Silsbee Summer League & League Tourney

Silsbee will be hosting their Summer League every Tuesday in June. 8 teams, $25 per player.

Dates are June 7, 14, 21 and 28. Game times start at 5pm.

Silsbee Summer League Tournament

June 17-18

16 teams (4 pools of 4, guarantee of 4 games)

$160 per team (High school teams only)

Contact info for League and Tourney:

Coach Ira Brooks

409-980-7877

cell # 409-791-1966

email: [email protected]

this will be a good opportunity for alot of area teams to get some good work but more importantly help coach sig get a good rotation down before the spring off season. with all of the new players coming in the quicker they gel the more dangerous they will be. I hope all bmt teams and hj decide to come...

5 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I remember the 1st Silsbee Summer League back in 1996 at the old high school. Before AAU, all the best players from Silsbee, Port Arthur, Beaumont, and the entire area would attend and it was very competitive. Hopefully all the best players play this year. 

You mean before the NCAA got involved and started having those "open dates" for them to be able to attend the summer events to watch the players.

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

You mean before the NCAA got involved and started having those "open dates" for them to be able to attend the summer events to watch the players.

Silsbee is working their league around those "open dates". So that cant be the reason for the drop off.

4 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I remember the 1st Silsbee Summer League back in 1996 at the old high school. Before AAU, all the best players from Silsbee, Port Arthur, Beaumont, and the entire area would attend and it was very competitive. Hopefully all the best players play this year. 

Yep. We (Kountze) had a team also. I was a young pup (freshman) trying to play with the big dogs... Lol! Those games went down multiple times a week! 

• 3 weeks later...

I like the fact that alot of coaches are taking their program back to the way thing use to be done. I am an on the fence advocate of AAU ball only because I am a true advocate of team basketball.  AAU ball is awesome for allowing kids the opportunity to play against the best and get more exposure. but it will never replace the bond a school team can have by playing together throughout the summer.

Both are good points. But I would think the Silsbee coaches were smart enough to schedule their league so it does not interfere with AAU or summerball. 

2 hours ago, Barney Fife said:

I like the fact that alot of coaches are taking their program back to the way thing use to be done. I am an on the fence advocate of AAU ball only because I am a true advocate of team basketball.  AAU ball is awesome for allowing kids the opportunity to play against the best and get more exposure. but it will never replace the bond a school team can have by playing together throughout the summer.

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Both are good points. But I would think the Silsbee coaches were smart enough to schedule their league so it does not interfere with AAU or summerball. 

Yes they are smart. Nothing important happening in summer ball or AAU in June. Ozen also has a league in June. Silsbee league on Tuesday nights and Ozen league on Thursday nights

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, thegoat said:

Heard Ozen summer league starts tomorrow. It will be good for kids to get back in gym and play against different kids.

The games at Ozen tonight have been cancelled due to weather. The Ozen league will start next Thursday. Silsbee league starts next Tuesday unless we all float away! lol