*Player Of The Year*?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's not Ryan Donahoe, then I'm not sure who would be worthy to recieve this title. Ryan has played with many setbacks this year including knee trouble at the beginning of the year in which he missed a couple of games, he also suffered from a broken nose, a slight concussion, and dehydration. Did that stop him? No way. He carried his team to a district title and a record as of now of 31-4

Money is right again! Good post.

I am not saying Donahoe shouldn't get it. However, Letsinger carried his team to a 26-1 record to this point having to beat some very tough teams also.

I can already hear your small school, no competition chants, but that is hogwash.

This kid would and should start for any team in setx.

I have only watched him for two basketball seasons and have watched a lot if other games and teams, He is the real thing and would be on any team I have ever seen in hs.

I can't say he defintely should get because I haven't seen all the players, but my guess is that neither have any of you. I know Donahoe is very good and he probably deserves it as much as anyone, but Letsinger can be put in the same breath as him.

On the Brown thing, not gettin' my vote until he csn have the character and leadership that Donahoe and Letsinger have.

Also have to ask, what about Thomas from EC, or one of Kountze's studs.

There is more than one guy to be considered and this is a very tough question. 

To me this is an easy pick. Ryan Donahoe is the player of the year in Southeast Texas. Write it down, chalk it up, put it in stone, or as it is these days, save it to the hard drive. Ryan is the best and has played better than anyone in this area.

If Brown was a senior and I was a college coach and had to decide between the two, no brainer, I would take Donahoe. Brown seems to be like a T.O., which is not a good thing for a team.

Guest ltownbaseball9

Ryan Donahue by far......Brown is the better player but attitude sucks......I don't care about any other players either donahue the man by far seen HJ play if they didn't have him they wouldn't be  close to a district title.....Come now this is player of the year West harding im sorry they should have a 1a or 2a player of the year because he wouldn't be able to hang with the big boys....

Ryan Donahue by far......Brown is the better player but attitude sucks......I don't care about any other players either donahue the man by far seen HJ play if they didn't have him they wouldn't be  close to a district title.....Come now this is player of the year West harding im sorry they should have a 1a or 2a player of the year because he wouldn't be able to hang with the big boys....

You are nominated for the dumbest post of the year.  Congrats.

Guest ltownbaseball9

where is the guy going to play college at............Donahue will go div 1 and the other kid will go div 2 or maybe juco give me a break man......

I’m not so sure I’m going to trust your knowledge of anyone in this area.  On Jan. 25 you had this to say about Coach Henry of Lumberton:

The Lumberton coach is not a bad coach.....just doesn't have the players to have a good team.....He needs that one guy that can make a difference and just doesn't have that guy....so I rank him in the top 5 around the area

Ranked him as one of the top 5 in the area.  And then you say 10 days later he should be fired???  Do you even have a clue about what you’re talking about?

This a true embarrassment to lumberton scoring 16 points I mean come on.........I have never seen a lumberton team or a team around this area score 16 points.....the coach should feel very stupid and a shame of how bad they got beat........I saw them play at ozen this year and they played brutal but I would have never thought they would have got  beat 75-16 .....should be fired this week...........

I think that it is a 3 headed monster.  Brown, Thomas and Donahoe in no particular order.  Letsinger would most definately be a honorable mention and he will have his day in the sun, but when it really boils down to who is the player of the year it can only be one of these 3.  I am a HJ fan and alum and of course I think that Donahoe is the best.  Not only for what he does on the court but off of the court.  He is a great student and never gets into trouble.  I do not know anything about Thomas other than that he is an incredible player.  Brown because he is ranked nationally gets more attention and I hear more about him.  Donahoe is my pick for Player of the Year for SE Texas!!!

WOW you are an idiot!!! Why do you even speak?

Donahoe for player of the year, with Thomas and Letsinger close. Brown is too hot-headed

Ryan Donahoe (HJ). The kid is an awesome player, and by all accounts an excellent young man.

Honorable Mentions to Thomas from EC and Letsinger from WH. Thomas is a great player and still has a year to improve. As for Letsinger, I would agree with whoever said he is probably the most valuable player in the area. He the reason for WH's success this year.

And West Hardin fans, don't worry about ltown, I'm sure nobody takes him seriously.