H-F Under Investigation/CLEARED

PlayActionPass

49 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

What exactly am I whining about WOSgrad? Just calling things for what they are lol Seeing that you're a lawyer I would think you'd know the difference between someone whining about pointing out facts lol 

What facts...oh I guess I should accept your word, the Al Sharpton of SETXsports.com, as fact.  LMLWAO!! I think not.

3 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

It's funny how you guys are suprised thats this is just making it on here, however I'm not at all surprised...I think if it would've been a BISD school it would've been posted much sooner lol smh

Dude, chill. This has absolutely nothing to do with race or BISD. If it had happened in BISD, it probably would have been reported quicker and acted on quicker by the media so yes, it would have become public knowledge sooner and been on the board sooner. But, NOT because of race or BISD. Simply because it would have been a more prominent story. Just back off WOSgrad and the whole board.

I just had a thread about PN-G pulled because it was deemed too early in the process. You don't hear me whining about it. 

Guest ECBucFan
23 hours ago, dayton said:

The news often sensationalizes things. Parents often overreact to things. I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. 

I have refrained commenting on this issue so far. Now, I am hearing some direct accounts from some with direct knowledge. Dayton is right on both points. It is sensationalized, and it is an overreaction. It probably should have happened a different way, but this is way overblown. 

I am so sick of people playing the race card, when things do not go their way or somebody says or does something they do not agree with.

People who play the race card all the time are nothing more than race baiters.

Most everyone that has replied to this thread has had very good opinions, and there is always that one person to bring the color of ones skin into it, and that is a damn shame.

Back on the original topic. A few years back there was an article about the emergence of the "Rhabs" in connection with crossfit. The workouts are very intense and fast paced. Many people trying these workouts had never pushed themselves to the extent that they were doing in cross-fit. To my understanding, had they pushed themselves that hard at any other point in their lives it would have presented itself sooner. I could be completely off on my interpretation of the information presented in the previous article. But it seems that some people naturally have the genetic traits to develop this while others don't. Not sure a Coach should be held at fault for someone's genetics. However, I guess that happens every Friday Night in Texas during the fall.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:51 PM, NDNation said:

I'm surprised this just now made it on here. I've seen it all over facebook, including the comments from parents who's kids were involved. Another article stated that more than 1 kid had been diagnosed with Rhab and 1 had to be taken to Texas Children with kidney failure. Some reported that is was a "Crossfit" type work out and that the punishment was for leaving the locker room a mess before going on Christmas break.

keep the dressing room clean and this wont be an issue. we have created such a pansy ass society it makes me freaking sick...and it makes me sicker knowing its only going to get worse. I feel terribly for the HF coaches.  Didn't they have a pretty dang good record in football this year? Its grueling offseason workouts along with intense coaches/players holding each other accountable that lead to great football seasons.

Athletics isn't for everyone.  Perhaps these kids weren't in good enough condition to endure the physical requirements of being an athlete.  Looks to me as a sign for a schedule change.

Like my dad used to say "if it's too hot in the kitchen...".  I'm sure you know the rest.

And yes...pansies are multiplying at an uncontrollable rate.  Let's just beat society to the punch and drop athletics class altogether, sell football equipment, sell scoreboards, and go to flag football, offensive only basketball, and pitching machine baseball...wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.  After the game, the kids could celebrate the fact that everyone won and hold hands while singing campfire songs.

Guest ECBucFan
On 1/12/2016 at 9:59 AM, dayton said:

Funny thing is we used to play "bull in the ring", LOL.

I bet that would be frowned on in the PC/safety overkill culture of today, LOL.  

We used to do stick wrestling. Any thing goes to get the stick away from the other guy. Guarantee that would be grounds for a lawsuit now days. Most kids these days would not have been able to make a week in the offseason we went through. Much less their parents whining because it's to rough little Johnny may get hurt. Even our practices during the season were tougher then most off seasons these days.

Last year after my annual check up, I was called back for more blood work.  I went in and they said something was wrong with my kidneys and them functioning.  After the blood work they asked me if I had been working out more than I use to.  And yes I had.  Started a crossfit workout program twice a week.  They reminded me to stay hydrated.  Guess I'm lucky that I do stay hydrated and then during the work outs would take a moment to drink water and catch my breath before starting the next rotation.  The bad thing about this incident at HF, was after Christmas break and we all know the diets and water are out the door. I agree with making kids miss games and with exercise punishment.  But todays society is so different when we all grew up and was punished by our coaches and then punished when we got home!! We were all told to "tough it out, you shouldn't have done that anyway!"  I hope the kids recoop and everybody learns a lesson.

On 1/13/2016 at 10:24 AM, Uncle Pig said:

keep the dressing room clean and this wont be an issue. we have created such a pansy ass society it makes me freaking sick...and it makes me sicker knowing its only going to get worse. I feel terribly for the HF coaches.  Didn't they have a pretty dang good record in football this year? Its grueling offseason workouts along with intense coaches/players holding each other accountable that lead to great football seasons.

I don't think these guys were football players.

• 2 weeks later...

Being that you have "Ozen" in your name Ozenfinest you should know that TB was a highly recruited DB and went to the highest ranked and regarded football program maybe in history.  That can be debated on another thread.  Of course TB being sent home before the National Championship would be reported faster than a couple students getting sent to the hospital from a 4A school in small town Texas.  No race or discrimination here or from any other person on this site. That's what you get when you are apart of the best. I bet if TB made a game saving INT and ran it back for TD that would have been reported faster than anything else on this site PERIOD!!!   Sorry to bring subject back up but made my breakfast not so good.

At some point HS football will be relegated to some form of 7 on 7. Too many bleeding hearts will force the  physical out of it. Times are changing, and at some point Soccer....Yes soccer will be a huge draw here, all u need is cleats and a ball and no expensive equipment or violent injuries. Probably not in my lifetime..... but its coming. No offense but, the soccer fans are roofing our houses and mowing our lawns.:)

Pretty fair amount of concussions, blood and broken bones in soccer. Just saying...

And no offense, but those roofers and mowers are hard workers that are putting some of my best athletes and hardest working students through college right now.  More power to them. They're living the American dream that so many refuse to take advantage of these days.

On topic: Go Longhorns

2 minutes ago, dayton said:

Pretty fair amount of concussions, blood and broken bones in soccer. Just saying...

And no offense, but those roofers and mowers are hard workers that are putting some of my best athletes and hardest working students through college right now.  More power to them. They're living the American dream that so many refuse to take advantage of these days.

On topic: Go Longhorns

Not knocking anyone, just stating the facts.....