2016 Dallas Cowboys

20 hours ago, baddog said:

Terry Bradshaw says he would bench a healthy Romo for Dak Prescott.

Lol.  Consider the source.  Dak is a good option if Romo goes out and breaks his collarbone again the first game back but its still Romo's team for a couple of more years if he lasts that long.

58 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Lol.  Consider the source.  Dak is a good option if Romo goes out and breaks his collarbone again the first game back but its still Romo's team for a couple of more years if he lasts that long.

Just reporting the facts. We can digest them any way we choose. It's really a toss up to me. I think it's Romo's team, but I also believe in, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." If Dak beats the Bengals and GB, it will be a very tough decision, especially if he knocks of GB in GB.

For the life of me I can't understand the controversy , Dak should be the starter plain & simple , now I will say I love Romo , was captivated by Romo-mania in 2007 , and I've been the victim of some excruciating interceptions , mishaps etc , we Cowboy fans know , but In saying that , what has Romo done in the biggest moment in his 10 year tenture , THIS team is special guys , and i feel it all starts with the two rookies , theyve given this team a spark plug boost , it's not like Dak is replacing a Super Bowl champion , this is a No brainer , but Jethro Jones the Owner/President/GM/Coach WILL screw this up , just watch..

Great news out of Frisco!!!

FRISCO, Texas – He wasn’t in uniform, but 

This is the hidden content, please
 took the field Wednesday for the Cowboys’ Wednesday morning practice – and it did not go unnoticed.

It’d be smart to again stress that Romo did not actually take part in practice. He was dressed out in gym clothes, not pads. But he did participate in individual drills and warm ups, lobbing passes to receivers and going through footwork with running backs.

It remains to be seen when Romo will officially return to practice full-time, as he continues his recovery from a broken vertebrae. But it certainly counts as a development to see him return to the field with the team, which he had not done in roughly two months.

FRISCO, Texas – 

once again turned heads as the Cowboys went through their third practice of the week on Thursday morning.

Much like he did on Wednesday, Romo participated in the individual drills and exercises that precede every Cowboys practice – but he did so with his helmet and shells, offering media members a chance to see him in uniform for the first time since Aug. 25.

Romo wore warmups when he participated in Wednesday morning’s practice, so it was a little bit easier to write off. But with the veteran quarterback donning his helmet and familiar No. 9 jersey, it was certain to draw even more attention than it already had.

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Romo is still working through his rehabilitation from injury, but he added that Romo looked good during Wednesday’s work.

“This is just the next step for him,” Garrett said. “He’s been throwing on his own. It’s good to see him back out on the field. He didn’t throw that many balls. He got integrated into the individual work, the routes on air and I thought he threw the ball well.”

Trying to think as if I were Romo. Sure, I'd be upset a little because a rookie is showing me up and has my team in a spot that we may not be in had I been healthy. He may also give us the best chance at winning another Superbowl. I also would be a realist. I am making 100s of millions of dollars sitting on the sideline carrying a clipboard. I could do that while yelling "Go Dak". Also, as a player, I shouldn't expect upper management to ahow any loyalty to me. After all, had they not hit me with the big bucks, I could have flown the coop as a free agent.

FRISCO, Texas – 

might have been a full participant at practice on Wednesday, but he’s still in the midst of his progression back from injury.

For proof, look no further than his role in the first session of the week’s activities – scout team quarterback.

With 

continuing to work as the starting quarterback ahead of this weekend’s game in Pittsburgh, Romo filled the familiar backup role on the scout team, helping to prepare the starting defense for the game ahead.

Even with a layoff, Romo’s defensive teammates aren’t noticing a difference.

“He looks like Tony. Looked pretty good slinging the ball around – got some juice to him,” said 

It’s been more than two months since the veteran quarterback suffered a compression fracture to his vertebrae at CenturyLink Field in Seattle. Romo has been going through individual throwing sessions for several weeks now, but it’d be understandable if he wasn’t quite acclimated to team football.

In his work against the defensive starters, though, it doesn’t sound like the 36-year-old has missed a beat.

“He looks like he hasn’t missed a beat,” said 

. “His ability throw the ball – I always say, I’ve been here seven years and I haven’t been near a football when he goes against us just because of how great he is with his eyes, how quick he is with his release.”

Romo’s experience could pay dividends as the Cowboys prepare for a dynamic passing attack led by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Typically, scout team quarterbacks are backup and reserve quarterbacks – who don’t quite match the experience of Romo’s 127 career starts and four Pro Bowls.

“You’re getting a real look. He’s a guy that’s going to look you off. He’s checking at the line of scrimmage like it’s a real football game,” Carr said. “You’re getting as close to a Sunday look as you can with a scout team quarterback.”

Never is that more true than in Romo’s ability – and willingness – to take the defense off script during the course of a practice. In his bid to bounce back from a second-straight injury-plagued season, don’t count on Romo to take it easy on anyone.

“He still has to keep himself prepared, keep himself sharp to go out there and play his game, as well,” Carr said. “So he mixes it up. He tries to run the card, but if he sees something that will help us out as a defense, he’ll make sure he checks into it and make us better.”

All of this will be secondary to the coming conversation, which is bound to get louder now that Romo is a real participant at practice – will the Cowboys put him back in the starting role, or will they move forward with 

?

Regardless of how it plays out, it’s not something that’s currently troubling the Cowboys’ locker room.

“When I think about that, I think back to when we won the national championship my sophomore year in college,” said 

. “We had three different starting quarterbacks, and they all played at a high level. Whenever you have multiple guys that can compete at a high level, that’s nothing but a plus.”