Katy!!

So you believe this was a violation worthy of a stiffer penalty? That Katy HS should forfeit its season for playing a sophomore transfer for 10 plays in a game they were winning 67-0?

But Pats, when does an ineligible player actually become ineligible now? Can he play 10 plays? 20 plays? Not make a tackle or run with the ball? One is either eligible or ineligible......no gray here.

Exactly, this was a big dumb mistake by a head coach to begin with.  Like was said why add a player to a team like Katy that A. Wasn't there all year and b. Wasn't going to play in normal circumstances anyway.  Big risk,  and although I would hate it for the other players, in my opinion if you break the rule you pay the price.

But Pats, when does an ineligible player actually become ineligible now? Can he play 10 plays? 20 plays? Not make a tackle or run with the ball? One is either eligible or ineligible......no gray here.

They followed all the proper procedures. Had all their I's dotted and T's crossed. Everyone involved with the transfer signed off on it. This was not underhanded. It was a mistake.

They become ineligible when they play the 1st snap IF you have not done the due diligence required to assure his/her eligibility. 

We can all break the law, but we are all aware that we will stand in judgement if we are caught. They have been judged and reprimanded.

They followed all the proper procedures. Had all their I's dotted and T's crossed. Everyone involved with the transfer signed off on it. This was not underhanded. It was a mistake.

They become ineligible when they play the 1st snap IF you have not done the due diligence required to assure his/her eligibility. 

We can all break the law, but we are all aware that we will stand in judgement if we are caught. They have been judged and reprimanded.

They become ineligible the 1st snap even if they do everything by the book..........I just believe they have opened a door they will later wish they had left closed. This situation will happen again.

If I were at Manvel right now I would be coming up with some colorful run through posters today.

They become ineligible the 1st snap even if they do everything by the book..........I just believe they have opened a door they will later wish they had left closed. This situation will happen again.

If I were at Manvel right now I would be coming up with some colorful run through posters today.

I doubt this will make any law abiding schools start breaking the law.