2015 Willie Ray Smith Finalists

WOSgrad

9 hours ago, 78Stang said:

Can anyone tell me exactly where the WOS & Silsbee quarterbacks where listed on the all-state teams? If there is a question about local media having a bias, then maybe a STATE wide pole would straighten things out for some people.

I knew this was coming.  Surprised it took so long.

Reading the comments from some of the guys who voted on this award explains why this award has been a joke for years and reasons why they should get people to vote who actually know about football. "How can you say a kid that had over 200 tackles shouldn't of been nominated for this award?" Well easy turn on the film...if what I saw on that kid hudl is the best defensive player in the area then man SETX is in bad shape. Furthermore lets talk about these 200 tackles that you guys love to speak of, if you don't know tackles ARE NOT official stats...so all tackles that were turned in for WRS nominations were from the coaching staffs of each player meaning no-one can confirm or deny them. So we have to look at those 200 tackles and take them with a grain of salt. I would think the people who's on the voting panel would know this kinda stuff smh. You would think these reporters would actually watch these kids before they make a vote instead of just looking at the stats. So if you turn on some film and watch Innis & Tims you'd know it was highway robbery, and I'll say it again from what I saw on the Tims kid hudl he shouldn't of been nominated for this award period. Innis is the 9th rated player in the country at his position along with being a 4 star recruit and going play for a premier big 12 school and you mean to tell me he isn't the best defense player in SETX? You've got to be kidding me man. As far as DT and JD goes DT is a much superior football player no matter how you try to slice it or dice it....he was the best offensive player in SETX and anybody with any sort of knowledge about football knows it. And another thing I want to point out you mean to tell me Devwah Whaley, Keith Corbin or Calvin Tyler weren't among the best players in setx? They weren't good enough to even be nominated for this award? You voters are terrible and have no knowledge of the game which is why this award is a joke. It's really a shame two kids weren't giving an award they very well deserved and worked hard for.

Lastly I beg those of you guys thats saying I'm hating to watch the film without your homer glasses on and judge unbiasedly without including team accomplishments etc. And honestly tell me who the best players were.

PS. WOS Fans I even had a former player of yours agree with me about what I'm saying so I'd take it he's hating too smh lol

Steve Tims: 

This is the hidden content, please

Innis Gaines: 

Jack Dallas: 

Dontre Thomas: 

55 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

You may be right.  

And like I said, I would have voted for Dontre.  But no one can act like a voter is an idiot for voting for Jack.  Both had amazing seasons. 

Interestingly, the reason I would have voted for Thomas was due to his unbelievable numbers. But those making that argument are somewhat hypocritical to criticize Tims winning.  Like ccs said, he might have led the state in tackles.  Which is why I would have had to vote for him as well...

Understood...

12 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Thomas was on the old coaches team

So was Dallas.  Old Coach did it the way it should have been done and had a All-State team for each Division within each class from 4A-2A.  Dontre was 2nd team athlete on the Division I team and Jack was 1st team QB on the Division II team.

So much for just congratulating these young athletes for winning...... Congrats to JD and Tims! There are several athletes that could have been nominated and were well deserving of it, but someone has to win it. All of the Kids that were nominated can hold their heads high and good luck to them at the next level!

1 hour ago, Majestyk said:

Please do not mention West Brook and Richmond Foster in the same paragraph.  That's like comparing oranges and horse apples.  And that's being nice.

Size in the trenches : West Brook

Wide receivers : West Brook

Defense: Foster

Depth : West Brook

Strength of schedule: West Brook (6a competition)

Coaching:Foster

Athletes: West Brook

You were being nice?

7 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Size in the trenches : West Brook

Wide receivers : West Brook

Defense: Foster

Depth : West Brook

Strength of schedule: West Brook (6a competition)

Coaching:Foster

Athletes: West Brook

You were being nice?

wow lol. west brook don't have but maybe 3 athletes that can actually compete with foster. just stop I've heard enough

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You really are clueless on this one.   You haven't seen WB play...

I've seen them play mutiple times I promise you that. how can you say they have better receivers when they have 2 of them going bigger than Corbin? one to Maryland and one perhaps haven't committed yet but can go pretty much anywhere. WB do not have what it takes to compete with them and that's just being real. I always give credit where it's due 

3 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

I've seen them play mutiple times I promise you that. how can you say they have better receivers when they have 2 of them going bigger than Corbin? one to Maryland and one perhaps haven't committed yet but can go pretty much anywhere. WB do not have what it takes to compete with them and that's just being real. I always give credit where it's due 

That's your opinion! The only fact is that WOS shouldn't be on the same field as Foster. SMH... Yeah they ran y'all arse out of Houston so that makes them able to beat everyone in your mind. Lol... My opinion is the Bruins don't get rolled like your little team did. And its also my opinion the West Brook rolls the Ponies with the game being decided by halftime. You Fruit City guys have been beating on the Orangefields and Bridge Cities too long. Now y'all thinking your team is better than it really is. To whoever said WB only has 3 athletes, the Bruins have 15 seniors that are going to play college ball. Ignorance is bliss in this small school area. Lmbo...

52 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

That's your opinion! The only fact is that WOS shouldn't be on the same field as Foster. SMH... Yeah they ran y'all arse out of Houston so that makes them able to beat everyone in your mind. Lol... My opinion is the Bruins don't get rolled like your little team did. And its also my opinion the West Brook rolls the Ponies with the game being decided by halftime. You Fruit City guys have been beating on the Orangefields and Bridge Cities too long. Now y'all thinking your team is better than it really is. To whoever said WB only has 3 athletes, the Bruins have 15 seniors that are going to play college ball. Ignorance is bliss in this small school area. Lmbo...

Yikes!

5 hours ago, Yeoj said:

don't forget central in that case. lmfao. we're just a small school that'll whip WB a** at will.