Beaumont Ozen 60 Nederland 55/Final

4 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Lmaoooooooo Buddy predicted a 3-0 sweep by Central smh dudes really get on here and say anything

Hey dumbarse: I predicted a split. 

I suggest you read more instead of posting, it may prevent you from looking like a dumbarse as usual. 

Doesn't matter , could've , would've, should've didnt happen Ozen won made some mistakes battled back , Nederland will never be a pushover so when you have the chance just blow them out. Ozen just didn't execute alot of missed layups,the tech had nothing to with it . Nederland played harder Ozen was coasting until the last 3 minutes of the 4th when they decided to play hard . Its in the books now next game Vidor .. 

44 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Doesn't matter , could've , would've, should've didnt happen Ozen won made some mistakes battled back , Nederland will never be a pushover so when you have the chance just blow them out. Ozen just didn't execute alot of missed layups,the tech had nothing to with it . Nederland played harder Ozen was coasting until the last 3 minutes of the 4th when they decided to play hard . Its in the books now next game Vidor .. 

Were you at the game?  Because if you were there, you saw that Boyd had it going in the open court and Comeaux were doing their thing and playing typical Ozen ball.  After the Tech (very unnecessary), you saw Nederland got a spark and the momentum switched.  

Nonetheless, Ozen's experience helped in the end.  That's what good teams do.  The last 3 minutes of this game had a big game playoff atmosphere.  Imo, they needed this type of game...

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Were you at the game?  Because if you were there, you saw that Boyd had it going in the open court and Comeaux were doing their thing and playing typical Ozen ball.  After the Tech (very unnecessary), you saw Nederland got a spark and the momentum switched.  

Nonetheless, Ozen's experience helped in the end.  That's what good teams do.  The last 3 minutes of this game had a big game playoff atmosphere.  Imo, they needed this type of game...

Atmosphere?  Soulja you hacked?!  Dont let some Injuns see this. 

3 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Hmmm? That doesn't sound like I would have said this, especially in district play. Naw, show me proof :) BUT!! Its still a win for us.

Ok , that was Soulja.  Here is your quote.   I guess you were wrong on #1

(1) In reality, the game won't be close (2) One of Ozen's strength is that they have role players who make up a good team (3) Will be enough to beat Nederland tonite.

I think Nederland uses this game in preparation for fighting for that 2nd-4th playoff spot.

7 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Ok , that was Soulja.  Here is your quote.   I guess you were wrong on #1

Yes, it was I.  I was wrong.  Nederland played and Minguez was doing his thing...  

At what point was Ozen going to realize that #11 for Nederland ONLY goes and dribbles with his left hand?

Shouts out to Calvin Tyler (Lil C) on great defense.  Very quick feet with some key steals and made like hard for Nederland's PG...

12 hours ago, 5 on 5 said:

Ned was up by 7 with about 3 mins left. I kept waiting for our stall but it never happened? Why not hold the ball and wait for the foul?

Here is the answer:

With about 4 min/3:30 remaining, Ozen fouled us and we missed the front end of the 1-1 twice. Ozen capitalized with an easy bucket on a deep 3. That tied the game, so we stalling wasn't a viable option, IMO. 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yes, it was I.  I was wrong.  Nederland played and Minguez was doing his thing...  

At what point was Ozen going to realize that #11 for Nederland ONLY goes and dribbles with his left hand?

Shouts out to Calvin Tyler (Lil C) on great defense.  Very quick feet with some key steals and made like hard for Nederland's PG...

I was there. It was a good game, but Miguez was off from the outside. I think he was 0-6 in the first half from 3's...unlike him. The tech in my opinion wasn't a game changer. It was a game of runs. So if you point to the tech as the reason the game was close, you could easily also point to the fact that if Miguez was on, it would have been an entirely different game as well. The key was that Nederland didn't let Ozen get out and run. That slowed the game down and when that happens to a team like Ozen, who likes to run, it's anyones game. Ozen hit free throws in the fourth quarter and Nederland didn't. Question is, will Nederland be ranked this week after giving a top 10 team fits on the road?

21 minutes ago, winwin said:

I was there. It was a good game, but Miguez was off from the outside. I think he was 0-6 in the first half from 3's...unlike him. The tech in my opinion wasn't a game changer. It was a game of runs. So if you point to the tech as the reason the game was close, you could easily also point to the fact that if Miguez was on, it would have been an entirely different game as well. The key was that Nederland didn't let Ozen get out and run. That slowed the game down and when that happens to a team like Ozen, who likes to run, it's anyones game. Ozen hit free throws in the fourth quarter and Nederland didn't. Question is, will Nederland be ranked this week after giving a top 10 team fits on the road?

As for the state rankings, I think it will depend on what they do at home Friday night against another state ranked team.

39 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Here is the answer:

With about 4 min/3:30 remaining, Ozen fouled us and we missed the front end of the 1-1 twice. Ozen capitalized with an easy bucket on a deep 3. That tied the game, so we stalling wasn't a viable option, IMO. 

Can't argue with that. Simply put if we made our FT's we win this game.

37 minutes ago, winwin said:

Free throws win games, we didn't hit ours when we had to have them. And you're right Miguez was off, he didn't hit one 3. However, kid is a scorer. He took it to the rack and ended up with 17-19, I think only one was a jump shot. Maybe should've had it in his hands more in the 4th, I think he only took 2 shots

42 minutes ago, winwin said:

+1

57 minutes ago, winwin said:

...it could also be stated that Ozen was off too.  I counted double digit blown layups by Ozen during the stretch after the Tech...  VERY unlike them....