Who is going to make the biggest rise/fall from last season?

Kegger

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Silsbee fan is more than willing to proclaim that their departed QB was the best in SETX.... losing him will hurt a lot more.

Silsbee's fast offense doesn't mean alot when their defense gave up points as fast as the offense could score them. 

Smh, it meant enough.

Regional Finals.  True enough that defense was a big issue, but I'll take Ws over Ls any day.  In the end you still need SOME offense and not having a good enough offense (enter most of the teams who lost to Silsbee here) to overcome a poor defense, well you don't get the Ws, thus ending the argument stated above.

Keep breathing the WOS air, but at least their argument for the better QB and team can be a valid argument.

There is always next year.

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

The last time I checked, WOS has 4 championships, BC has 1, and if you add up all of Silsbee's SCs, they have exactly zero.  

But you guys DID manage to go a few rounds last year.  Congrats.  

Thanks, but as it now stands, it is 3.

Shooting for No. 4 this year!

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

The last time I checked, WOS has 4 championships, BC has 1, and if you add up all of Silsbee's SCs, they have exactly zero.  

But you guys DID manage to go a few rounds last year.  Congrats.  

Misdirection to new topic since the last argument fell apart.  

Generally, Silsbee goes a "few rounds" in most of the sports. Of course that will never be enough until a championship. How will we live with ourselves...

Oh yeah...I remember. Lol.

On Thursday, March 03, 2016 at 9:33 AM, CardinalBacker said:

Dubois little brother will be starting.  He took all of the JV snaps and has been in the system for years.  He brings more of a passing threat than the older brother did.  Dearing will be missed.

However, Dearing wasn't a All-World Baylor Commit like Silsbee lost. Our entire O-line is returning... and they were very underrated as a unit last season.  Silsbee fan is more than willing to proclaim that their departed QB was the best in SETX.... losing him will hurt a lot more than losing big Dubois.  Our horse running back is returning as a senior, and the rest of the backfield should be healthy this year.

Silsbee's fast offense doesn't mean alot when their defense gave up points as fast as the offense could score them.  Whichever team figures out how to play defense will be fighting Navasota for the DC.  At least that's how I see it.  But Huffman definitely needs to be in the conversation, and it's not impossible for LCM and/or Cleveland to get their act together and make some noise in the district.

I heard his little brother is just as effective in that offense, hopefully the lack of varsity experience doesn't impact him running that offense. You are definitely correct about the O-Line. I think they will still have good size, as the two tackles coming up are at about 6'3 and 6'2. They will HAVE to have a tremendous off-season, but I think we may end up alright in the OL positions. In all honesty, this district could end in many different scenarios.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...