Football state championships

tiwo

15 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

As long as the UIL and Jerry Jones are buddies, the championships will remain in Dallas. No rotation for Texas. The money is in the Dallas Forth Worth area and UIL will go where the money is. Regardless of how nice the stadium is in Dallas, money talks Houston and San Antonio walks.

Very true, but rotation would be nice to see for the average fan of Tx HS football in regards to travel.

It also lets me know who gonna actually show up to watch football that particular weekend too when it comes to the money aspect of it for the UIL, the Houston Area HS football fans didn't show up last year other than the fans of actual teams that made it to state from around there mostly, plus the other participants for example: Canadian.

In the DFW they all gonna pile into Jerrah's World regardless of who's there. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

In the DFW they all gonna pile into Jerrah's World regardless of who's there. 

Very true. DFW people did not travel to Houston last year due to mileage and no big name teams like Allen playing. They will go to Texas Stadium if for no other reason then it is close. If no team from SETX area made it then would as many go to Dallas as would if no teams from DFW made it if it was in Houston or even San Antonio.

8 minutes ago, tiwo said:

Ok. I understand the reason for rotating sites BUT other than proximity in my opinion NRG didn't have the welcoming environment of AT&T. AT&T has more bells and whistles.

I agree that AT&T stadium has more bells and whistles but that is my point. UIL goes where the money is and not to make it easier and more fairer for all Texans to rotate the games. Money talks all other walks.

12 hours ago, tennisbc said:

As long as the UIL and Jerry Jones are buddies, the championships will remain in Dallas. No rotation for Texas. The money is in the Dallas Forth Worth area and UIL will go where the money is. Regardless of how nice the stadium is in Dallas, money talks Houston and San Antonio walks.

Let me guess a Cowboys fan?? I have noticed that the people who are all over this are usually a Cowboys fan!!! Houston did a fine job last season they did more than enough to have it there again. If San Antonio would get anothe set of locker rooms it would be just fine their as well. I would be fine going back to letting the schools choose

Yes...I am a Cowboys fan but my better half absolutely hates them. The better half enjoyed AT&T  more than NRG.  We just enjoy sports(all sports). We were so excited to see WOS get that championship. Regardless of where the championships are held...we will be there. So..it sounds like the championships are headed back to AT&T. 

12 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Let me guess a Cowboys fan?? I have noticed that the people who are all over this are usually a Cowboys fan!!! Houston did a fine job last season they did more than enough to have it there again. If San Antonio would get anothe set of locker rooms it would be just fine their as well. I would be fine going back to letting the schools choose

Alamodome got renovations I believe. Houston charged a large fee last year from what I remember and the casual fans didnt show up, I was in there on that Friday, it was basically empty compared to Jerrah's World. Ppl in Houston actually watched the games on TV rather than show up to their own stadium. 

29 minutes ago, tiwo said:

Sounds like we might need to wait on making reservations...

Id assume go back to letting the teams play instead of giving free homefield advantage to all Dallas area teams. I think its an unfair practice. Period. A poor school from our area played in Dallas back in the earlier 2000's. Their scholl could not pay for an overnight stay. My very good friend was on the team. They played the early game at 11 or 12 not sure. They had to get up that morning at like 4 am drive 5-6 hours then warmup for the game then right into playing he said they were exhausted. By the time the game was played. There opponent was from 11 miles down the road. This is unfair on the teams who travel far. Atleast if you rotate then every year someother teas will get to play regionally. That is good enough for me.