Why Would OZEN want to stay in 5A

tupac7

Would they be traveling a lot for football? Their non-football district would likely be with LCM, BC, HF, HJ, OF, WOS, and Silsbee. That's not much traveling. 

I was speaking more along the lines of football. They would have to most likely make trips to Cleveland, Huffman, Jasper and Livingston. Half of their district would be over an hour away. Right now BISD gets to save having Ozen play Westbrook in non-district and Ozen play Central in district play. With the Baytown schools being out the longest ride they would have is probably the 30 mins to Port Arthur. 

I was speaking more along the lines of football. They would have to most likely make trips to Cleveland, Huffman, Jasper and Livingston. Half of their district would be over an hour away. Right now BISD gets to save having Ozen play Westbrook in non-district and Ozen play Central in district play. With the Baytown schools being out the longest ride they would have is probably the 30 mins to Port Arthur. 

This is why I am hearing Ozen will opt to stay 5A. /\/\/\/\

Just what I thought...  But with depth issues for the last couple of years, it'll be some tough situations...  Hopefully the kids work hard this off-season to make up for the depth issues....

like getting other kids to participate in football? 

Would they be traveling a lot for football? Their non-football district would likely be with LCM, BC, HF, HJ, OF, WOS, and Silsbee. That's not much traveling. 

seems like UIL would pull HJ and move over with Liberty, Huffman, Tarkington and Cleveland. Put Ozen in with the Beaumont area group and be good. 

seems like UIL would pull HJ and move over with Liberty, Huffman, Tarkington and Cleveland. Put Ozen in with the Beaumont area group and be good. 

I could see that happening but I believe it would create two 7 team districts (I think they used to try and keep it even numbers but I don't know if that matters anymore). 

Liberty, Huffman, Tarkington, Cleveland, Livingston, HJ, Shepherd

LCM, BC, HF, OF, WOS, Ozen, and Silsbee, but Ozen is staying 5a. 

So I guess we will now see Liberty, Huffman, Tarkington, Cleveland, Livingston, and Shepherd? 

I could see that happening but I believe it would create two 7 team districts (I think they used to try and keep it even numbers but I don't know if that matters anymore). 

Liberty, Huffman, Tarkington, Cleveland, Livingston, HJ, Shepherd

LCM, BC, HF, OF, WOS, Ozen, and Silsbee, but Ozen is staying 5a. 

So I guess we will now see Liberty, Huffman, Tarkington, Cleveland, Livingston, and Shepherd? 

Still written in uil policy that they try hard to avoid odd # districts and districts with more than 10 teams.