What will it take for SETX to start getting the respect that DFW & ETX currently gets?

5 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

We're past SETX, stop being myopic. We're trying to quantify the criteria it takes, as you see it, for being good before we decide what powerhouse definitions are? I just laid out the facts to you. Manvel is the only 5A powerhouse in the entire Houston area, correct? Very simple yes or no would do. IMO, after we beat them 34-0 the calisthenics Angleton performed on y'all made them look like a powerhouse to me. You can either answer or choose to again deflect like a good politician does.

Crosby is not a powerhouse, one time past the third round doesn't make you a powerhouse no matter how many regular season wins you have.  

2 hours ago, Stattrax said:

The correct answer to the title of this thread is easy... Better recruiting, Better facilities, Better area, and Better jobs.....

I agree wit u . But it's like this.i  cheer for all setx schools.if one thing could change for all our setx teams I wish it be been able to control the line of scrimmage better . football has ND always will b won in the trenches. And I think that's where dfw,Houston, ND east Texas separate them selves from us.take for instant katy.sure they have been great for over 25 plus years . offense never changes. They are gonna run it 85% of the time and teams can't stop it.and on the other side of the ball they are very physical with teams.not to mention Navasota, gilmers,George ranch,Carthage. And i truly luv some of the coaches in our area.and I truly believe that is why w.o. will b able to play for the title again!! Bc one of there strength is the d-line.to go with everything dat makes them a pretty gud team.

22 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

We're past SETX, stop being myopic. We're trying to quantify the criteria it takes, as you see it, for being good before we decide what powerhouse definitions are? I just laid out the facts to you. Manvel is the only 5A powerhouse in the entire Houston area, correct? Very simple yes or no would do. IMO, after we beat them 34-0 the calisthenics Angleton performed on y'all made them look like a powerhouse to me. You can either answer or choose to again deflect like a good politician does.

Thanks for the POWERFUL sermon.... Still sifting through my Encyclopedia Britannica to figure out the key words.....

20 minutes ago, NDNation said:
  •  

Full Definition of powerhouse

1. 1 a : 

This is the hidden content, please
    1 b :  a source of influence or inspiration

2. 2 :  one having great

: as a :  one having great drive, energy, or ability <a powerhouse rock band> b :  an athletic team characterized by strong aggressive play

From Urban:

A word used to describe someone who exerts a large amount of power, typically in football, and who can trounce the opposition with both ease and (occasionally) grace.

Welp I know atmosphere sure isnt part of this. 

10 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Crosby is not a powerhouse, one time past the third round doesn't make you a powerhouse no matter how many regular season wins you have.  

Like I said, cool. Foster isn't a powerhouse either because they've never been past the third round. Neither has FB Elkins or FB Ridge Point before they beat us last year. I'm just learning all types of new information today. Thanks and keep it coming.  

2 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

If both played each other  I would hope it's at reliant thats a crazy good matchup big game calls for a big venue

Should play it at The Mecca in Nerdland. Lawd knows it would be better than that mess called MCM. 

3 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Now where atmosphere is concerned..there is no bigger powerhouse than the PNG Indians.:)

We WILL out number you week 8. bwahhaaa

Outnumber us in watching yall get an arse whooping on our Homecoming. Cool beans. It'll seem like an average win after we beat yalls daddy week6. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Should play it at The Mecca in Nerdland. Lawd knows it would be better than that mess called MCM. 

PAM is trying to find its place and find a rival. WB doesn't want to be yalls. They have the Beaumont bowl. Nederland and PNG have MCM even though several of PAM posters have said they are glad to be back in the district against rival MC schools. Then vidor tries and be Nederlands rival and the dogs are usually like wth. So I think vidor and Pam should be rivals lmao.

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

PAM is trying to find its place and find a rival. WB doesn't want to be yalls. They have the Beaumont bowl. Nederland and PNG have MCM even though several of PAM posters have said they are glad to be back in the district against rival MC schools. Then vidor tries and be Nederlands rival and the dogs are usually like wth. So I think vidor and Pam should be rivals lmao.

Might happen, week11 for the district title, glad you brought that up, thx. 

21 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Like I said, cool. Foster isn't a powerhouse either because they've never been past the third round. Neither has FB Elkins or FB Ridge Point before they beat us last year. I'm just learning all types of new information today. Thanks and keep it coming.  

As long as you have some grip on reality that's fine. :)

18 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Honestly TJ was the biggest rival until the mid 80s... MCM kinda took over after that.... Would love to type more but I am still polishing up the ole Encyclopedia............... #shortmansyndrome

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I do, today I've learned that realistically Manvel is the only 5A powerhouse in Houston since no other team have more playoff wins than us either.  

So where are all the rings then???  I guess they stop the playoffs at the second round?

2 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Honestly TJ was the biggest rival until the mid 80s... MCM kinda took over after that.... Would love to type more but I am still polishing up the ole Encyclopedia............... #shortmansyndrome

Sorry bro but MCM isn't a rivalry anymore. Last time Png won I believe these players were in Elementary School. Its like saying WB vs Central is a rivalry game, WB hasn't lost since damn near my senior year of HS to those guys lmao.