Silsbee Summer League & League Tourney

My point is this.... The Buna Boys played all four quarters with only one sub that showed up after the half and they played a tight game with Silsbee and everyone else they played all weekend... Open had 6 players Friday but on Saturday they had 8 and they only beat Buna by 2... Give the Buna boys some credit.... This group of boys deserve it.... This season will be one to watch... They have great chemistry on and off the court... It's been awhile since Buna has had this...

29 minutes ago, Tyra456 said:

My point is this.... The Buna Boys played all four quarters with only one sub that showed up after the half and they played a tight game with Silsbee and everyone else they played all weekend... Open had 6 players Friday but on Saturday they had 8 and they only beat Buna by 2... Give the Buna boys some credit.... This group of boys deserve it.... This season will be one to watch... They have great chemistry on and off the court... It's been awhile since Buna has had this...

If you want a moral victory and happy with that there is the credit. Silsbee was missing  key players pretty sure Ozen was too but in a regular season game

pretty sure would not have been that close. But I hope Buna does well this year but you have to realize you're talking about some power house schools here.

I know they are powerhouse schools... They should have blown Buna away even with missing key players but they didn't... So IMO the Buna boys should be given credit for hanging in there and keeping the score close... Buna isn't a powerhouse but they do have some boys with a lot of talent and will go far this year... The Connell boys are always making things happen... 

27 minutes ago, Tyra456 said:

I know they are powerhouse schools... They should have blown Buna away even with missing key players but they didn't... So IMO the Buna boys should be given credit for hanging in there and keeping the score close... Buna isn't a powerhouse but they do have some boys with a lot of talent and will go far this year... The Connell boys are always making things happen... 

Ok if you say so congrats  Buna!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Lol i shouldve told the kids we get rings and a ceremony if we do well in "SILSBEE" summer league. I mean its a blessing to play in it and all 

No winners or losers in summer league play. Every time a sub varsity kid hits the floor (and this happens often), it concedes the "win". Teams are out there just getting playing time for kids on ALL levels.

5 minutes ago, winwin said:

No winners or losers in summer league play. Every time a sub varsity kid hits the floor (and this happens often), it concedes the "win". Teams are out there just getting playing time for kids on ALL levels.

Uh I haven't seen many games where Silsbee didn't put an underclass an on the floor and haven't seen many we lost..........

26 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Uh I haven't seen many games where Silsbee didn't put an underclass an on the floor and haven't seen many we lost..........

That's not what I'm talking about. Example.....in the Ozen league, Silsbee beat Kelly 44-39. I played 4 kids who won't even be starters on our JV team. And neither team had all of our starters there. So the coaches aren't TRYING to win. Just get the kids playing time. In Ozens case, IF the coach,Mr. Mamba :) just played his top 6 or 7 players, they wouldn't be "losing" games. But he is playing 12 deep and rotating these guys equally. Just pointing out that summer leagues aren't for winning or losing....just playing time. And yes Silsbee obviously has the best and deepest team in the area. 

31 minutes ago, ST413 said:

And tonight we will play Ozen without 2 of our starters. Win or lose, we all win because these guys are playing and not sitting around on the Xbox LOL

38 minutes ago, winwin said:

And tonight we will play Ozen without 2 of our starters. Win or lose, we all win because these guys are playing and not sitting around on the Xbox LOL

Then why make comments "thank God it's over"? If it's all good, "winning or losing", then one would want to continue to play and not be glad it's over.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Then why make comments "thank God it's over"? If it's all good, "winning or losing", then one would want to continue to play and not be glad it's over.

Well considering I never said "thank God its over", your comment makes no sense. You just took part of something I said and part of something Mamba said and made it my statement. 

4 hours ago, winwin said:

That's not what I'm talking about. Example.....in the Ozen league, Silsbee beat Kelly 44-39. I played 4 kids who won't even be starters on our JV team. And neither team had all of our starters there. So the coaches aren't TRYING to win. Just get the kids playing time. In Ozens case, IF the coach,Mr. Mamba :) just played his top 6 or 7 players, they wouldn't be "losing" games. But he is playing 12 deep and rotating these guys equally. Just pointing out that summer leagues aren't for winning or losing....just playing time. And yes Silsbee obviously has the best and deepest team in the area. 

Yes I know rthis is for experience. By the way this last game here in a minute might be the most fun to watch, Silsbee vs. Silsbee.

Yes i said thank GOD its over not because i dont want the kids to play but because of the scheduling and the every week grind, im sure WinWin can understand we dedicate alot of time to these young men 7 days a week sometimes. i love everyone of my kids and will go to bat for them at anytime but theres an end for everything  it wasnt anything personal. But of course you love to go there Aggies its cool you guys have talent and ive ALWAYS said im for the kid its the ADULTS i cant stand.