Silsbee Summer League & League Tourney

Michael McCain sprained his ankle pretty bad last night but just found out its not broken should be out a month or so. All teams at the Ozen summer league has some good looking players a lot of talent in this area. Kelly gonna be a good team this year plety of potential on that team.Central has a lot of height they are long looks to be pretty good. Westbrook has size also got Parquet over there he looked good. Ozen looked nice also. Silsbee is really deep I honestly think the lineups will change depending on what's needed for each game and you can kinda always tell who the starters are when its 2 min left and tie ball game. People always get caught up in who starts its who finishes Coach Sigler has a problem that every coach in the area would love to have talent talent talent

Yes in the Tigers case I don't think I would necessarily be concerned with starters as much as who the finishers are.  We may once again have 2 squads that are pretty even and could start but at the end of those tight ones it will come down to those finishers.  And remember as far as depth we were missing at least 4 who will be big parts of the team this year.

2 hours ago, ST413 said:

Yes in the Tigers case I don't think I would necessarily be concerned with starters as much as who the finishers are.  We may once again have 2 squads that are pretty even and could start but at the end of those tight ones it will come down to those finishers.  And remember as far as depth we were missing at least 4 who will be big parts of the team this year.

If Silsbee had to varsity teams this year, one would be ranked first in the state and the other would be ranked third and they would probably play each other for the state championship lol. Must be nice to have that type of depth

1 hour ago, winwin said:

If Silsbee had to varsity teams this year, one would be ranked first in the state and the other would be ranked third and they would probably play each other for the state championship lol. Must be nice to have that type of depth

I would like to be at practice should be some intense practice where the first unit win some and some days the second unit win some be tough go at one another practice.

40 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

Is silsbee really going to the jasper district with Diboll and center and lufkin Hudson if so that is a stronger district than our current district 

Who told you that? Silsbee will be in the district with Bridge City, Hamshire-Fannett, LC-M, Orangefield and WO-S.

17 hours ago, MBaller#1 said:

Silsbee 92 posted silsbee moving to a new district on this particular topic on the prior page I don't know if he is joking or not but I just wanted to know

Yeah, my bad.  Answered a question about Soccer on this topic.  Sorry for the confusion. 

Didn't stay long myself.  Saw most of that first game but Silsbee was missing a lot of players of course no McCains no Tre Lowe all out with injuries.  Did have Mackey and Harris and Adonis Thomas, Bass and Llandon Tyler from last years playoff squad but we're missing Barnes, Tre Jones, Calvin Tyler, and Newton. They beat Lumberton by about 20. Watched most of the second game which was Silsbee vs Silsbee mostly underclassmen with a few from the first game.  A fairly close game.  Really neither game had much excitement.  

Schedule Changed for next week, 6/21 

JUNE  21                                            

5:30   Lumberton 2 VS Kirbyville     

6:15   Silsbee 1 VS Ozen                   

7:00   Lumberton 1 VS Silsbee 2

7:45   Silsbee 3 VS Kelly