree with you that this is basically just one game. I think Crosby has the last few years got to see what Dayton has been dealing with for a long time. Even though you say the horse shoe doesn't mean anything any more fact is beating Dayton is still huge to most every team in the district. I realized just how much it meant in 2011 when a teams fans rushed the field after a district win over Dayton. Having a winning program is awesome but with it comes a huge target each and every week and teams will play their most inspired ball.

12 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

No film on them, they had only played one game so far. Crosby got hyped up for BH, overlooked Porter and sat some players trying to get to the bye week and got beat by a team coming off one. Holley gives Crosby trouble every year. 

hmmmn looks like all that D1 talent wasn't enough to get the job done. Like I said anything can happen on Thursday night lol. Congrats to Porter, nice to bring 14.2 back down to earth lmao

2 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

hmmmn looks like all that D1 talent wasn't enough to get the job done. Like I said anything can happen on Thursday night lol. Congrats to Porter, nice to bring 14.2 back down to earth lmao

LSU commit didn't play qb and kid rated #3 rb in the country who holds SEC offers didn't play either. I've already said it earlier on, I don't feel this changes Crosby's outlook any. Porter had two weeks to get ready and Crosby wasn't as prepared as they should've been. Great win for their school, had to turn down my IPad as I heard the coaches screaming in the press box while the kids rushed the field. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I cant even rag on Central this morning cause of this thread, this is some fantastic reading here, im just gonna sit back and relax the rest of the morning. :)

I just went and popped me some popcorn this year is starting out crazy lol. you better come to play everyweek or you could just get an upset lol

7 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Yea they are 0-3 right now so, but hey, everybody called it, we knew you would have 1001 explanations to why y'all lost, but when when Dayton battled injuries in the 3rd quarter in a tied 21-21 ball game and lost 33-21, to Splendora, we suck and are out of the playoffs, well stats guy, wrong again, Go Broncos!!!!!

Haven't had 1001 explanations, I've said several times already that even though Crosby was down some starters that Porter played a better game and deserved to win. Good luck against Humble tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

LSU commit didn't play qb and kid rated #3 rb in the country who holds SEC offers didn't play either. I've already said it earlier on, I don't feel this changes Crosby's outlook any. Porter had two weeks to get ready and Crosby wasn't as prepared as they should've been. Great win for their school, had to turn down my IPad as I heard the coaches screaming in the press box while the kids rushed the field. 

hey bud I don't want to hear excuses, about who played and who didn't. it is a team effort and there aint no I in team. im sure it was a great game regardless but the fact of the matter is a loss is a loss!

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Haven't had 1001 explanations, I've said several times already that even though Crosby was down some starters that Porter played a better game and deserved to win. Good luck against Humble tonight. 

Ok the only difference in our loss to Splendora is we are Broncos and y'all are coogs, we dealt with injuries that game that cost us the game, just like y'all, but you and your compadres would not stop about it, so I don't have any sympathy for ya.

3 minutes ago, indianforever said:

I found it amusing that on twitter some of the past cougars were arguing with present cougars about the loss...seems some cougars took this loss pretty hard

Tacky behavior of a few.....

5 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

hey bud I don't want to hear excuses, about who played and who didn't. it is a team effort and there aint no I in team. im sure it was a great game regardless but the fact of the matter is a loss is a loss!

Reading comprehension is hard.