*Player Of The Year*?

KFDM COOP

Guest ltownbaseball9

Who is looking at him...if he's a ball player like donahue and brown then 2 schools just wouldn't be looking at him.......and for as AAU goes, its for players that are the best at there schools so he gets to have the opportunity to play for a AAU team.....all I am saying is that great he plays for a AAU but can he do what brown and donahue can do??? no he cannot thats all i am trying to say here thats why they have made a player of the year for each classification on this thing becasue they know that your not going to have a 1a player get it when you got 10 to 15 players at the 3a, 4a, and 5a that are more deserving than Brandon......I mean he's a good ball player but be realistic people......if he is so great then why did he play horrible last friday night?? the reason for that is becasue the team he played against had better athletes and were quicker and stronger....it was a different level then what he is use too........its like a hitter in 2a that kills the baseball and hits 10 hrs and can't be stop at the 2a level and then when he goes and faces the big boys he struggles becasue the level is so different.........I am not bashing Brandon I am just trying to speak the truth here.....I know he plays at a 1a school but you can't compare him to the top 4a and 5a players in this area when the game is so different then what he plays at........Brandon if you are reading this don't be mad I think your a great ball player and I hope you bring your team to state and win it all, all I am trying to do is tell the truth.....If brown and donahue play at the 1a level they would be putting up 40ppg and thats just how it is.......

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yepyep, apologies man. I was reading a post by someone else and saw your name. My bad.

Point still being that none of these guys know BL can't play with the others because he hasn't had the chance in HS ball.

ltown, stop saying he can't and couldn't when you dont know.

I hear he has done well at AAU ball against players of all calibers.

Speaking without knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

No problem, apology accepted.  Its my fault for responding to ltown and the other guy.  I just added fuel to their fire.  I was just trying to defend Letsinger.  They are just uninformed hs kids running their mouth, though we probably all are guilt doing that in high school.  Let this thread die.

opinions, opinions, opinions.........and yes its ok to have one.......this thread's topic is "player of the year?"........type your opinion and move on......this thread is not about brandon letsinger nor is it a place to vote for "who you dont think should be player of the year" ....but when you bash we have to defend......so move on!!!

I have a thought this morning...that is really good for me at my age this early.

By some of the logic used in this thread, do we now take Donahoe out of the running for POY? I mean he only had 11 points for his team. As said earlier, it doesn't matter if you have guys running at you everytime you get past your man.

Guys, this is not a flame at the young man. I am trying to prove a point that you cannot judge a kid by a showing in one game.

There is silence in the air........... 

Donahoe is human. Letsinger is also.

Well said hss. They should understand these things happen. Especially when there are three guys put on stopping one player.

The sign of a great point guard is scoring when he can but understanding when he can't and Letsinger does that. He then gets his team involved.

Donahoe is a real good player and should bounce back. However, if they are going to play for state, his teammates better step up. 

As for Letsinger is concerned, he is a very good basketball player. But what seems to be missing in these posts is the fact that this is all by comparison. No one, and that includes the lumberton poster, is saying that Letsinger isn't any good. It's just he's not considered as good as these other three players mentioned. To me, that's not a knock on him but a compliment to the other players, definetly not bashing as some on here have mentioned. I know he's your hometown boy and you are going to be somewhat biased, but the fact remains that some consider Letsinger a great player only in his classification, which is not a bad thing. Percentages say that if you take the POY in each classification over a several year span, the higher classification player is usually the better of the rest, just a known fact.

There was mention of Shaq that he played 3a, which is true. But you are kidding yourself he you think he wouldn't have dominated in any classification. There are exceptions to the rule, but Letsinger isn't one of them.

I have been going to the boys state basketball championships for many years now, started in 1972, when I was 8 years old, haven't missed a year since. My dad started taking me when he thought I was old enough to enjoy it like him. He has been going to the tournament since 1958, be making his 50th straight this year. I said this to say this: I have seen many a great player over the years, in all classifications. There have been some in the lower classes(1A, 2A ), but not near as many in the upper classes. Most of those probably would not have been that great if they had played in those upper classes. Scholarships prove that fact.

To get all bent out of shape because someone doesn't think Letsinger is as good as Donahoe, Brown, and Thomas is just silly. The fact is, those three will be playing Div. 1 ball and Letsinger probably will not.

Guest ltownbaseball9

Thank you thats all I was trying to say.....and everyone wants to get all mad and pissed off.......Like i said earlier there are alot of Brandons out there but theres not alot of Donahues or Browns.........

Guest ltownbaseball9

I am not talking about this year.....I am talking about in the years past in sports..........Lumberton don't have any players i'll tell you that now but don't say lumberton has never had anything when they got many players that have played at the college level

years past mean nothing... This is THIS year, not last year or 50 years ago. Like I have said before, you are nothing more than a confused jr high student. There are not many Letsinger's, Donahoe's, Brown's or Thomas' out there. There isnt much talent or ability that seperates them, they are all great players.

Guest ltownbaseball9

Lol man ozen,central,silsbee,WOS,Memorial,dayton they all got a brandon on there team........the guys plays at the 1a level.......and when someones says lumberton has Never had anything thats why i brought up the past.....this year lumberton sucked .....they have no athletes right now but it will pick up.......1a fellows......you say 2 weeks ago what he did against a 3a team that was OK.....he scored 12 points and they lost by 18.......

Guest ltownbaseball9

He plays at the 3a level lol and they still won the game.............did brandon and them win there game no they did not when he scored 12 points......he plays at the 1a level.....get the hint......Donahoue and them still found a way to win.......its a different level sweetheart.......

Guest ltownbaseball9

if your great you dont score 12 points against a OK WOS team and lose by 18 points like i said earlier its a different level and better athletes on the court.......He can't compete when theres a faster speed and stronger players on the court