District favorite / least favorite gyms

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

In the district?  Ok, here it goes....

Least favorite,  Baytown Lee.  Feels like the entrance to the gym is like getting in a night club through the back door.  

Favorite is PN-G.  Very nice entrance with the Indian on the wall, nice lighting and you're not far from the court in the stands....

figured Nederland would of been your least favorite.....

Least favorite:  HF - antiquated with side goals hanging off everywhere obstructing views.  And MUCH less room than WOS.  

Favorite:  HJ - nice gym, plenty of room, and always nicely adorned in some form or fashion. Enjoyed the player's cutouts this year.  

Favorite gym in SETX is obviously EC with honorable mention to Evadale.  

38 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Least favorite:  HF - antiquated with side goals hanging off everywhere obstructing views.  And MUCH less room than WOS.  

Favorite:  HJ - nice gym, plenty of room, and always nicely adorned in some form or fashion. Enjoyed the player's cutouts this year.  

Favorite gym in SETX is obviously EC with honorable mention to Evadale.  

HF was my second in line for least favorite.  And yes smaller than WOS but are you sure the visitors section is smaller??  I know it never feels like it but may be due to the level of play and lack of interest by some fans.still at least the visitors have a whole side.

30 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Forgot about BH.  Never think of that district as SETX, even though I know they're in our coverage.  Just like the western 6A schools.  Speaking of, Channelview's gym is in the conversation. 

Never been to Channelviews...  But I didn't mention Crosby because they're not in setx.... But theirs might be one of the better ones  that I've been to....

10 minutes ago, ST413 said:

HF was my second in line for least favorite.  And yes smaller than WOS but are you sure the visitors section is smaller??  I know it never feels like it but may be due to the level of play and lack of interest by some fans.still at least the visitors have a whole side.

Not positive but at least the gym is bigger. HF's seems like a jr high or elementary gym. 

2 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Ozen is nice but I was impressed with Bridge City gym , i walked in and was instantly amazed. Very nice. But the best overall gym is EC . Baytown Lee and Central have the worst gyms sorry Soulja. 

It's true..  I agree about Central's and as stated in a previous post, Lee's gym imo is worse in district...  

On a side note, I love Ozen's roomy gym, but it would be better if the bleachers were closer to the court.  You feel distanced from the action at times...

2 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Ozen is nice but I was impressed with Bridge City gym , i walked in and was instantly amazed. Very nice. But the best overall gym is EC . Baytown Lee and Central have the worst gyms sorry Soulja. 

Yeah not in our district but that ratty old gym at Central is bad!

Worst - WOS Fans only get half a section and there is not a designated aisle, which makes it difficult for people to get around and the players chairs are against the bleachers. it just isn't easy for the elderly fans. Although the actual gym and space is nicer than HF.

Best- BC hands down. Nice seating, concession stand area with windows to watch the game. Silsbee has a nice gym, but you can't watch the game, if you want a drink or snack.