Spring Football

TradenupBH

30 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

BH will be doing Spring football to implement the new offense and defense. According to my son May 2nd. I don't know who we scrimmage though. Football field just added a very large scoreboard and sound system. Anyone else doing Spring football?

I think it will be an intersquad scrimmage.

Is May 2nd when the scrimmage is scheduled.  I am in that neck of the woods now so I might pop on over and see that.

6 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I think it will be an intersquad scrimmage.

Is May 2nd when the scrimmage is scheduled.  I am in that neck of the woods now so I might pop on over and see that.

May 2nd is when practice starts. I don't know how many weeks they go though. Scrimmage I would think would be at the end of Spring football.

19 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

BH will be doing Spring football to implement the new offense and defense. According to my son May 2nd. I don't know who we scrimmage though. Football field just added a very large scoreboard and sound system. Anyone else doing Spring football?

NO spring football in NED......nothing to see here.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

It will definitely be different. My son has been telling me how they call plays, audibles, reading defense on routes,etc. Don't know how good we'll be, but have to be a scholar to learn the plays. Lol

I think the hill will be a top three contender in district this year -

• 2 weeks later...

Who's playing quarterback for BH next year? One of the freshman qbs that will be a sophomore next year or the baseball kid that will be a senior but hasn't played since he was a freshman? Someone else? Whoever it is will probably have a rough adjustment period once district starts, BH plays Vidor which doesn't get you ready for anybody else and Santa Fe before lining it up with Crosby to start district for the 5th year in a row.

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Who's playing quarterback for BH next year? One of the freshman qbs that will be a sophomore next year or the baseball kid that will be a senior but hasn't played since he was a freshman? Someone else? Whoever it is will probably have a rough adjustment period once district starts, BH plays Vidor which doesn't get you ready for anybody else and Santa Fe before lining it up with Crosby to start district for the 5th year in a row.

remind me who steps in to replace Cotton for you guys... Netherly?

2 hours ago, dayton said:

remind me who steps in to replace Cotton for you guys... Netherly?

Mannie Netherly, committed to A&M to play receiver but depending on who you ask he probably could've been the guy last year. With Williams and Grace back there I would think that it should be the fastest backfield in 5A next year.

10 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Mannie Netherly, committed to A&M to play receiver but depending on who you ask he probably could've been the guy last year. With Williams and Grace back there I would think that it should be the fastest backfield in 5A next year.

Great speed back there for sure.

10 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

We have 3 Sophs and 3 Freshmen. No upper classmen that I know of. Several kids have switched to WR. We have kids that can sling it, but it's going to be an adjustment period. We'll see how it goes.  They're already learning the plays and such, but things change once pads are put on. We shall see.