*Player Of The Year*?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just simply because the more competition you play against, the better you're going to be.  for instance... there is more competition in 5A than 1A...

if all three were in the same division, then yeah, sure.. they could all be just as good as the other... but THEY DONT play on the same divisons..

i duno.. just a thought.

Guest ltownbaseball9

BOTTOM LINE NUMBERS DON'T LIE..............Brown is the better player around this area and plays against the better teams and better players......Brandon can't stiff donahue jock thats just the way it goes.....he plays at a different level.......you saw brandon last week play with the big boys and look what he did the players are more athletic and the pace of the game is alot faster than what he's use too......he's good at the level he plays at.......

bball---ltown dont have to many fans woulnt be quoting him...lol...just kidding   :)

while your points are good......i just think its not possible to measure this because 1a players will never have the competition 5a has....so how do you know, how a player that never has the opportunity to play on that level....is not as good as the 5a player????.....do you see my point also??

well, he did get to play a 3a team at lamar... and he hung for a while.. but the tempo is just faster than a 1a game... you know?

and i do understand what your saying.. i would LOVE to believe that donahoe is as good as brown.

now if they all played AAU ball together, thats a different ball game :) they could learn from each other and i think they COULD possibly be as good as brown.

but if you put brandon 1-1 with donahoe [as of right now] donahoe would win.

same as donahoe vs. brown. :(

Guest ltownbaseball9

well one on one doesn't matter its a team game.......what I am trying to say is 5a is a different level........brown plays against the houston teams and dominates..........let brandon go play in the tough 3a district and 4a he average around 12 to 14 points......theres alot of players at the 4a and 5a level that are just like brandon....Brandon is great at the 1a level at the other level he would be consider good......Better athletes and faster game.........its like comparing Div 1 to div 11 and div 111.......its way different at the div 1 level......Donahue has scored the 30 points against the good 3a teams and 4a teams....brown has scored the 30 and 40 point games against the ranked 5a teams and 4a teams.......Brandon has scored the 20 point games against the 2a and 1a school and put up 13 points against a WOS team that has struggle thoughout the year.....what im trying to say is its a different level man thats just how it is.....Theres alot of players out there like brandon at the 4a and 5a  and3a level.......Brown and Donahue there just at another level.......

ltown is still mad that Coach McCarter told him that Brandon is better than anyone that has ever played in Lumberton.

Ltown, you don't have to like Letsinger, but some of your comments in the last few posts are uncalled for. He is more than an average 1A player. There are very few teams that he would not be a go to guy for in this area. Maybe not the best on the team, but one that would be counted on in the clutch.

But then again, it is just my opinion.

FYI Donahoe and Letsinger played on the same AAU team over the summer.  They played as a team and played with some of these same guys from 5A down to 2A.  There was no one standout player.  They all played. Including Mr. Brown from P.A.   

OMG!!!! thank you soooo much H86J.......i have been trying to tell these guys this for weeks.....where have you been (lol)....i needed you here way sooner...thank you!!

Guest ltownbaseball9

First of all I'm from westbrook 2nd of all Lumberton has had some pretty good players come through there.....not just basketball players but good athletes that played basketball...........Like when they had Lincoln and WOS in there district when Immanule Mccleroy played at Lincoln and Norious Maghee played at WOS and they beat WOS that year and had Shane chapman and Matthew Sebek........and also Lumberton did make the playoffs in 2000 and they lost to the team that went to the state championship game that year and and that team was TJ........and Lumberton had 3 or 4 guys on that team that played college sports after that year....so don't give me that........Like i said Brandon is good....but Brandon can't stiff Browns Jock what is brandon ranked in the Nation thank you very much he's not rank......ozen has 3 guys better than Brandon, Wos has a guy better than him, silsbee has a guy better than him, Central does, West Brook does........Don't get me wrong Brandon is good but he not great.....he's great at the 1a level...........Brown and Donahue they have proven how good they are against top notch teams........