Livingston

oldschool2

Is there going to be any kind of consequence for the fact that they turned in fewer numbers than they really had?  Didn't that kind of mess up several pre-season schedules?

Or is it going to be "swept under the rug" and treated as tho they didn't mean to do it?  Just curious.

2 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Is there going to be any kind of consequence for the fact that they turned in fewer numbers than they really had?  Didn't that kind of mess up several pre-season schedules?

Or is it going to be "swept under the rug" and treated as tho they didn't mean to do it?  Just curious.

I have heard that further sanctions might be coming down the pike for Livingston, but nothing definite.

I read the letter from the Superintendent. I understand that it was illegal, but at the same time should students that are never going to be eligible for UIL competitions be counted as a part of the schools attendance? I mean this for all schools. For the schools that are close to dropping it could help the students that can play or participate in UIL.

If the Superintendent did turn in the number on accident because he or she did not know the actual rule on Alternative Placement students then I do not think their should be punishment. If he or she did then something, but nothing against the students who did not know better.

Seems like part of their punishment is their district. According to the latest UIL alignments, 2 other schools were affected by their new numbers.

Livingston has been placed in 22-5A for all sports
Baytown Lee has been moved to 21-5A in every sport except football (it will remain 22-5A for that)
Caney Creek has been moved to 20-5A in every sport except football (it will remain 21-5A for that) 

• 3 weeks later...
On March 2, 2016 at 5:14 PM, RaiderRed30 said:

Seems like part of their punishment is their district. According to the latest UIL alignments, 2 other schools were affected by their new numbers.

Livingston has been placed in 22-5A for all sports
Baytown Lee has been moved to 21-5A in every sport except football (it will remain 22-5A for that)
Caney Creek has been moved to 20-5A in every sport except football (it will remain 21-5A for that) 

Yep. Not sure how 21-5A getting 10 teams in all sports except football is fair. Why create an 8 & 10 team district? Why not two 9 team districts?

59 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Yep. Not sure how 21-5A getting 10 teams in all sports except football is fair. Why create an 8 & 10 team district? Why not two 9 team districts?

10 teams is easier than 9 for scheduling. Was surprised at first Caney Creek was going to change but UIL smartly reversed course within a week.

With a 9 team district you play everyone twice for 16 district games over 18 dates. That is a lot of games and in baseball and softball, it is every possible game but one.

With a 10 team district, the teams are divided into two zones and play the teams in their zone twice and the other zone once. This equals 13 district games over 13 dates. Much easier for other sports with game limits, plus no byes. If the district teams choose to they can play a 14th game between the 1st place teams for district championship, 2 and 3 cross zone for the 3rd and 4th playoff spot, and then 4 and 5 would play each other. I

On March 19, 2016 at 2:13 PM, RaiderRed30 said:

10 teams is easier than 9 for scheduling. Was surprised at first Caney Creek was going to change but UIL smartly reversed course within a week.

With a 9 team district you play everyone twice for 16 district games over 18 dates. That is a lot of games and in baseball and softball, it is every possible game but one.

With a 10 team district, the teams are divided into two zones and play the teams in their zone twice and the other zone once. This equals 13 district games over 13 dates. Much easier for other sports with game limits, plus no byes. If the district teams choose to they can play a 14th game between the 1st place teams for district championship, 2 and 3 cross zone for the 3rd and 4th playoff spot, and then 4 and 5 would play each other. I

Nice reply. I see what your saying and agree with you.  Thanks for your insight.