Beaumont Central 68 Nederland 60/Final

11 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

The fight for second place got interesting tonight....

Yep.  Seeing how Ozen lost, as expected, to Central and didn't have to come from behind (at home) to beat Nederland, the next Ned-Ozen game should determine whether Ozen gets a piece of second or that silver trophy all to themselves...

38 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You know in some of the polester's eyes, it still is about if you win or lose....  At the end of the day, a loss is a loss...  No moral victories or special accolades as compared to the team(s) that actually won...

You're absolutely right about that. All they want to know, did ya win? At start of year our girls were ranked #7.  After Vball (all Bball players play Vball) we had 1 practice. Played #8 1A team (they don't do Vball) and were down 19-0 before we scored.  Lost 48-40. Dropped from 7 to 25.  All that other stuff was immaterial. We lost.  

2 hours ago, 5 on 5 said:

Just wondering, will Ned get any recognition at all in the rankings after losing only by single digits to 2 top 10 state ranked teams? Or will Ozen and Central just drop down?

Moving up in the rankings or down means nothing to me but the fact that Nederland went toe toe with both teams playing man says a lot about the players on Nederlands team. Not to many teams around can play those teams in man and hang around. 

Tuesday's game against Ozen was encouraging to know we CAN hang close with the best in the area/state. My concern is finishing those games with a W. I think 8 is the most points we've lost all season. Most of those games we 'should have won', but didn't find a way to earn the W. We have to do a better job at finding ways to win these close games or we will be sent home early in the post season. 

6 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Yep.  Seeing how Ozen lost, as expected, to Central and didn't have to come from behind (at home) to beat Nederland, the next Ned-Ozen game should determine whether Ozen gets a piece of second or that silver trophy all to themselves...

Sad part about this is you really believe this lmao

23 hours ago, JustUs said:

Shut the front door LoL........

Going toe to toe with your oppoent counts only in boxing...Playing to single digit loses in games is still a lost not a tie or a win...If you want style points to be considered for playing a close game institute a gymnastics program...Grasping for recognition, just win one soon...No pund intended...Be back later popcorn break...jmo... 

Something i always notice on these threads , we could be talking about the teams that played and someone always drags Ozen into the conversation. Why is that? Do some programs desire to be them do i detect just an ounce of jealously towards them. You guys should stick to the topic and stay out your feelings when your team loses. The amount hate well dislike Ozen recieves from some these posters is evident,i know "some" not all of you wish they lose so you can have something to talk about. Well let me say this SETX teams are not the measuring stick for success nothing more than bragging rights for players and fans. So beating  someone around here isnt winning the state championship which is all that matter see yall on March 12,2016 3pm. 

8 hours ago, Silsbeealum14 said:

Well, what was the outcome in all 3 ? Come on show me love, I know you, I don't need to ask C-Mill,  you talking to WHITMORE lol !!!

Y'all didn't beat us by more then 10...I'll get the film ready...most of the time we would be leading going into the 4th but experience would catch up with us...