Why Would OZEN want to stay in 5A

tupac7

All that talent came from the Pear.  19 of the starting 22 in '82 played for Hebert the previous year.  Frank Middleton and them lived in Maida and should've gone to Central.  The team when Chip was a freshman lost to Katy in the Reg 3 finals in the Dome.......

never said it was the west end kids, but they contribute. Why isn't the pear orchid able to have success with Ozen? That's the question. Coach Lewis I thought was doing some good and they ran him off.

Btw, my cousin was one oofthe starters on the 82 team andhe FP. Went Alabama for football.

Edited by TradenupBH

Ozen basketball will always have a good/great team. This doesn't really affect them. I feel terrible for the football and baseball team though. I know the football team has ALOT of talent but no depth. Most going both ways. That is common at the 4a level. Some 5as do it but generally it either means you have a D1 athlete (Rodney Randle) or you have no other choice. They would compete and make playoff runs in 4a. They won't sniff the playoffs in 5a. Like someone else said they can play WB and Central in non-district play. Heck they play WB every year anyways so just replace the out of state game with Central and you still get the two BMT schools and PAM. I feel bad for the athletes at Ozen who just need a chance to compete against shhool a with there numbers. Smh BISD. 

Ozen basketball will always have a good/great team. This doesn't really affect them. I feel terrible for the football and baseball team though. I know the football team has ALOT of talent but no depth. Most going both ways. That is common at the 4a level. Some 5as do it but generally it either means you have a D1 athlete (Rodney Randle) or you have no other choice. They would compete and make playoff runs in 4a. They won't sniff the playoffs in 5a. Like someone else said they can play WB and Central in non-district play. Heck they play WB every year anyways so just replace the out of state game with Central and you still get the two BMT schools and PAM. I feel bad for the athletes at Ozen who just need a chance to compete against shhool a with there numbers. Smh BISD. 

All BISD has to do is zone Fehl-Price to Ozen.  Keep Caldwood zoned there also since WB has 4 Elem already zone to it.  Very simple and easy.....

Ozen and Central generally split the basketball studs.  Could there have been some concern that Ozen would lose some of their good players to Central because they'd get better exposure in 5A vs 4A?

Very good question.  But if Ozen would have dropped, I don't think that would've been the case.  Winning breeds popularity.  Ozen would have a better chance at winning in 4a.

From my understanding, the Pear Orchard was so concerned about getting their school back that they forgot to re zone the district. So jRidge that's why you have kids right down the street attending WB. So yes three school can be had in BMT but the zoning issues need to be addressed. I want to know whats the big deal about dropping to 4A. I've heard about the finances and all that's associated with the traveling and that's really dependent on which district they actually land in. WOS has been a winner at every level, the kids are what matter. WOS has given everyone in the area the blue print, i know the district has had its ups and downs but if it wasn't for a successful football program that district would fall apart. As an Ex Educator and coach a successful football year enhances the overall morale of the school: reduces absenteeism, referrals, and suspensions. Not saying WOS is perfect but all i'm saying if it wasn't for success in football there would be a number of kids that want even finish school. Sports is all the know and that's the motivation you need, not playing schools every week that has more  kids in their band than you have in your athletic program. 1A 2A 3A 4A 5A 6A, WOS send kids to college on a regular basis and from may last in service its all about putting kids in a good situation to succeed!!!! LIL C is going to be a beast no matter what division he plays in just like your boys JRIDGE because they work hard. Just had to vent, do whats best for the kids and yes my kids went to Ozen and played sports and they were happy but it may not have been what was best. Just following our feeder system like your suppose too. Odom to Ozen!!!

Agreed totally Jag86 and going to 4a probably would be best for the school in my opinion but i guess the powers at be say different. I see Memorial is dropping so what's the big deal anyway, i mean you still have to prepare the kids for victory and having equality in numbers allows competitive balance i do believe. 

Agreed totally Jag86 and going to 4a probably would be best for the school in my opinion but i guess the powers at be say different. I see Memorial is dropping so what's the big deal anyway, i mean you still have to prepare the kids for victory and having equality in numbers allows competitive balance i do believe. 

uh this thing called lesser students maybe?? 

I was saying that this never happened when 2 high schools existed.  That means if Ozen never were created in '97, then we wouldn't be discussing dwindling numbers.  Central or West Brook's numbers NEVER dwindled when it was only 2.  

Fast forwarding to now, I don't want it closed now.  So many proud alum there after 18 years of existence... And some proud Hebert alum living vicariously through Ozen.....

