2016 Dallas Cowboys

10 minutes ago, baddog said:

To me, it doesn't matter who we're playing, you still have to make the throws. I look at mechanics, pocket presence, and timing. Dak looks like he belongs.

Yeah all that is fine and well, I wanna see him go up against someone that actually has a good defense and him show pocket presence, timing and accuracy, im not gonna crown him…… yet. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Pretty sure he was born in Sulphur and moved to North West Louisiana afterwards. 

and that is where you are wrong. I personally know his family his grandparents and uncle lived in orange for many years. (The grandparents bounce between orange and vinton) I know his uncle Phillip for many years now and he is the one that worked with him in football and wanted him to be a mustang. He played pop warner football and was dominant on the field for the Mustangs. Before them moving off up around Alexandria, La area. His brother lives in port Arthur today and works out at Exygon and see him all the time it's not hard to spot him just like for the HUGE built guy with Mississippi state gear and simply ask him. He will tell you.

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

6-10 folks, lets just enjoy the ride and hope Jerrah gives up his position to his son in 2017. 

If and this is a big "if" we are healthy on offense, we are better than 6-10. Offense should dominate TOP with the backs which will protect  #9 and open things for the WRs and TEs. At worst at least to me, 8-8 is the record. At best, 10-6 and that will be close to winning the east. I say this because a good offense with a bad to average defense to me looks like a mediocre team, therefore the 8-8. However, as 2014s success and 2015s failures showed us, you need your premier players  healthy to win or even compete in the big moments in competitive games,

7 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

and that is where you are wrong. I personally know his family his grandparents and uncle lived in orange for many years. (The grandparents bounce between orange and vinton) I know his uncle Phillip for many years now and he is the one that worked with him in football and wanted him to be a mustang. He played pop warner football and was dominant on the field for the Mustangs. Before them moving off up around Alexandria, La area. His brother lives in port Arthur today and works out at Exygon and see him all the time it's not hard to spot him just like for the HUGE built guy with Mississippi state gear and simply ask him. He will tell you.

Im going off what Prescott actually says. Think I'll believe Dak for now :) . And I know where Bossier Parish is, Alexandria is Rapides which is central Louisiana. 

Now there is this, which isn't much but fwiw. 

This is the hidden content, please

6 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

If and this is a big "if" we are healthy on offense, we are better than 6-10. Offense should dominate TOP with the backs which will protect  #9 and open things for the WRs and TEs. At worst at least to me, 8-8 is the record. At best, 10-6 and that will be close to winning the east. I say this because a good offense with a bad to average defense to me looks like a mediocre team, therefore the 8-8. However, as 2014s success and 2015s failures showed us, you need your premier players  healthy to win or even compete in the big moments in competitive games,

Jerrah still the owner, GM and puppet master. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yeah all that is fine and well, I wanna see him go up against someone that actually has a good defense and him show pocket presence, timing and accuracy, im not gonna crown him…… yet. 

Not crowning him anything. Of course the big tests will come. Players on every team have to prove their worth. For now, this is preseason and he does not look like a rookie.....much better than Weeden and Cassell. As much as I like Moore, Dak should be 2nd string even if Moore was healthy. These are my opinions and probably the reasons I am not an NFL coach. 

2 minutes ago, baddog said:

Not crowning him anything. Of course the big tests will come. Players on every team have to prove their worth. For now, this is preseason and he does not look like a rookie.....much better than Weeden and Cassell. As much as I like Moore, Dak should be 2nd string even if Moore was healthy. These are my opinions and probably the reasons I am not an NFL coach. 

After last night I agree, might wanna put Showers in the convo for 3rd string honestly. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

After last night I agree, might wanna put Showers in the convo for 3rd string honestly. 

Agree. Showers looked good too. Playing time is essential and Moore is missing out. Offense will not be our problem. We will be like the team that lost to Denver 51-49, or whatever that final was......can't get even one important stop.

15 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Lucky!  I wish I knew his family lol. Love him

Some experts might say it's too early to get excited about him, but he definitely looked like he can handle playing at this level. I was very impressed by his accuracy and the timing on his throws. I'm not afraid to say that he's a better QB than Moore and Showers and should have no problem locking down the #1 backup role.

3 hours ago, JWB said:

Some experts might say it's too early to get excited about him, but he definitely looked like he can handle playing at this level. I was very impressed by his accuracy and the timing on his throws. I'm not afraid to say that he's a better QB than Moore and Showers and should have no problem locking down the #1 backup role.

Yeah, it was one preseason game, so I'm not excited yet.  But, he did look real good for that first half which is promising.  Honestly though, i would prefer to not see him in the regular season unless it is in garbage time.  If he can get a season or two in the backup role without being forced to start games that would be the best outcome.

24 minutes ago, JWB said:

I agree, but if we did lose Romo to injury I believe that Prescott if a better option than Moore, Cassel, or a Vick...I'm just praying that #9 stays healthy!

Exactly, and we know teams will go after Romo's shoulder. He goes down again, I think that may be it for him.

Just one pre-season game, but they play them for a reason. You have to see if what you got in practice transfers to the field in real time. I am positive that Dak proved that to the football world.