Beaumont Ozen 60 Nederland 55/Final

36 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

As for the state rankings, I think it will depend on what they do at home Friday night against another state ranked team.

But do you get a tip of the hat for playing close.  The end result was still a loss.  I'd say no unless they can surprise Central Friday.  

4 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

*Typical* cliche' answer from the losing side. :)

Well it's a fact. Let me put it this way, Ozen won because they made critical FT's. And I'm not really upset about losing to 8th ranked team by 5. I think we learned a lot from this game. I also think Ozen learned a lot

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...it could also be stated that Ozen was off too.  I counted double digit blown layups by Ozen during the stretch after the Tech...  VERY unlike them....

Correct. That's why you cant really point to the tech. There were momentum changes throughout the game. And Parish knows better than to point and throw the "shhh" sign after a dunk. I personally hate the rule, but the ref has to call it.

30 minutes ago, winwin said:

Correct. That's why you cant really point to the tech. There were momentum changes throughout the game. And Parish knows better than to point and throw the "shhh" sign after a dunk. I personally hate the rule, but the ref has to call it.

It was definitely the right call.  The people that got upset just doesn't know basketball... 

40 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Yea its is the rule but the way sports is going their taking emotion out of the game everyone will be robots on the court

That wasn't emotion. There is a difference in emotion and taunting/a lack of sportsmanship. I'm all for players getting pumped up after a big play or a dunk that gives a boost of energy to the team. However the "Sshhh" stuff is just bush. Finish of the play and let the momentum ride, dont make it a "Me" moment and kill it.

11 minutes ago, Not A Guru said:

That wasn't emotion. There is a difference in emotion and taunting/a lack of sportsmanship. I'm all for players getting pumped up after a big play or a dunk that gives a boost of energy to the team. However the "Sshhh" stuff is just bush. Finish of the play and let the momentum ride, dont make it a "Me" moment and kill it.

The pointing did it for me...  You just can't do that in a big game....

Trash talk is part of the game.. If you have a problem with what the kid did then YOU have a problem when some of these oher players including some Nederland players that run down the court with 3's in the air,above the eye 3's ,flying airplane like Jason Terry  etc etc when they hit shots... Personally i have no problem with any of it ..but thats just me 

Some people understand the difference between common trash talk and taunting an opposing player. Holding up Three fingers as you run down the court after hitting a 3 is not the same as personalizing your action on another player.  Example: Hitting a 3 and doing the Jason Terry is perfectly fine. Dunking on a player and hitting him with the throat slash gesture is not fine. 

6 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Trash talk is part of the game.. If you have a problem with what the kid did then YOU have a problem when some of these oher players including some Nederland players that run down the court with 3's in the air,above the eye 3's ,flying airplane like Jason Terry  etc etc when they hit shots... Personally i have no problem with any of it ..but thats just me 

You don't have a problem with a player pointing to another player in his face after getting dunked on....  Getting posterized is bad enough...and he'll get laughed at it even by his own teammates after the game...  But you point to him and do the 'shhhhh' thing?  Man, Bro, that's a little much....

14 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

14 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

I have been pretty vocal in defense of Miguez when it comes to clapping and throwing up the 3 sign. It's all emotion,  exactly like Parish last night. But it is against the rules so don't get caught  lol. Bad sportsmanship IMO would be stepping on a player when he's laying on the ground or not helping a player up and just walking by and staring at him. Not shaking hands after the game. 

Its part of the game it happens you get dunked on, shot blocked into the 4th row or even a nasty shot hit in your face so what. Question if he had dunked on him then looked at him w/o saying a word and got t'd up would you have a problem with it.. Probably would say ohhh he cant look at him like that he hurt his feelings ..do you even know all the types of ishhh being said on the court... Its a rule he got his tech now move on.

4 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Its part of the game it happens you get dunked on, shot blocked into the 4th row or even a nasty shot hit in your face so what. Question if he had dunked on him then looked at him w/o saying a word and got t'd up would you have a problem with it.. Probably would say ohhh he cant look at him like that he hurt his feelings ..do you even know all the types of ishhh being said on the court... Its a rule he got his tech now move on.

No, I wouldn't have a problem with a look...   Imo, if you look and keep going, I'm cool with it...  But you know our local refs will call that T...  So just don't do it and THEN move on...  That's all I'm saying...