10 4A D1 Predictions

3 minutes ago, RattlerBlue said:

When you predict a power program like Navasota to come in 2nd and 3rd place, you are underestimating the team.

If Navasota was still in that weak Htown district and ppl predicted a 2nd or 3rd place finish THAT would be underestimating the team IMO. Replacing a 3yr starter at QB and possibly the best WR to play txhsfb and Fedora along with a few other players might be a little bit tougher this time around as far as reloading. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

If Navasota was still in that weak Htown district and ppl predicted a 2nd or 3rd place finish THAT would be underestimating the team IMO. Replacing a 3yr starter at QB and possibly the best WR to play txhsfb and Fedora along with a few other players might be a little bit tougher this time around as far as reloading.

It's not like we are joining a district with Carthage, Kilgore, Henderson, etc.. teams that have proven that they are an elite program. Yes, Navasota lost their Coach... SO did Silsbee.. Yes, Navasota lost their QB, their best receiver... We get that... With a program as talented as Navasota, why do you feel as it will be "a little bit tougher this time around as far as reloading"?

Again, Navasota, like WOS, has always and will always have talent. Check the history books. Your assessment is null and void.

3 minutes ago, RattlerBlue said:

It's not like we are joining a district with Carthage, Kilgore, Henderson, etc.. teams that have proven that they are an elite program. Yes, Navasota lost their Coach... SO did Silsbee.. Yes, Navasota lost their QB, their best receiver... We get that... With a program as talented as Navasota, why do you feel as it will be "a little bit tougher this time around as far as reloading"?

Again, Navasota, like WOS, has always and will always have talent. Check the history books. Your assessment is null and void.

We shall see when district play rolls around. 

44 minutes ago, RattlerBlue said:

Garrity was wrong once about HS football. I believe it was back in 1984

28 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I think BC will be better than what ppl think.

Wonder how many folks thought they overachieved last season…… 

that's why i'm going to check them out vs. Brock

I need to see what they got going on.....i'll have to revise my games schedule, LOL

2 hours ago, RattlerBlue said:

It doesn't matter if a young La Vega team is anywhere close to being as good as they were last year.

I'm not predicting a run at a state championship but I don't see Navasota not winning their new district.

So you are underestimating Silsbee as well as the other teams in the district.

This is not that weak Houston district Navasota was in last season. If you sleep on Silsbee or HH shoot I will throw in BC, Navasota will get beat.

1/2 Navasota, Silsbee

3 Bridge City

4 Cleveland

5 Huffman

6 LCM

Bridge City has the potential to upset either of the top 2 teams. Would not be surprised to see a 3 way tie at the top. Got a nephew that plays for Cleveland and all he keeps telling me is how much better they are so I gotta go with the fam for the 4th and final playoff spot.

Yes navasota did loose the qb wr and coach. Thwy have a tradition when baker, mcginty, amd collins left after the 2012 state championships team we heard the same ish. This is no diffrent yed we have a new qb but he went 10-0 on jv. The key will be trying to stop the rb phillio dude is a savage. Our D will be 1 of the states best alot pf players a returning.

1 hour ago, Mr.Green Jeans said:

The Tigers may start the season a little slow, but expect them to make a December playoff run.

Tigers having their SAC this week. Three New football coaches in attendance today and I believe this is first time that the camp is Co-ed.  7 Lady Tigers working out as well.

Lots of energy is the word.

On Monday, June 06, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Pepper Brooks said:

So you are underestimating Silsbee as well as the other teams in the district.

This is not that weak Houston district Navasota was in last season. If you sleep on Silsbee or HH shoot I will throw in BC, Navasota will get beat.

No, I am not sleeping on Silsbee or any other team for that matter. Whether Navasota was in the HISD district or not, Navasota will be Navasota, period. It is no secrete that HISD was and will probably always be a horrible district. It was a nightmare for us Rattlers fans having to live with that for 2 years.

Again, Navasota will be fine. And, if they happen to get beat, it won't be the first or last time for the Rattlers to lose.

Side note: There is a big difference in thinking that you are "good" versus proving year in and year out that you are "good". Then when you play the real deal and get donkey stomped, it all starts to make sense. The same thing happen to my Rattlers in 2007 after losing to Liberty Hill. Perception, perception, perception!!

3 hours ago, RattlerBlue said:

No, I am not sleeping on Silsbee or any other team for that matter. Whether Navasota was in the HISD district or not, Navasota will be Navasota, period. It is no secrete that HISD was and will probably always be a horrible district. It was a nightmare for us Rattlers fans having to live with that for 2 years.

Again, Navasota will be fine. And, if they happen to get beat, it won't be the first or last time for the Rattlers to lose.

Side note: There is a big difference in thinking that you are "good" versus proving year in and year out that you are "good". Then when you play the real deal and get donkey stomped, it all starts to make sense. The same thing happen to my Rattlers in 2007 after losing to Liberty Hill. Perception, perception, perception!!

Donkey Stomped.  LoL.   What an image and brings back some past matchups.

• 4 months later...