Nobody wants to see schools closed down in their community. Charlton, French, Southpark, Forest Park, Hebert are all now the current WB, Central and Ozen. There isn't anything wrong with having 3 schools if the zoning is corrected and quality teachers are paired at each and every school. Some teachers may teach subjects well but can't manage their classroom which is a major problem at some schools. Parents will send their kids often to the best situation for their child but others have to endure difficulties from some in class whom parents may not hold them accountable for learning or having good behavior. I say fix the whole problem by rezoning, holding kids, teachers, administrators and parents responsible for a better school system and environment. Quick rant! Lol

I was saying that this never happened when 2 high schools existed.  That means if Ozen never were created in '97, then we wouldn't be discussing dwindling numbers.  Central or West Brook's numbers NEVER dwindled when it was only 2.  

Fast forwarding to now, I don't want it closed now.  So many proud alum there after 18 years of existence... And some proud Hebert alum living vicariously through Ozen.....

Nobody wants to see schools closed down in their community. Charlton, French, Southpark, Forest Park, Hebert are all now the current WB, Central and Ozen. There isn't anything wrong with having 3 schools if the zoning is corrected and quality teachers are paired at each and every school. Some teachers may teach subjects well but can't manage their classroom which is a major problem at some schools. Parents will send their kids often to the best situation for their child but others have to endure difficulties from some in class whom parents may not hold them accountable for learning or having good behavior. I say fix the whole problem by rezoning, holding kids, teachers, administrators and parents responsible for a better school system and environment. Quick rant! Lol

Edited by JRidge

Hey BG do you know what sarcasm is? I fully understand, they actually cursed me out in Latin when i graduated. They called me all kinds of Summa Cum Laude's and even made me wear a different color robe! Geesh! Lol

i didn't see (sarcasm) in the post *the word* 

Geesh. 

i didn't see (sarcasm) in the post *the word* 

Geesh. 

Hey BG do you know what sarcasm is? I fully understand, they actually cursed me out in Latin when i graduated. They called me all kinds of Summa Cum Laude's and even made me wear a different color robe! Geesh! Lol

I guess you didn't realize this was a joke either? Lighten up Buddy this cold air must be getting to ya! :)

I guess you didn't realize this was a joke either? Lighten up Buddy this cold air must be getting to ya! :)

nah I like the cold air.

Oh, i guess i get it now, Memorial probably hoping Ozen does fall to 4a since that football and basketball butt whipping! That's okay, I hope we move too Buddy, we've been getting our butts kicked too!

win one football game in 10 years by ONE POINT, not too long ago yall went two years without scoring a single point, be very careful here. 

win one football game in 10 years by ONE POINT, not too long ago yall went two years without scoring a single point, be very careful here. 

Lol, and we're gonna ride this wave as long as we can! Like Sam Cooke said, "It's been a long, long time coming and change is gonna come!" Hopefully both of our schools fair much better in 2016!

Beaumont I.S.D wants to keep Ozen in 5A because of budget. Many on here are forgetting that the school districts aren't always concerned with sports programs. It is cheaper for the travel budget for Ozen to be in 5A in the same district as Central. 

Yeah, alot of decisions lately have been about saving money but i don't know if it was the best decisions to help or hinder things?

From my understanding, the Pear Orchard was so concerned about getting their school back that they forgot to re zone the district. So jRidge that's why you have kids right down the street attending WB. So yes three school can be had in BMT but the zoning issues need to be addressed. I want to know whats the big deal about dropping to 4A. I've heard about the finances and all that's associated with the traveling and that's really dependent on which district they actually land in. WOS has been a winner at every level, the kids are what matter. WOS has given everyone in the area the blue print, i know the district has had its ups and downs but if it wasn't for a successful football program that district would fall apart. As an Ex Educator and coach a successful football year enhances the overall morale of the school: reduces absenteeism, referrals, and suspensions. Not saying WOS is perfect but all i'm saying if it wasn't for success in football there would be a number of kids that want even finish school. Sports is all the know and that's the motivation you need, not playing schools every week that has more  kids in their band than you have in your athletic program. 1A 2A 3A 4A 5A 6A, WOS send kids to college on a regular basis and from may last in service its all about putting kids in a good situation to succeed!!!! LIL C is going to be a beast no matter what division he plays in just like your boys JRIDGE because they work hard. Just had to vent, do whats best for the kids and yes my kids went to Ozen and played sports and they were happy but it may not have been what was best. Just following our feeder system like your suppose too. Odom to Ozen!!!

Goo post...

I have a freshman at Central now that came out of Odom and 3 at Odom now that will all be going to Central over the next couple of years.  My address was originally zoned to King but because 2 of my oldest 4 were accepted into the Pegasus program, all of them went there or are still going there.  I have since bought a home behind Academy in Central's zone, guess where the middle schoolers are still being bussed to...strict zoning should be enforced for all 3 high schools and 6 middle schools. 

Good post...