Silsbee Summer League & League Tourney

5 minutes ago, winwin said:

Not sure about Michael but I believe Devon is still not cleared from the head injury he sustained in the State Championship game. I talked to him last night and seems to be himself....laughing and having a good time

He looked fine in that video I seen of him throwing an alley-oop off the wall behind the backboard and slamming it home. :)

Ozen have a all right looking team, but Silsbee will be to much! Silsbee doesn't have their best talent on the same  team they have 3 teams with the talent divided! Silsbee have  decent height but will make up for it with the kids jumping out the gym...Jones and Tyler had limited minutes last night but looked good on the hard wood and the soon to be freshman Bush range is crazy! Silsbee should have a outstanding year in sports next year....I talking about every sport soccer, baseball,track, football, and basketball!

51 minutes ago, Bmt_4now said:

Ozen have a all right looking team, but Silsbee will be to much! Silsbee doesn't have their best talent on the same  team they have 3 teams with the talent divided! Silsbee have  decent height but will make up for it with the kids jumping out the gym...Jones and Tyler had limited minutes last night but looked good on the hard wood and the soon to be freshman Bush range is crazy! Silsbee should have a outstanding year in sports next year....I talking about every sport soccer, baseball,track, football, and basketball!

That Ozen game was a combination of two of those 3 teams Bush, Jones, Landon Tyler , and Adams all played in the first game.  Still missed some like Harris that weren't in that last game.  

As far as Devon, he is cleared for workouts but not game play.   In that last game I thought Jones and Tyler's minutes were pretty close to the norm for the team although being outside of basketball season they were all out of breath a little faster than normal. 

As far as our sports year I think you are correct although not sure about the soccer part.  Besides Braylon, amongst the new guys, I was impressed with Calvin's speed and quickness.  Both Jones and Curlys size and athleticism will be great to have as well.  Saw  Curly hit a couple 3s as well.

2 hours ago, ST413 said:

As far as our sports year I think you are correct although not sure about the soccer part.  

Silsbee moving to a new district for 2016-17

District 19

Center, Diboll, Jasper, Lufkin-Hudson, Silsbee

Silsbee Girls get out from under HJ only to land under Jasper.  Both teams have phenomenal club players.

Silsbee girls lose three seniors in Waters/Apshire/LeBlanc with Waters & Apshire both 1st Team All-District

Silsbee boys return a team with some very good and young talent.  Look for them to make a splash now that they don't play the likes of HJ & HF.

Both make playoffs. 

jmo

6 hours ago, ST413 said:

That Ozen game was a combination of two of those 3 teams Bush, Jones, Landon Tyler , and Adams all played in the first game.  Still missed some like Harris that weren't in that last game.  

As far as Devon, he is cleared for workouts but not game play.   In that last game I thought Jones and Tyler's minutes were pretty close to the norm for the team although being outside of basketball season they were all out of breath a little faster than normal. 

As far as our sports year I think you are correct although not sure about the soccer part.  Besides Braylon, amongst the new guys, I was impressed with Calvin's speed and quickness.  Both Jones and Curlys size and athleticism will be great to have as well.  Saw  Curly hit a couple 3s as well.

Yes soccer also, I hear that some of the seniors next year that play football will play soccer! Speed kills....

3 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Silsbee moving to a new district for 2016-17

District 19

Center, Diboll, Jasper, Lufkin-Hudson, Silsbee

Silsbee Girls get out from under HJ only to land under Jasper.  Both teams have phenomenal club players.

Silsbee girls lose three seniors in Waters/Apshire/LeBlanc with Waters & Apshire both 1st Team All-District

Silsbee boys return a team with some very good and young talent.  Look for them to make a splash now that they don't play the likes of HJ & HF.

Both make playoffs. 

jmo

Great I just know little of the soccer teams.

1 hour ago, thegoat said:

Didn't get a chance to make it to the games Tuesday hopefully I make it by Ozen today and see some of this talent that you guys are talking about don't know too many of the kids. What time do they start playing today?

There is a schedule on the previous page.

3 hours ago, thegoat said:

Didn't get a chance to make it to the games Tuesday hopefully I make it by Ozen today and see some of this talent that you guys are talking about don't know too many of the kids. What time do they start playing today?

Silsbee plays Kelly at 6.  Each week there are 4 games scheduled at Ozen 2 games at 6 and 2 more at 7.

On 6/8/2016 at 10:12 AM, ST413 said:

As far as my Tigers go, it was good to see the new guys out there. This team can be scary good.  No big height but  decent size with 3 or 4 players 6'3 or 6'4. Several dunks and some good shooting.  Free throws of course were off last night but many players haven't been on the court for a while. We will have another freshman who contributes this year in Bush.  My first time seeing him and he was very impressive, littlest guy  on the court and still scoring on the big guys inside and about unlimited shooting range, along with great ball handling skills.  

The  Tigers only had 5 returnees from the varsity roster(regular season) participate last night, without both McCains and Mackey.  There will very few rebounds to be found this year whenBarnes is on the court.  If he keeps improving at the rate he has been he should be a big recruit in both football and basketball.

The coaches are going to have many options as far as lineup possibilities this year.  Possibly a line up all over 6' with Devon at point. Or small and speedy, oh which may be even faster than last year. 

Going to be another good year to be a Tiger!! 

Bush will start at the 1 Devin at the 2

2 hours ago, Silsbeealum14 said:

Bush will start at the 1 Devin at the 2

I am not going to guess really lots of directions the coaches can go. I am sure it will be the same 5 for 5 scheme from last year but you could go little and fast or start a big lineup with Devon at pt.. Great options to have.  

8 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Were the football players there?

Michael McCain was but Tre Jones and Lil C werent. Silsbee beat Kelly 44-39

Ozen beat Lumberton big.

Central beat West Brook by 5

Not sure how the other Ozen vs Memorial game finished. Went into OT