West Orange Stark /Nederland Game Atmosphere

godawggo

I hate that the game thread is closed and I have to make one to respond to the picture of our side of the stands. I stayed for the entire game and WOS stands were pretty empty as well. I feel pretty sure most of our fans knew how this game would go, but when quite a few of them have kids in band,  Westernaires, Twirlers, Flags etc and they leave because of rain so do their parents.

1 hour ago, godawggo said:

I hate that the game thread is closed and I have to make one to respond to the picture of our side of the stands. I stayed for the entire game and WOS stands were pretty empty as well. I feel pretty sure most of our fans knew how this game would go, but when quite a few of them have kids in band,  Westernaires, Twirlers, Flags etc and they leave because of rain so do their parents.

Well at least Ned has a working score board.Got a ton of money from the state game in Dallas,not so much from the Houston game and still will not fix it.

11 minutes ago, WOS95 said:

I thought Nederland had a great crowd, until the rains came.  but i dont blame them for leaving...that rain was coming down pretty good...WOS fans left too...unfortunately it wasn't much of a game...i think if it would have been a closer scoring game, more people would have stayed...jmo...

I agree. Just thought it was crappy for people to make it out like we aren't fans but WOS was!!

Hey, I just reported what I saw. Hard to see the stands on our side as clearly when sitting there, but my area didn't start emptying. Even before the exodus, the dead silence on that side after the second TD - even after defensive success with the score just 15-0 - was startling. I didn't mean to insult anyone. It was not what I would have expected from a Nederland crowd.

3 hours ago, WOS95 said:

I thought Nederland had a great crowd, until the rains came.  but i dont blame them for leaving...that rain was coming down pretty good...WOS fans left too...unfortunately it wasn't much of a game...i think if it would have been a closer scoring game, more people would have stayed...jmo...

I left at halftime, if it was closer yes I would have stayed

21 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Results, not excuses...  For a school that prides themselves on 'atmosphere ', the lack of fans is actually kind of pitiful looking. It rained at the PN-G/Silsbee game and your counterparts stayed till the last whistle...

Winning by three touchdowns makes for a pretty nice umbrella. LOL!

Thats because they are the standard bearer of all things atmosphere.  Please dont compare us to the Mecca of atmosphere.  We're just lowly mudders waitin on the rain.  And as for results... Soulja, weve been producing them the last half decade, but I know it's fun for some to kick a dog when its down, so please have at it.

5 hours ago, liltex said:

lol them Indians were chanting for rain on Visitors side:)

neds lucky it was raining beause if it had been a clear night,wos would have put so many points up,that the score board over there is not designed to dial up that high,alot of fans left because they were embarrassed,took a royal beating.

28 minutes ago, NDOMAKONG said:

Thats because they are the standard bearer of all things atmosphere.  Please dont compare us to the Mecca of atmosphere.  We're just lowly mudders waitin on the rain.  And as for results... Soulja, weve been producing them the last half decade, but I know it's fun for some to kick a dog when its down, so please have at it.

Giving up on the season already?  It was week 1 vs. The Champs.  Did you expect a different outcome?