Silsbee Summer League & League Tourney

Silsbee lost a game this morning to Center without several players who were at a 7 on 7 tourney, and Bush.  They played the same Center team in the finals and beat them by about 12 I believe.  The Tigers have 8 players returning from the regular season team last year, they won this game without 5 of them both McCains, Newton, Mackey and Barnes as well as missing Bush.

12 hours ago, ST413 said:

Silsbee lost a game this morning to Center without several players who were at a 7 on 7 tourney, and Bush.  They played the same Center team in the finals and beat them by about 12 I believe.  The Tigers have 8 players returning from the regular season team last year, they won this game without 5 of them both McCains, Newton, Mackey and Barnes as well as missing Bush.

The Evans kid at Center is a beast. 

1 hour ago, no-look said:

The Evans kid at Center is a beast. 

Yep they say he man handled Silsbee in the first game, but the second time they played Silsbee it was a different story! Silsbee had more fire power with the football kids being there! They say Tyler had him locked down and Jones was going to the rack hard dunking on Center and  Silsbee won with ease...

18 hours ago, RunninRebels said:

Can somebody post some results from this tournament?  I wanted to make it out there, but the wife already had plans for my weekend.  Who won the whole thing?  Any big games?  What teams and players performed well?

I would first recommend that you focus on being "da man" in your house and go wherever you decide YOU want to go.

2 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

After Ozen playing 4 games 2 which were back to back Buna had  a last seond shot go in to win by 1. Then Ozen beat the them in bracket play the nexy day. Buna also gave Silsbee a scare they won that by 4 i think . I thin that Buna group has great chemistry together. 

They lost to Silsbee by 6. I've been saying this buna team will be one of the top 10 3A teams in the state. They should be the co-favorites for the district title with EC. 

9 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

They lost to Silsbee by 6. I've been saying this buna team will be one of the top 10 3A teams in the state. They should be the co-favorites for the district title with EC. 

Put Buna on the  schedule and I  promise Silsbee will beat them by 25 plus! Not taking anything from Buna but no match for Silsbee! This is the same Buna team Legacy beat by 15 plus twice last basketball season...Silsbee needs to put every player  that's gonna be on varsity on the same summer league  team and stop  dividing the talent!

Really not going to get much out of the summer leagues. Most teams are playing sub varsity players just to get them on the floor. Building for the future. Plus not all the kids are there every week. We (Kelly) will play tonight without three of our starters. But that just gives some of our JV kids a chance to get some minutes.

No doubt. That Buna team is not that good. Perhaps a playoff team but you still got to beat the champ to be the champ. EC going to be tough, Ktz will be back to make a run as they "always" do. And look for a scrappy Hardin team to make a run at a playoff spot, only lost 1 senior, with a new coach that was a star for Joubert back in the early mid 2000's.

52 minutes ago, Bmt_4now said:

Put Buna on the  schedule and I  promise Silsbee will beat them by 25 plus! Not taking anything from Buna but no match for Silsbee! This is the same Buna team Legacy beat by 15 plus twice last basketball season...Silsbee needs to put every player  that's gonna be on varsity on the same summer league  team and stop  dividing the talent!

All Silsbee players played on one team in the tourney(at least the bracket part) problem is many were out for various reasons at least part of the time.  

5 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

After Ozen playing 4 games 2 which were back to back Buna had  a last seond shot go in to win by 1. Then Ozen beat the them in bracket play the nexy day. Buna also gave Silsbee a scare they won that by 4 i think . I thin that Buna group has great chemistry together. 

They do indeed.  They've been playing together a long time.  And summer/fall leagues are pretty meaningless.  

Take it from me guys.  As I said last season, I'm going to just start taking mamba's word on the state of ozen basketball.  Tired of eating crow...

8 hours ago, Bmt_4now said:

Well of course I know buna would lose by a lot during the season. I was saying that particular game was lost by 6 and not 4. Silsbee has more talent and depth. A lot more athleticism. But like Mamba said they have great chemistry due to them making deep runs in youth ball since 2nd grade. I'd give them a shot against any team in 3A.