****Kirbyville @ Newton****

GATA!

Not saying Newton is not a good team but I think our cats are a good one too. Not all our team played the first scrimmage so why would it be a good representation of our team plus you really do not practice to stop a team for a scrimmage but now for a game you do your research, And could be wrong and Newton could be all that and a bag of chips, but before the first kick I am not ready to crown them just yet, alot of football to be played before that, and it starts this Friday night, Lets go get'em CATS!!!!

9 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

No a practice is a practice and a scrimmage is a practice against another team. 

Im kinda glad some have written off the cats in this one already.  Like someone posted earlier,  I think we all understand whats up this year.  

I will be pulling for my Kats...no doubt

What I meant by what's up this year is that Newton is loaded this season and Kirbyville lost alot and has to fill those spots. I truely hope for a great game with a win. 

Extremely excited about this football game its going to be a battle for sure! The difference in this game will be will Kirbyville's rebuilt offensive be able to contain Newton's reloaded defensive front. If Kirbyville can find ways to get the great open field runners (Dennis, Ervine, Fentress) out in space and get big Devin Tyler out in space Newton could be in for a surprise! The Jackson kid made big improvements a QB from the first scrimmage to the 2nd if he made as much improvement again this week Newton could be in trouble! No doubt Kirbyville has some kinks to work out and playing against a tough opponent like newton right off the bat can expose those areas. Kirbyville isn't going to just come in and accept defeat coach neece will have them fired up and they will be there to play hard and bring full effort! Good luck to both teams! I'll post my predction later in the week just wanted to put my two cents in for the time being!

From what I witnessed at the Jasper & LCM scrimmage Newton looked good. Newton will hurt some feeling this year and it's not gonna be the Newton fans feelings. I'm feeling the Newton fans and bloggers will not have to taste the crow this year. Just my opinion based on what I have seen so far. Wish both teams a injury free game and a learning experience to drive them both deep into the playoffs. 

21 minutes ago, Cactus said:

From what I witnessed at the Jasper & LCM scrimmage Newton looked good. Newton will hurt some feeling this year and it's not gonna be the Newton fans feelings. I'm feeling the Newton fans and bloggers will not have to taste the crow this year. Just my opinion based on what I have seen so far. Wish both teams a injury free game and a learning experience to drive them both deep into the playoffs. 

Where y'all get those east Texas kids from? Gene pool is thick as hello in Newton, TX

1 hour ago, GATA! said:

At the end of the day, the school that is in the bigger classification should win, but I think home field advantage could be the difference.

Home field advantage and that 40pt

18 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

Where y'all get those east Texas kids from? Gene pool is thick as hello in Newton, TX

I give the coaches credit for this great program in Newton. The players start young and with the tradition of winning  , a loss is not an option in Newton. Great program..

I give all of the credit to the Newton Housing Authority... They built their units and sucked all of the talent out of Burkeville. 

Just kidding! I'm just warming up for our matchup in a few weeks.

It's dedication and a tradition of doing the hard work that leads to that kind of success. It's kids going through years of tough offseason programs. It's parents that accept the type of coaching necessary to win at the highest levels. It's families who have athletic genes that have stayed in the area for generations to raise their families. 

I can't stand Newton fans, but I admire what they do up there. 

58 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I give all of the credit to the Newton Housing Authority... They built their units and sucked all of the talent out of Burkeville. 

Just kidding! I'm just warming up for our matchup in a few weeks.

It's dedication and a tradition of doing the hard work that leads to that kind of success. It's kids going through years of tough offseason programs. It's parents that accept the type of coaching necessary to win at the highest levels. It's families who have athletic genes that have stayed in the area for generations to raise their families. 

I can't stand Newton fans, but I admire what they do up there. 

Oh lawd....

9 hours ago, Cactus said:

Last I checked every team is still 0-0  And you can bet Newton will find a way to lose a close game in the playoffs from a more disciplined team

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

Last I checked every team is still 0-0  And you can bet Newton will find a way to lose a close game in the playoffs from a more disciplined team

But Newton don't do it back to back In week 16 though, but you are right we have lost some close games in the playoffs to some disciplined teams, in preseason to!