Katy!!

If the young man played for Seven Lakes the whole season, then moved to Katy HS after his season was over, why the hell would Katy allow him to play? THEY DON"T NEED HIM!!! Why run the risk?

IMO, he is not a Katy Tiger, played for a rival school. Why let him join your team after his team's season ended? Doesn't matter if the move is legit. Makes no sense.

that's what I'm saying. What coach on this earth would think someone wouldn't find out????

Edited by kicker

So if Katy is disqualified, the team they roasted last Saturday has to go play a QF game with zero practice?? Or did the UIL let them Practice today as a provision??

The UIL could either send Friendswood to play Manvel via forfeit win, or just give Manvel the forfeit victory.  Have to wait and see what is decided. Friendswood would have to reissue equipment on Thurs. and would only get one practice.  The whole thing seems ridiculous.  Why would you play the new transfer guy in a 66-0 game?

Man, I wonder what the Friendswood coaches are thinking right now. Do you try to get a practice in without pads? Does the UIL let them practice with pads just in case??? Anyone know?

they better be breaking down as much film as possible right now just in case. 

Read the highlighted part at the bottom.  Anyone know when the deadline is for district certification?

From what I've read the kid is a sophmore who will be a stud recruit that is already on many big schools radar.  Katy is just building for the future. :)  
This is the hidden content, please

2015 - 2016 UIL Rules. Section 400, subsection C: has been in regular attendance at the participant school since the sixth class day of the present school year or has been in enrolled and in regular attendance for 15 or more calendar days before the contest or competition (student becomes eligible on the fifteenth day) (see Section 404 and Official Interpretation #6, Appendix I);

Section 440: ELIGIBILITY - ATHLETICS Subject to the other sections of this subchapter, an individual is eligible to participate in a League varsity athletic contest as a representative of a participant school if that individual: (a) meets all the requirements of Section 400; (b) is a resident of the member school district (see Section 442), and a resident of the attendance zone in which the participant school being attended is situated, (1) Or has been continuously enrolled in and regularly attending the school for at least the previous calendar year if his or her parents do not reside within the school district’s attendance zone; see (5) (B) below for exception. Note: A student who has changed schools for athletic purposes may be declared ineligible for more than one calendar year. See Section 443 (f) (3). (2) Or the student is attending a school outside the attendance zone where the parents reside because the school board or other appropriate authority changed district or attendance zone lines. (3) Or is a transfer student from a public 8-grade ISD not containing a high school, who transferred at the first opportunity: (A) to select a high school with geographical boundaries contiguous to his or her K-8 school; or (B) to a high school for which the K-8 school attended receives state transportation funds; or (C) to the high school located nearest the student’s residence. (4) Intra-District Transfers. A student who has an option to attend more than one high school within a school district, rather than being assigned to a school according to attendance zones, is eligible at the school first selected if he/she transfers at the first opportunity. If a student subsequently transfers to another school, the student is not eligible for varsity athletic competition until he/she has been in and regularly attended that school for at least the previous calendar year. (5) Foreign Exchange Students. (A) Foreign exchange students are ineligible for varsity athletic contests the first year they attend a participant school unless they are granted a waiver of the parent residence rule as outlined in Sections 465 and 468. (B) Foreign exchange students who receive a foreign exchange waiver and participate in UIL varsity athletic contests during their first year in the host school may not participate in those same contests if they return for a second year to the host school. The student may, however, participate in any other UIL varsity sport. See Official Interpretations #1 and 4, Appendix I. (c) is less than 19 years old on September 1 preceding the contest, or has been granted eligibility based on a disability which delayed his or her education by at least one year (see Section 446); (d) did not change schools for athletic purposes (see Sections 5 and 443); (e) is an amateur (see Section 441 and Official Interpretation #11, Appendix I); and (f) was eligible according to Section 400 (c) (fifteen calendar day rule) and Section 440 (b) (residence rule) at the participant school the student wishes to represent prior to the deadline for district certification (non-compliance results in ineligibility only in post-district competition in that sport).

I just heard about this on the news. I can't imagine Katy's coach did not know about

2015 - 2016 UIL Rules. Section 400, subsection C. WOS has a new recuit who has NOT played because UIL said he had to wait unit next year, if Kathy is given a pass... unbelievable.

Edited by ladybug33

I just heard about this on the news. I can't imagine Katy's coach did not know about

2015 - 2016 UIL Rules. Section 400, subsection C. WOS has a new recuit who has NOT played because UIL said he had to wait unit nexy year, if Kathy is given a pass... unbelievable.

who wrote that?  Lol

2015 - 2016 UIL Rules. Section 400, subsection C. WOS has a new recuit who has NOT played because UIL said he had to wait unit next year, if Kathy is given a pass... unbelievable.

Had to wait a year based on what reason?

If this turns out to be true, then just suspend Joseph for the Manvel game and reprimand him. Also place the school on probation. If this was a case like say Bridgeport, where the player (s) made a huge difference in the results of the game it would be one thing. This however occurred after the game was in hand. The player did not affect the result. It is a violation, but the best punishment is probation of Katy and probation, and possibly suspension, for Joseph.

This is my biggest gripe against "Zero Tolerance".  A kid bringing a weapon to school is treated the same as a kid that leaves a shotgun shell in his/her vehicle after duck hunting. You have to take "intent" into consideration IMO.

This is obviously (on the surface at least) not a violation that is worthy of disqualification. Reprimand them and move along.  

Back in 2003, PNG was playing #2 ranked Jasper in a pre-district game.  PNG had a pretty good lead in the 4th quarter, and Burnett was getting some of the back-ups in to get their feet wet before district.  One of those back-ups had just moved into the district (he was a senior).  Apparently, no one realized the kid was too old to play but got in on a couple of snaps.  If my memory serves me correctly, PNG went on to win the game but had to subsequently forfeit because of this.

Looks like the only real issue is the district certification.

But Katy, with all of the talent and kids that it has, why would the coaches even put someone in that had been with the school for only 17 days?  You have kids that likely haven't touched the field that have busted their tails since the summer that deserve a chance to get in there.